NBA

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

NBA

Post by Mike Nordin »

Half way through the NBA Season, any comments?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Question:
1. Can Shack be that extra something one more time so that the Heat can repeat or can Dirk and company sustain?
2. Who is your favorite NBA team?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

No, yes I think this is their year, and the Jazz becuase of my man Stockton (I wish he could have got a ring).
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I don't think the Heat have any chance of repeating. I don't think they will even be anywhere close to the NBA Finals either. I think this year will be either Dallas or Phoenix who will be cutting down the nets. I'm actually pulling for the Suns. I just love the way Steve Nash plays and their run and gun offense is sure fun to watch...

I also think it is one of the great travesty's in sports and Stockton & Malone didn't win a ring. They are two of the best ever and they definitely deserved it. That Jordan guy some of you may have heard of (I believe his first name is Michael) was just too good and he would allow the Jazz to win that Championship they truly deserved...

My team is the Sonics. And as of right now, I'm just more worried that they are going to move to Oklahoma City than if they are going to finish 5th or 6th to last in the NBA this season. Ray Allen is one of the best in the league and he deserves much better. I wish they were having a great season like they did 2 years ago.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Once again, ditto what FisherRock said above.

My favorite NBA team is the Sonics, but I admit, I don't follow the NBA as closely as some do.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Seattle just pasted some sort of levie law that will pave the way to build a new stadium.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Roops, what do you think of my lineup change up on the F.B.B.?
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike Nordin wrote:Hey Roops, what do you think of my lineup change up on the F.B.B.?
I think you did a much better job on your changes this time than on your last overhaul.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I finally figured out the current rankings so I could get the lowest numbers and I tried to stay balanced so I can try to tackle all categories instead of just one or two.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

well Mike, your team is probably the most balanced it has been this season - you have a good mix of quality players to go along with your role players.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

I think I am doing a great job as the token cellar dweller.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Nobody has done it better Coach Miller. Our teams would match up quite well right now considering I have 5 injured players on my roster.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Roops, I have no time to set rosters. Make me some offers.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Simon Miller wrote:Roops, I have no time to set rosters. Make me some offers.
Well I suppose we could make your roster the official injured list, lol - I sent an offer.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Right now, i would have to say the Suns are the Favorites, with Dallas a close Second.

My team is the Lakers, give them time, they are young, but strong. Looking forward to Lamar getting back, they could use him.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Jason Spoor wrote:
Simon Miller wrote:Roops, I have no time to set rosters. Make me some offers.
Well I suppose we could make your roster the official injured list, lol - I sent an offer.
So at least I can say I did something productive this season! LOL
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Roops, you spanked me last time we matched up. I hope my lead holds up and I have to say I not too sad your injury lineup is giving me a chance becuase when you get healthy you will probably start squashing us again.

Hey Knox, I thought trading A.I. was going to back fire on you. What up with that? Your kicking our butts!
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

freakin' injuries are killing me - Starbury and Ford are both out now too. I should be getting Chris Paul, Lamar Odom and Mo Williams back by the next scoring period so enjoy kickin' my tail while you can :)
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Don't worry I will 8) I know next time I won't fair so well, and who know by the end of the weekend.
Doug Knox

Post by Doug Knox »

Mike Nordin wrote:Hey Knox, I thought trading A.I. was going to back fire on you. What up with that? Your kicking our butts!
I hope that he and 'melo can co-exist when they lose a few games...it's all good when your winning, but losing will bring out their true character (which is not good in either guy's case). Other than that, I have been getting some breaks and against some tough teams my guys seem to be playing more that week which definitely helps in a head to head league. Simon not being able to play has definitely helped me out a couple of weeks (10-0 helps out a lot). I think a majority of my success is due to the fact that my guys haven't been out for more than a month with injuries - just little sprains & strains. There is still a lot of season left to play, though, so I'm hoping I can stay on top - but wouldn't count on it.