Fantasy Football 07

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Josh Hansen
--Rimdancin--

Post by Josh Hansen »

I will set the draft for the Thursday. That leaves Wed. for everyone to rank their teams. Mike are you taking your laptop to the desert too?
"Your imagination is a preview of life's coming attractions."
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

No, I work in the hospital I'll have access to the internet.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

First of all, Mike, take care over there and come home safe!

But as of FFL, let's get this thing rolling. I've sent out two offers already since I have some trade bait. :oops: :x
How did I get so loaded on QB's and not RB and WR?

Oh well, I'm in the process of making lemonaid.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Yeah I seen your offer, got to come with something better then that.....
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

What do you have in mind? I'm open to listening to most ideas, but let me explain my offer.
Adam V. is a reliable kicker and will (by being on the colts) net you 9-15 points each week. The guy I'm asking in return is unknown but has potential. I need RB's (yes that's plural :lol: ). You already have a pretty good team but are a little weak at QB, so I thought one extra good (possibly the 2nd best in the league) for possibly the 3rd or forth RB. Both are predicted at 242 points this season (how they can be exact like that is rediculous (sp)). Brees did better than that last year, Alexander did much worse (but he was hurt, which could happen again. I know anyone can get hurt).
So, did you have anything in mind?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I just put Brees, a kicker, and a RB on the chopping block.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I can't believe it but i'm actualy content with my current roster. I hope you all took a look at the draft strategy of the person I play in week one - I work with him and was giving him crap before the draft about beating him - after seeing his team I couldn't help but laugh and told him if he beats me i'm quitting. For those not in the league but want a good chuckle here's how his first 5 picks went:

#10 - Carson Palmer. It's a bit of a stretch at #10 but the #2 quarterback isn't that bad of a first pick I suppose.
#11 - Matt Hasselbeck. This means he had Palmer AND Hasselbeck in his top 11 - genius I tell ya.
#30 - Bears DST. I know everybody wants either Chicago or Baltimore on D but top 30??????
#31 - Ravens DST. See above!
#50 - Warrick Dunn. RB's he could have had with 10 or 11: Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson, Laurence Moroney, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ronnie Brown.... etc. etc. etc.

He was so happy about his draft too, he said Palmer and the Bears DST will outscore my entire roster. I bet him that i'd beat him by atleast 30 points and if I lose i'm done.

BTW - anyone want Romo?
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Crap, we drafted already? I just got signed up and decided on a a team name. I suck at this fantasy stuff.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Wow, I just looked at my team for the first time. I think I have succeed at having the worst draft in fantasy history. I didn't get any email warnings of the upcoming draft because my ESPN account is so old it was registered under my old hotmail account... in other words. I SUCK.

Anyway, you know your fantasy draft sucked when there are just as good of players that are free agents that are on your roster. <sigh>

At least I got the email address updated. So I got that doing for me, which is nice.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Josh Hansen
--Rimdancin--

Post by Josh Hansen »

Simon your team isn't that bad, Losman is predicted to have a big year. Roops, whats wrong with Romo? He was the first QB I drafted in my other league.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Josh Hansen wrote:Simon your team isn't that bad, Losman is predicted to have a big year. Roops, whats wrong with Romo? He was the first QB I drafted in my other league.
I don't need Romo - Smith was my target QB and i'm fine with Delhomme as a backup. I offered you Boldin and Romo but you didn't reply.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Yeah Simon, your team isn't bad at all. You got strong RBs and TEs so how can you complain? I like Romo but I don't know if he'd be my 1st choice at QB?
Josh Hansen
--Rimdancin--

Post by Josh Hansen »

Mike Dye wrote:Yeah Simon, your team isn't bad at all. You got strong RBs and TEs so how can you complain? I like Romo but I don't know if he'd be my 1st choice at QB?
Trust me he wouldn't be my first choice in the draft but in the fifth round it was Romo or V. Young. Nothing wrong with young except he is on the cover of Madden most likely he will be out by mid-season.

Roops sorry about not seeing the trade offer, I don't get to my computer much anymore. Once every couple days if I'm lucky. Having a little one really consumes the free time.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Hey don't say that, I'm the one that got Vince Young....lol Wasn't by choice either but it's the one I ended up with.
Michelle (Dow) Hoerr

Romo

Post by Michelle (Dow) Hoerr »

Hey Roops, do you still want to give up Romo?

Let me know,
Bird
"Birds always start their day off Singing!"
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Michelle - I will indeed entertain all offers.

btw - never bet your opponent that you can beat them even if you let them set part of your roster. It's never good when your bench outscores your starters!!!
Michelle (Dow) Hoerr

Post by Michelle (Dow) Hoerr »

Tell me about it, I got killed in one of my other leagues with the same problem. Eli is out for a month so I need a decent QB. Romo is looking pretty good right now.
"Birds always start their day off Singing!"
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

1) I feel bad for trading Simon Brees. I hope (I'm pretty sure it will) it will turn around for him...except when I play him.
2) I can't believe I scored over 100 and still lost. I now know that QB passing TD's only count for 4pt.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

August is coming up real fast and that usually means Football!!!! Can we start looking at Fantasy play for 2008, anyone interested?
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I'm game.