William Schaffer 1930-2007, class of 1948

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

William Schaffer 1930-2007, class of 1948

Post by Jason Spoor »

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this to inform you all of the passing of my Grandfather Bill
Schaffer. He took the hand of our lord today, June 11th 2007, while my Grandmother stood by his
side holding his other hand. To know him was to love him. I will forever cherish the 28+ years that
I was able to have such a wonderful man in my life. I will miss his room-lighting smile, his fabulous
wit, his courage, his stories and his love for life itself. The one regret I feel the most is for those of you
who are reading this that never got to know my Grandpa. He was able to touch so many lives by
just being himself.
My Grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary March 29th of this year. Our family
was able to throw them a surprise party (well somewhat of a surprise as it was hard to get something past
Grandpa). The party was attended by nearly 70 family members and perhaps twice as many friends.
I know how much the surprise meant to both of my Grandparents and I am so grateful that I had that last
memory to share with my Grandpa. When my mom last spoketo him on Saturday he made sure to mention
the great time he had that wonderful March day.

My Grandfather is survived by his wife of 60 years, Donna Schaffer. His three brothers, Bobby,
Donny and Jimmy. His four children, daughter Vicki, daughter Gloria, son Bill and daughter Terry.
Numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren and so many wonderful friends.

I want to thank you all for allowing me to share these words with you. It was Grandpas wish to
be cremated and to have his ashes spread over his rose garden. There will be a memorial service
held in Boise so for those who would like more information regarding the service please contact
me via personal message.
Pat Cole

RE: Bill Shafer

Post by Pat Cole »

Vicki and Jason,

My condolences to you and your entire family on the passing of your father/grandfather. When you speak with Donna, would you please give her my condolences also. I have fond memories of Bill , and Donna too.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Pat Crawford Cole
Persistence: The ability to overcome obstacles along the way.
Vicki Spoor

Re: RE: Bill Shafer

Post by Vicki Spoor »

Pat Cole wrote:Vicki and Jason,

My condolences to you and your entire family on the passing of your father/grandfather. When you speak with Donna, would you please give her my condolences also. I have fond memories of Bill , and Donna too.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Pat Crawford Cole
Thank you so much, Pat. We will most assuradly give her your condolences.
Vicki
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

My condolences to the entire Schaffer family and the Spoor family with whom I am very close with.

Very nice message Jason.
Cheryl McNeil (Cole)

Post by Cheryl McNeil (Cole) »

My condolences to you and your family on your loss.
Open your eyes to the beautiful.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Roops,

My heartfelt condolences to you, and your entire family. I enjoyed your writeup of your Grandfather. What a fitting tribute. It sounds like he led a very full and meaningful life on many levels. Although I never met your Grandpa, after reading your memories, I feel like I do know him. 60 years of marriage. That is incredible and inspiring.

My prayers are with you and your family,

SM
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences. My family really appriciated hearing them.