General Music

Come here to discuss everything from Yanni to Megadeth!

Favorite Type of Music

Country/Folk/Western
19%
Rap/hip hop
No votes
Rock/Classic Rock/Hard Rock
50%
Techno/Industrial
No votes
Heavy Metal/80's Metal
25%
Contemp. Christian
6%

Total votes: 16

Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

I just bought another copy of Guns n' Roses "Appetite For Destruction". Its got to be one of the best ever rock albums. At least top ten.

Ken, Breaking Benjamin and 3 Days Grace opened up for Nickelback. I am not a huge Nickelback fan either, but thought they were good in concert.

I think I am going to go see Candlebox next. Oldie, but goodie.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I was never a candlebox fan. Some 80's and 90's rock bands lean into what I call whinner rock, I think candlebox falls into that. On the other hand so does White Lion, and I like some of their songs. I think with these band we like them because we are sentimental for them for the time in our lives they represent.
On "Appetite" though, dead on. One of the top 20 rock albums I think. I know, "top 20"?, but that says a lot.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Hey Nordin, your right on Candlebox. Had a lot of good times listening to them, but they really are kind of wussie. :oops:
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I wouldn't say wussie, I sometimes just have a problem with singers voices that take on a real high pitch sound. And I'm not talking about rockers that yell crunching high notes, I like those, but more like elmer fudd (the slurring words part) after he sucked on a helium balloon.
Now songs sung by guys who whine about there girlfriend comming back or that he cried all night long because she wasn't holding his hand...now that's wussie.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Laurie, ever heard of the Newsboys???
I've checked them out recently and I think there like Depeche Mode. They'er pretty cool. What do you think of them...If you've heard of them?
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Honestly, I haven't kept up with them. I heard some of their stuff years ago when they first came out, and I've seen them on an awards show or two. I think I would definitely like their stuff, but I'm to cheap to buy anything these days. I happen to know that Coach Miller just saw them in concert a few weeks ago. Tell us about it, coach.
Chris Christopherson

Post by Chris Christopherson »

I am a total geek when it comes to this category.

I love absolutely everything. I download songs off the internet all the time and I swear music is definitely one of the things I couldn't live without. I'm also one of those idiots you see on the highway singing their hearts out and playing the invisible drums as they drive down the road. People I don't know are always waving at me as they pass thinking I'm waving at them first when I'm just "rockin out".

Chris Daughtry's cd is awesome. Its been a long time since I've heard a rock album I liked pretty much all the way through. Killer voice!

I like everything from Grobin, to Madonna old and new (cool newer song "Hung Up" with ABBA melody), to anything Pop, all the old school bands (Leppard,U2,Scorpions,G&R,etc..),some disco, most new country,some hip-hop, even alot of the new age stuff is good, and I'm even addicted(not sure if I had a choice or not) to my kids' Thomas the Tank Engine tunes.
Laurie Roberts

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Hey--I know most of you young folks are into the hard rockin' music, but I am thrilled to say that I'm going to see James Taylor this coming Tuesday. He is my favorite singer/songwriter of all time, and this will be my third concert. Can't wait!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Laurie Roberts wrote:Hey--I know most of you young folks are into the hard rockin' music, but I am thrilled to say that I'm going to see James Taylor this coming Tuesday. He is my favorite singer/songwriter of all time, and this will be my third concert. Can't wait!
Hey Laurie. How was the concert? I really like James Taylor's music. I bet he was great live, even for a third time.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Laurie Roberts

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Casey B--

Thanks for asking! He was soooo awesome. My best friend, Amy Fink, who I met more than 30 years ago when we were both students at Sunnyside Elementary, flew down and went with me. I seriously would go see him every year. It is cool for me to hear him sound better than ever at age 59 (especially since I'm getting a late start on my own singing career). Four encores, baby.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

That is great. Glad you two enjoyed him.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

I went and watched Rob Zombie at the Big Easy in Spokane last night. Good show.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Damn i wish i would have been at that Concert Matt. When i get back, we will have to hit some of them that come to Spokane. Whats the Big Easy in Spokane??? I have been away too long, need updates, hahaha
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

It is a bar/concert house/eatery. It holds about 1500 people, and there is not a bad place in the house to see a concert. Pretty cool.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I see they hold a lot of concerts there. I think 3 Days grace is playing there soon.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Going to watch the Pink Floyd Experience at The Big Easy in Spokane in April. It is a nine piece cover band/laser light show. It's got great ratings so far :lol: . Looking forward to it, I will update afterwards.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Matt, that should be a fun one to watch

By the way, I saw Doug and Tracy at the district championship game when i was home. I hadnt seen them in years, i am actually surprised they recognized me, hahaha. We couldnt remember when the last time it was they saw me. They thought it was when mom was sick, but that would have been at your wedding and i didnt make it to that. told them to tell u hi.