Sonics/Blazers

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.

Who is your favorite?

Blazers
17%
Sonics
17%
Lakers
17%
Bulls
17%
Celtics
17%
Knicks
17%
Jazz
No votes

Total votes: 6

Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Sonics/Blazers

Post by Mike Nordin »

So what do you guys think of the Sonics deal? The city gets 75 million (hopefully towards the 300 million that is being spent to renovate Key Areana) and the city keeps the Sonics name and colors. I actually like the deal. We can start fresh but with our history retained. Not being from the coast here and living in Astoria for 10 years I like the Blazers and the Sonics equally. So over the next couple of years before the Sonics are back I won't mind cheering for the Blazers. But what do you all think?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Sorry about that, I missed adding Other. So just write in other in the posts.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, most of u know who my team is. But anyway, i really hate the fact that Bennett was able to buy his way out of Seattle. No matter what, the next Sonics team will not be the same, kinda like when the Browns moved and Cleveland was able to keeep the Browns name. It took awhile for me to get used to the Browns not being the original Browns Organization. I am glad that Seattle will keep the Sonics name, thats for sure. It is going to be a loooong time before we see a good sonics team. I just Schult never would have sold the team, Seattle teams can compete in any league, they just didnt fork out the money for the players. I hate to see this young Former Sonics team leave, because they have some young exciting players and Durant is going to be a Gem in this league.

The Blazers on the other hand will be a team to watch out for in the next couple of years. I guess the NW will only have one team to root for over the enxt few years, this is a SAD day for Seattle
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Well, most of u know who my team is.
:x
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:Well, most of u know who my team is.
:x
I figured i would get that reply, LOL
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Kenny's favorite team
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Image

Kenny's favorite team
hahahaha, Thanks Hank!!!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

The real sad part is that there is no guarantee that Seattle will get another team. I still doubt they will renovate the Key Arena or get the $$$ to build a new arena. David Stern will still be reluctant to add another NBA team since the current 30 team league fits just right... Sad, sad time for Sonics fans...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Image

Kenny's favorite team
hahahaha, Thanks Hank!!!
At least he didn't post a picture of a purse for your team! lol I'm still laughing over that one.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Had to give ya a little trouble Ken. After the way they laid down for the Celts.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

What is the point with the NBA having summer leagues? Sheesh - take a day off.

If you love the Sonics - you would move to Oklahoma City.

Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Had to give ya a little trouble Ken. After the way they laid down for the Celts.
Oh yea, but they will be back next year. a young team that will get better, but the West will be tough if not toguher next year, so nothing is a guarantee