Best and Worst concerts you have seen.

Come here to discuss everything from Yanni to Megadeth!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Best and Worst concerts you have seen.

Post by Mike Nordin »

Since we have started talking about shows we have been to, what are your favorites and worst shows you have ever been to?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Worst i would have to say was Ted Nugent, great entertainer, but it was a poor show.
And of course, the best was Def Leppard last night.
Bon Jovi was pretty good, Def Leppard blew them away tho
Nickleback was also a great show.
I really enjoyed Ozzie Osborne.
Three Days grace was a great show too.
Chevelle was just ok.
Tesla was awesome.
Shinedown and Seether were great.
Flyleaf just ok.
Hinder was really good, they are an up and coming group.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

I like this topic, not that I have been to alot of concerts recently but back in the day I would tried to go......

My favorite concerts I've seen:

Scorpions/Tesla - seen them last year and they were still excellent even after all these years
Kiss - 1996 in Vegas, was seriously the best concert I have ever seen (Full Make-up and all original members), it was the 4th time I've seen them and they were my first concert back in 1984 (Animalize tour)
Bon Jovi/Skid Row - 1989 in Pullman was excellent
Van Halen - Great show, Eddie is incredible
Heart/Cheap Trick - Great Sound/Clear and a really good show
Poison/Ratt- Was cool saw them a couple of times
Dokken/Aerosmith - Aerosmith just got off rehab and weren't sure what to do on stage... But Dokken kicked ass!
Winger/Warrant/Trixter - They were alot of fun, kept the crowd into it

R. Kelly/Babyface/Boyz II Men - First R&B show, was really good
Brian McKnight, Joe, Rubben Studdard - was an outdoor concert and was excellent

Def Leppard will be here in August looking at going to that, should be a good show....
Last edited by Mike Dye on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike D,

U will love Def Leppard, those boys can still rock after all these years. Ia ctually forgot how good they were, because i havent listened to them much, and they did not play any of their newer stuff, which is about 10 years old or more. They played all of their good stuff. and u can go to their website and see what songs they will be playing when u see them.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

There is not enough bandwidth for me to explain the concerts I have seen. The all time best was Alice in Chains at the Met in Spokane about 1993 maybe. Me and Johnjacobdorgenheimerschmidt. In the In Memorium section there is a picture of John Spoor and I at Motley Crue at the Opera house taken by Shawn McNearney. That was probably second. The worst concert I saw was Warrant about 1991. Firehouse opened and ROCKED. Then Trixter came out and were Trixter :? . Then Warrant came out and well... :x . Another one of the best was Neil Young and Pearl Jam at the Gorge. Blind Melon opened. Johnjacobdorgenheimerschmidt and I also saw Black Label Society at the Big Easy and I was beside myself.

I have seen so many good concerts. Not very many bad ones. Some I don't quite remember as good as the others. :oops:
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Best: "Monsters of Rock" July 16, 1988 Candlestick Park, San Francisco
85,000 fans rockin out to Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions, Van Halen
Kingdom Come wasn't much, Metallica's only big hit at the time was "One", Dokken and Scorpions were awesome, Van Halen came out after dark, had a great light show, Eddie did some awesome guitar solos and Sammy rocked out across the bridge from his home town of Sausilito. He had the crowd going the whole time. It was almost 20 years ago, but it's still the best concert I've ever been to.

Another Great One was Scorpions & Alice Cooper at the Reno Hilton

Worst: Poison & Warrant 1990 at the Thomas & Mack in Las Vegas
Nobody was allowed on the floor in front of the stage, you couldn't leave your seat or return to it without showing the ushers your ticket stub. It was a sit down, shut up and listen to us play concert. The only crowd participation was getting cherry pits thrown on you when Warrant sang "Cherry Pie" and holding your lighters up when Poison sang "Something to Believe In" (woo hoo). The music was good, but you might as well have been listening to them on the radio.
Class of '89
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

My first was pretty cool-Last performance for the Tubes.
Kiss on the Animalized tour was OK.
Bon Jovi-Pre Slippery when wet was pretty good, but most the song I didn't know.
Ratt-I'm Sorry to Ratt fans, but this was the worst.
Petra-second worst-pretty boring.
Iron Maiden-awesome show.
Inxs-Cool light show and good tunes
Rush-second best. Great show, Great tunes.
Van Halen-Portland For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour. Alice and Chains warm up. Both were awesome. Great show and at the end both bands played won't get fooled again by the who. Two sets of everything! awesome!
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

A.I.C. at the Met in Spokane. :twisted:
So cool.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Hey Ken,

You were right man, Def Leppard puts on a great show. Opening acts Foreigner and Styx rocked pretty good too. Nice to see these bands still can play and sound good.
Jen Derbyshire

Post by Jen Derbyshire »

Def Leppard was pretty good last summer, saw them at the White River Amphitheater with Journey. I was actually suprised at the great mix of people who showed up. I thought the crowd would be...well, you know..mostly people my age and up but there were a lot of teenage kids there. It was a great show, though! First concert was NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK! Woo! The WORST I've ever seen was Danity Kane. (I took my daughter last winter).
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Shinedown and Seether were great.

Hinder was really good, they are an up and coming group.
would love to see all 3 of those bands!
B.O.S.S.I.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike D,

I knew u would like Def Leppard.

Some other good concerts i have seen were:

Toby Keith
Tim McGraw
Larry The Cable Guy(Hilarious in Person)

Dawn,
You will love all three of those bands; Seether, ShineDown and hinder. Three Days Grace is also awesome to see. They totally rock!
Last edited by Ken Lagerquist on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

oh sweet! i would LOVE to see all 4 of em!!
B.O.S.S.I.