Five Things that are Still in Kellogg

The place to talk about anything you want.
Jen Derbyshire

Post by Jen Derbyshire »

Oh! And Sams. I still call it Frickadelli's, though.
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

Josh Hansen wrote:
Casey Fisher wrote:
LOL on not showering before going into the pool. I remember us doing the exact same thing. We would sprint out of the locker room and jump into the water as quick as possible hoping that the lifeguard did not see us. I guess it was too much work to run water over us before we went swimming...
I actually laughed out loud when I read the post about showering. I remember making plans hours before arriving at the pool to try and get past the life guards. And like G.C. said, how hard would it have been to rinse off for 3 seconds.
oh man, i HATED the locker rooms! May Ting was always in there threatening to kill all us girls. She has us scared to death!
B.O.S.S.I.
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

The Rena...i remember when Thursdays (or was it Tuesdays) was $1 night...and it ended up no one going the rest of the week so all the shows were a $1!

Of course we still have Teeters field. They moved the baseball diamond again. I miss that the dugouts aren't covered anymore.

Yep, there is still a high dive at the Mullan Pavillion!
B.O.S.S.I.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Hey Dawn. $1 nights were the best at the Rena Theater.

That is great that the high dive is still alive and kickin' at the Mullan Pavillion.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Jen Derbyshire wrote:Oh! And Sams. I still call it Frickadelli's, though.
Good call on Sams/Frikadeli's Jen... I remember how cool it was in Middle School when one of my teachers would walk our class down to Frikadeli's when we were really good... Also, I used to love walking to Frikadeli's/Sams after school with my teammates/friends to eat there before walking back to the Middle School before a KMS basketball/volleyball game or wrestling match...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I remember it was always a race down from the High School to either Fric's or Stop & Go for lunch. Chris C. and I would flat out run down to his Black Toyota and then boogie out. It was either that or spend your whole lunch time in line.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

I hardly remember it being Frickadeli's. When we first moved back to Kellogg in '75 it was still A & W. Good stuff.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

My Dad & I, when I was a young'n, used to stop at the A&W on Sat. mornings before going up to Silverhorn. I loved those Sat.
Hindsight: The Kellogg A&W is the only one I have come across that served Breakfasts. :lol:
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."