Just found this site

The place to talk about anything you want.
Mike Biotti '68

Just found this site

Post by Mike Biotti '68 »

Found this site by accident this morning. I am looking forward to reading posts and sharing info with others. Goodluck to KHS girls @ STATE!
"The patient fisherman catches the big fish"......Me
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Welcome Mike! I was working on getting Brian on here last year, but something wasn't getting through his email. That was right at the end of golf season, so I haven't seen him since.

Anyway, it is great to have you aboard! In addition to your great memories and stories, I also encourage you to go check out the "vitrual K-Logs" too.

http://www.khsgrads.com/K_Logs/index.htm
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Mike Biotti '68

Thanks Simon

Post by Mike Biotti '68 »

I will get Sean and Brian to register. We need to get Travis going on this site also. Don't see too many grads from my era (66-68 ) but I am sure they would respond if they knew of this site. Nice job and thanks to all of you who have spent the time and energy to make this website a reality!
"The patient fisherman catches the big fish"......Me
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

We need to get mike and Co. a 66' thread.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Re: Thanks Simon

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Biotti wrote:I will get Sean and Brian to register. We need to get Travis going on this site also. Don't see too many grads from my era (66-68 ) but I am sure they would respond if they knew of this site. Nice job and thanks to all of you who have spent the time and energy to make this website a reality!
Mike,

That is great. It would be awesome to have Toad and Dog here contributing to the great stories etc. As I am sure you already know, my parents were class of 67 and I am doing my best to get them interested. My dad loves to read and observe, but so far he hasn't shared any stories with us. I think eventually we will have a great community of all classes who come here just to reminisce and visit.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Simon, I have the same problem with my Dad. He will tell me that he isn't interested but then when I am on and reading he will read over my shoulder and comment quite often. His two reasons for not joining (although he joined on the last one) are not enough people from his generation and he doesn't think the younger generations will converse with him. It's really too bad. I think it is a great opportunity for younger generations to connect and learn from older generations. We ask questions about "the best rock band" or the best this and that and our responses often are lopsided towards our own generational experiences.
One of the threads I enjoy the most is "what has left Kellogg" (although kellogg might be the center of the Valley, we could talk about other parts a little :lol: ).
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Nords,

I know exactly what you are saying. I think this will only improve with time. I think the age/generational differences are going to be what truly enhances this board. Personally, I think it is awesome to learn from those who were living in Kellogg in the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. What a great perspective they bring!

Give them time and our dads will soon be on here banging on the keyboard like we are!
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

Simon Miller wrote:Nords,

I know exactly what you are saying. I think this will only improve with time. I think the age/generational differences are going to be what truly enhances this board. Personally, I think it is awesome to learn from those who were living in Kellogg in the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. What a great perspective they bring!

Give them time and our dads will soon be on here banging on the keyboard like we are!
LOL....Simon, my dad this morning was telling me a story about Ron Barker (golf pro) and your mom and my dad, grama's car and a bunch of tickets from the cops!! LOL...pretty funny..will have to tell you next time i see ya!
B.O.S.S.I.