Tiger Woods

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:After the tourney, Simon came by the store and here was our conversation,

Me-"Did you see that?"
Simon - "Yeah"
Me- <head shaking> "I mean WOW"
Simon- <head shaking> "Yeah WOW"

Then we shook our heads for another 20 seconds and said, "OK see ya later."

That is all we could (or had to) say.

WOW

"I am going to play in the US Open and I am going to win."--Tiger Woods
LOL, thats classic conversation there!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Simon Miller wrote:Yeah... still WOW.
Pretty amazing US Open and on cue again was Tiger. His ability and competitiveness is just out of this world. We are so fortunate to be watching history unfold before our eyes.

What impresses me the most about Tiger is his attitude and his willingness to work on the areas he needs to improve. Hank Haney is Tiger's swing coach and about a month ago was at our academy here in Florida doing an event for a corporation. Someone asked Hank what is it like teaching the best of all time?

His response, "It is fun. Tiger in three years has shared one goal and one goal only... and that is he wants to get better."

Over the years Tiger has made numerous changes to his swing, short game, body, mind, etc. He is willing to change anything if he feels it will make him better. For example, when switching from Butch Harmon to Hank Haney one of the first things they changed was his grip. Keep in mind Tiger had won something like 45 PGA TOUR Tournaments and 10 majors already. From a tour player perspective, it was a big grip change and for those of you that play golf know that when you change your grip, it changes the way you hit the golf ball. During these last three years Tiger's swing has changed quite a bit and he just keeps getting better.

The rest of the year just won't be the same.
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:Could this injury be career threatening? I know you put a lot of strain on your left knee during your golf swing... I hope he comes back next year at 100%.
Well, since he has been dealing with this for the past 10 years (knee pain) I am pretty sure that he will be back better than ever when he rehabs the knee. This is Tiger we are talking about. Modern medicine is amazing. Tiger will be back and better than ever. Mark it down. Like Travee said earlier. He is out of this world. We are all indeed fortunate to get to witness this historic domination.

On top of that he is just such a great ambassador of the game. And he respects history so much.

Wow.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

U sure like that word dont u?!?!? hahahaha WOW is about all we will be saying when he crushes Jacks record for Majors.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:WOW is about all we will be saying when he crushes Jacks record for Majors.
One of Jack's records that Tiger won't break is the 2nd place in 19 Major Tournaments...

Tiger will break Jack's 18 major victories, but it's not guarantee that Tiger will get 1st or 2nd in 37 Major Tournaments like Big Jack... Especially if Tiger develops the arthritus in his knee in 4 or 5 years like his surgeon predicts.

I know we won't be able to see if I'm right on this for the next 10 to 15 years, but my prediction is Tiger will end up with 24 Majors and 10 Runner-ups.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:WOW is about all we will be saying when he crushes Jacks record for Majors.
One of Jack's records that Tiger won't break is the 2nd place in 19 Major Tournaments...

Tiger will break Jack's 18 major victories, but it's not guarantee that Tiger will get 1st or 2nd in 37 Major Tournaments like Big Jack... Especially if Tiger develops the arthritus in his knee in 4 or 5 years like his surgeon predicts.

I know we won't be able to see if I'm right on this for the next 10 to 15 years, but my prediction is Tiger will end up with 24 Majors and 10 Runner-ups.
LOL Wow Rock you are really reaching on this one.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Simon Miller wrote:
Casey Fisher wrote:

We'll have to make sure khsgrads is still running 15 years from now to see if this comes true. LOL...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Simon Miller wrote:
Casey Fisher wrote: One of Jack's records that Tiger won't break is the 2nd place in 19 Major Tournaments...

We'll have to make sure khsgrads is still running 15 years from now to see if this comes true. LOL...
I will make it my mission to keep this going, or at least a copy.

So keep tracking those 2nd place finishes! lol
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hey Casey, just so u know, nobody remembers 2nd Place!!!!! bwahahahahahahahha Oh well, except for the media!