"Roids"

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Mike Dye

"Roids"

Post by Mike Dye »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm so tired of hearing about this issue. My question who is holding the big-wigs of baseball (Bud Selig) responsible? They knew all of this was going on and didn't do anything about it, because they were seeing $$$ signs like the rest of the owners. I agree the players were stupid for using them and I'm sure they were being used long before the McGwires, Sosas, A-Rods but noone said anything? In one way shape or form all athletes use some form of performance enhancers.... It doesn't seem like anyone cared up until recently....
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

very good points Mike. I think u can put all the blame on the Players Union, because the Major league Baseball Players Association never wanted any testing of any kind. The only reason they have testing now is because of pressure from the Government
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Which is because of pressure from the public...which is because of pressure from...yes...you know it, the media! Thank you ESPN, SI, ect.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

What a touchy, touchy subject! To me the sad part is that some of the great players are going to end up doing prison time for doing something that wasn't illegal in baseball until 2004.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Yeah i agree, it's sad. So who do we hold responsible for this or do we just say ok that was then this is now "All is forgiven" and let the records, HOF stats stand as they are? I don't know if there is a concrete solution to this, but I think the government should stay out of it, let baseball handle their own dirty laundry. With the state of the economy/unemployment, I think the government has more pressing issues to be concerned with. And that laundry list should include removing Bud Selig from office.

Maybe then Pete Rose can finally get into the HOF!!!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Mike Dye wrote:I don't know if there is a concrete solution to this, but I think the government should stay out of it, let baseball handle their own dirty laundry. With the state of the economy/unemployment, I think the government has more pressing issues to be concerned with. And that laundry list should include removing Bud Selig from office.
I don't think you could have said it any better Mike. I 100% agree with you on this.

I personally think that they need to just let the records, HOF stats stand as they are, and just clean it up going forward with harsher penalties. There are just too many question marks to erase guys from the record books as there are too many hitters/pitchers that we'll never know if they were on the juice or not.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

one thing everyone keeps forgetting about the hitters and the toids, is that they were hitting these home runs off of pitchers who were taking them too. so when u really look at it, doesnt it all even itself out??? Plus, look at home many 300 game winning pitchers we have seen over the last several years, no matter if u are taking roids or not, u still have to HIT the ball!!!! Which is not an easy task in Major League baseball. I agree with u guys, let the stats stand where they are and punish those that violate the rules from here on ot. i also agree with Big Papi, if they test positive, they are gone foe the season, or just say, 162 games, that way it is fair for everyone, especially if u test positive in the last week or month of the season. so, Test Positive, u get a 162 game ban! plain and simple. U test positive again, Banned for LIFE!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford