Kellogg Pep Band

Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Kellogg Pep Band

Post by Laurie Roberts »

I just had to give another shout out to the Kellogg High School pep band, which once again made a standout showing at the state basketball tournament. We did not have the largest band there, by a long shot, but they were so awesome. I just about burst my buttons. I particularly enjoyed their choreography, but of course that wouldn't matter if they didn't sound great, as well. I haven't heard a band yet, in any division, that's better, and few that are as good.

Go Cats!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Dawn, I think you were a Sr. when I was a Frosh. Do you remember the band trip to Canada? I know Simon does.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Jen Derbyshire

Post by Jen Derbyshire »

We went to Vancouver my freshman year(91)and Seattle during my junior year (93). Those trips are some of the highlights of highschool for me. We were so silly but we had so much fun! Simon, your sister was on both of those trips with us I think! Not too many schools get to do things like that anymore, I am so glad Kellogg still does.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Nordin wrote:Hey Dawn, I think you were a Sr. when I was a Frosh. Do you remember the band trip to Canada? I know Simon does.
Those band trips were awesome. We went to Canada, then Issaquah. I remember them both. I remember having host families and when my name was called out and the family we were staying with the whole place erupted. I knew we were in for an "interesting" stay. I guess the kid we were staying with was kind of a crazy one, but he was gone the whole time we were at his house. I think he was out partying or something. Anyway, those trips were always fun. I remember on the Issaquah trip we got to go to Seattle for one day. I made sure big "Norm" Bratton was in our posse, not only because he was one of the coolest guys to hang out with, but he was also a big dude and offered some significant protection from the thugs of Sea-town.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

I have to post this video/song in appreciation for the best Pep Band in the history of the IML. I will always have fond memories of them.

China Grove by the Doobie Bros. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCyO9Mp ... re=related
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Smokem' if you got em'!!!
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."