Most Hated Sports Team of All time

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Most Hated Sports Team of All time

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Ok Simon, you asked for it, lets see what everyone has to say. I posted a few of mine in the other thread.

1. Boston Celtics/Detroit Pistons/ San Antonio Spurs
2. USC Trojans/ Nebraska Cornhuskers
3. New York Yankees/ Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Dallas Cowboys/ Denver Broncos
5. Duke Blue Devils/ Kentucky Wildcats
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great thread topic guys... Simon, you should paste the past 3 or 4 posts from the other thread and insert them into here...

1. New York Yankees - Absolutely can't stand them. Every MLB season is a success for me when they don't win the World Series. If I ever have to watch A-Rod pop the World Championship Champaign in Yankee pinstripes, I will be beyond furious...
2. Duke Basketball - I absolutely love and respect Coach K and his coaching staff, but I love to see them lose. It makes me laugh when each year they complain that Duke has a "weak" bench when every guy sitting on that pine was a McDonald's All-American. Cry me a river Dukees.
3. New England Patriots - I have yet to jump on Tom Brady's bandwagon. The guy is good, but to me it is just absolutely ridiculous to compare him to Montana, Elway, Marino, or even Payton Manning for that matter. Their defense and kicker won them 3 Superbowls, not Tom Brady's big plays in my opinion...

These are the first 3 that came to my head. I have many more hatred for specific teams, but they are in respect to certain years, decades, etc... For instance Dallas Cowboys 1993-96. They don't bother me much anymore, but when they were at the top of pro football, I didn't like them.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Remember, those cowgirls were built off the backs of viking fans.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

And I never, nor will I ever, forget it or get over it.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Okay - I can dig this topic.

How about sport by sport - current only.

National Hockey League - Anaheim Ducks. Mainly just because I don't watch hockey and they remind me of the Emelio Estevez movies - QUACK!

National Basketball Association - Detroit Pistons. This goes back to the days of Bill Lambier, Isiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman. The bad boys of Detroit used to give out some severe beatings and the could flat play some hoop while doing it. I'm not very fond of the current product either.

National Football League - Baltimore Ravens. This could be the most overrated football team every single NFL season. I despise Ray Lewis and everthing he stands for and that includes the Ravens.

Major League Baseball - San Francisco Giants. I'm a true blue all the way through. Having Barriod Balco doesn't help matters either.

National Collegiate Athletic Association - Oklahoma Sooners. Hook 'Em.

Mixed Martial Arts (UFC, Pride, Bodog etc.) - Matt Hughes. The only thing bigger than his bank account is his ego. It was a great day when he lost his belt to GSP.

World Wrasslin' Entertainment - Vince McMahon. He needs to do something to clean up the image of wrestling but he never will because he's a money hungry tycoon.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

LOL on Emelio Estevez Roops... Good thing you don't watch hockey because the Quackers are up 1 game to 0 in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

ROOPS,

Your excellent post has motivated to make posting a priority on my end... that means I should get to it in the next day or two! Nice work holmes.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

I don't like Oklahoma, Texas, California(any school), Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama, LSU, UConn..... Heck, I pretty much can't stand any team in college that isn't Gonzaga, Florida State, Idaho(any team, exception being that school in Caldwell), or Montana(any team, exception being Montana State).

I don't like pro basketball or baseball.

I like the Detroit Red Wings in hockey.

I like the Seattle Seahawks in football.

I like Tony Stewart in Nascar.

I have no preference in golf. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Every other sport, I don't watch enough to comment.

So there!
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

LOL Matt. We should have made a thread of just "Only Teams I Can Tolerate" for you... At least you like the Seahawks and Zags.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

LOL, i will have to agree with you Casey. I was trying to figure out who Matt Liked or tolerated!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken, you put the San Antonio Spurs on the first post of this thread as a hated team. They are very much creaping up my list as well... I like Tim Duncan, but not so much the rest of the team. Bruce Bowen is one of the cheapest, dirtiest players in the league. I doubt it will happen, but I really hope they will get beat in the Finals.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Wow, what a great thread and what great responses so far. Here is my first attempt. I am sure I will "edit" it as I think more about it.

1. MLB: Yankees: Hands down. I can't stand them. I agree with Rock... every season is a success for me when they don't win the WS.
2. NBA: Lakers: I used to just "dislike them" but I always respected Magic and Kareem and Co. But Kobe makes me want to vomit every time I see him.
3. NFL: Raiders/Broncos: Can't help these choices. I am a SeaChicken fan and these two teams are high on my most hated teams and have been for a long long time.
4. NHL: N/A I don't watch hockey. Sorry. But I love Roops' choice so I will agree with him. Mighty Ducks. lol
5. CFB: University of South Central, Free Shoes University, scUM (Miami), and O$U (Ohio $tate University), and Boise State Junior College
6. CBB: Michigan
7. PGA: Sergio Garcia. Total Tiger wannabe and gets 0wn3d every time he is anywhere near Tiger.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

LOL on your college football choices Simon. Great work!!!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Ditto, LOL!!!
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Come on Sib, you gotta like FSU! :lol:
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Michelle (Dow) Hoerr

Post by Michelle (Dow) Hoerr »

MLB - Dodgers/RedSoxs
NFL - Chiefs
NBA - Lakers
CFF - USC

Michelle
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I think i have to add the New England Patriots to this one too. Cant stand then more and more and the Super Bowl was great to see them lose!!! Their arrogance is sickening. and this Super Bowl showed how average Tom Brady is. I have to agree with Casey above, he is No Joe Montana and "HE" hasnt won a Super Bowl YET!!!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I think the Cowboys are creeping up this list with the addition of "Pac-Man" Jones joining forces with Terrell Owens and company... They may as well trade for Chad Johnson to really climb up this list. LOL.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

As Seahawks/Vikings fan (the H. Walker trade still sticks to my ribs), the Cowgirls are already up there.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I think i have to Reiterate the San Antonio Spurs!!!! Man i hate them and the flopping Manu Ginoboli! Tim"no personality" Duncan i just cant stand. Im watching the Suns/Spurs here at work because im doing aperformance report on a guy. and i hear these commentators talking about the Hack a Shack and I do agree with them somewhat. But when they hack him all the time and it takes away from the flow of the game, it is ridiculous. I agree in Exploiting his weakness, but not everytime down the court at the END OF THE FIRST QUARTER!!!! anyway, im done venting, LOL