#1 Wildcat Fan

KHS 50th Anniversary Concert

Post by Gwen Johnson »

From the Shoshone News-Press 2/22/07:
KHS chorus invites all Silver Valley singers to unite in harmony
By Jenay Blackwell
Staff Writer

Kellogg -
Kellogg High School will be celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. The chorus department has decided to celebrate the event by inviting any Silver Valley singers interested in uniting with the KHS chorus to sing together in an April concert.
Rehearsal will be at Kellogg Middle School in the music room from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Monday staring March 5 and the group will practice every Monday until April 16.
According to Kellogg High School's vocal music teacher Joy Persoon, the concert will start with music from the 1930s and up. Singers from the Silver Valley and KHS chorus will finish the concert with a patriotic finale.
Persoon, who also teaches choir at Kellogg Middle School, will be directing, supervising and singing in the concert. She said several Kellogg community members have volunteered to sing in the anniversary celebration, however she wants to reassure the community that the concert is open to anyone in the Silver Valley, not just Kellogg.
The concert will be held in the Kellogg High School gymnasium on April 19. There will be a $3 charge at the door with all proceeds going toward the music department.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Cool! I doubt I can be there, but it sounds like a wonderful idea! Since six members of my immediate family were in the KHS choir at some point (including my mom), I really wish we could be a part.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Laurie
It would be great to have you all there!
:)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Jen Derbyshire

Post by Jen Derbyshire »

My mom, who graduated in 71, and my sister, who graduates next year, are doing it together! It sounds really cool!
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

The date for the KHS 50th Anniversary concert has changed. It will now be held Wednesday, April 25th at 7pm.
:)