On this day...

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

September 21st, 1970 - "NFL Monday Night Football" made its debut on ABC-TV. The game was between the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets. The Browns won 31-21.

Browns vs Jets - wouldn't that be a great matchup these days for Monday Night Football.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

October 1st, 1903 - The first modern World Series took place between the Boston Pilgrims and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

October 2nd, 1920 - The Cincinnati Reds and the Pittsburgh Pirates played the only triple-header in baseball history. The Reds won 2 of the 3 games
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

October 3rd, 1989 - Art Shell became the first African-American head coach in the modern NFL when he took over the Los Angeles Raiders.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

This one's for you Nords, Golf Coach, and all other Mariners fans out there... It was actually 12 years ago yesterday, but worth mentioning...

October 8, 1995 - Edgar Martinez hits a 2-run double in the bottom of the 11 inning to give the Mariners the win in the decisive game 5 of the ALDS vs. the New York Yankees in the old Kingdome. If you are a Mariners fan and still have a pulse, you get goosebumps just thinking about Ken Griffey Jr. rounding 3rd on this hit and sliding in for the win...

This was the greatest moment in the history of Seattle Mariners baseball.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Happy B-Day Rock!

Ya, my Dad was at that game. He had said that when it happended he got choked up and that it was an overwhelming moment.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Mike Nordin wrote:Happy B-Day Rock!
Happy B-Day? I appreciate the wishes, but my b-day is next month...
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

LOL, Ok, I guess I got the wrong message. But on the other hand I DO KNOW that Golf Coach's B-Day is Monday the 15th. So Happy B-Day to you Simon, when it gets here!
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:This one's for you Nords, Golf Coach, and all other Mariners fans out there... It was actually 12 years ago yesterday, but worth mentioning...

October 8, 1995 - Edgar Martinez hits a 2-run double in the bottom of the 11 inning to give the Mariners the win in the decisive game 5 of the ALDS vs. the New York Yankees in the old Kingdome. If you are a Mariners fan and still have a pulse, you get goosebumps just thinking about Ken Griffey Jr. rounding 3rd on this hit and sliding in for the win...

Good Call Casey. i cant wait to get back and go to safeco for some games!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:LOL, Ok, I guess I got the wrong message. But on the other hand I DO KNOW that Golf Coach's B-Day is Monday the 15th. So Happy B-Day to you Simon, when it gets here!
I second that, i already him a happy bday on his myspace, but he doesnt check it that often!!! come on sib, are u acting busy over there?? hahaha
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

anyone heard from BA lately??? That is one busy man out in Michigan!!!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

It's been awhile since we heard from him on here. It's too bad also.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

well, i guess we will have to kick him in the ding ding and start hearing from him more often!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:This one's for you Nords, Golf Coach, and all other Mariners fans out there... It was actually 12 years ago yesterday, but worth mentioning...

Rockober,

I think I was on my way home from a WAZZU-USC game during this series. My cousin Tony kicked for WAZZU and I remember my cousins Jimmy and Chris Meyer getting a towel from Keyshawn. (gag) but they were so pumped.

On the way home Amy and I listened to one of the games vs. the Yankees. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Great memory Rock.
Last edited by Simon Miller on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Nordin wrote:LOL, Ok, I guess I got the wrong message. But on the other hand I DO KNOW that Golf Coach's B-Day is Monday the 15th. So Happy B-Day to you Simon, when it gets here!
Nords, I know why you are so keenly aware of my B-Day. Happy Birthday to the Lost Boy AKA PLU Troll too. I can't believe how time flies. It seems like yesterday we were in Issaquah... you in your sweet Lost Boy Trench Coat (long before those emo-goths ruined trench coat fashion) kickin it at the "mixer" dance.

Good times my friend... good times.

Happy Birthday!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey, just remember you're the old man by at least a third of a day!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

This one's for you Roops...

October 15, 1988 - With the Oakland A's up 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th inning of Game 1 of the World Series, Kirk Gibson hits a pinch hit 2-run home run off of Dennis Eckersley to win the game.

In my opinion this is one of the top 2 or 3 greatest moments in MLB History. Gibson was banged up, injured, couldn't run, wasn't even supposed to play, yet he had this miraculous homer off of perhaps the greatest closer in MLB History... It was Gibson's only at-bat of the whole series as the Dodgers went on to beat the heavily favored Oakland A's.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

ON this day... a long time ago Nords and a particular Golf coach were born.

Happy Birthday Nords!
Pat Cole

Birthdays

Post by Pat Cole »

Simon Miller wrote:ON this day... a long time ago Nords and a particular Golf coach were born.

Happy Birthday Nords!
:lol: Happy Birthday to both of you youngsters.
Persistence: The ability to overcome obstacles along the way.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Happy Birthday fellas!