KHS Football

Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

That would be my guess as well, but as yet, KHS does not have the game on the schedule.
:)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Bonners Ferry only had 16 varsity players and lost a few to injury. The soccer program has taken a good chunk of athletes out of the football program. A lot of other kids didn't come out when they heard the shcool was going to do random drug tests (that's a rumor, don't quote me). I am a Kellogg High School fan thru and thru, don't get me wrong. Those kids have had a great season. It is wonderful to see that Kellogg football is back!!

Go cats.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

We know how soccer has cut into the other sports programs. For the first time in years, there were not enough kids for a C-team on Volleyball. And our JV Volleyball squad ended up with only 7 players after violations of athletic policy caused several players to be suspended.

I'm sorry to hear that BF struggled to field a team. I had not heard that...and their JV squad seemed to have an average number of players. I think I was a little more excited because of the whole sitting on our 50 yard line thing during the JV game. I think that's just rude. But then, I know some Wildcat fans can be rude too.

I still have no information about the first round of playoffs...
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Preliminary information is that Kellogg will play at Weiser on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 1pm (MST - 12pm PST) for their first play-off game!
Go Wildcats!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

That is awesome!!! Go Cats!!! Thanks for the updates Gwen.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

News article about the KHS and the state playoffs from the Shoshone News-Press:
http://shoshonenewspress.com/articles/2 ... orts01.txt

Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Kellogg lost to Weiser last Saturday in their first state play-off game in several years. The score was 48-26.
That leave Weiser to play Timberlake this coming Saturday at 1pm at Timberlake HS.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

2007 IML Team

Post by Gwen Johnson »

(Snippet from a recenly posted Shoshone New-Press Article - the full article can be found here:
http://shoshonenewspress.com/articles/2 ... orts01.txt)

Kellogg gets 12 to All-IML team
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 14, 2007 - 09:29:52 am PST

COEUR d'ALENE -- The Kellogg Wildcats had 12 members of their Intermountain League runner-up squad make it to the 2007 All Intermountain League team, with coach Alan Williams being named the league's Coach of the Year at the conclusion of the recent football season.

Kellogg tailback Cole Lewis, wideout and linebacker Jeremiah Big Spring, lineman Seth Ketchum, linebacker Mick Marion and cornerback Ty Ketchum were selected to the All-league team as members of the first team.

Marion, Fuller, Travis Seltenreich, Tyler Pileggi, Kyle Kenser, Jordan Cochrane, Seth Ketchum, Adam Furlin were also named to the All-league second team.

Wildcat head varsity football coach Alan Williams was named the league's Coach of the Year after leading the Wildcats to their best finish since 2001 and a playoff appearance against Weiser this past October.