Congratulations goes out to...............

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Congratulations goes out to...............

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Jimmy Zorn, in becoming the New HEad Coach of the Washington Redskins!! What a shocker that was, hired as the Offensive Coordinator and then promoted to HEad Coach. I like the hiring for the 'Skins. If Mora doesnt work out for us, i would love to see the Seahawks go after Jim Zorn. It sux he isnt with the 'Hawks anymore, but good for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/f ... ml?eref=T1
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Yes...and now I have another NFC team to follow. For years, all of my favorite teams were AFC and then the Seahawks moved. Since then...pretty much following a couple of NFC teams (Seahawks, Packers). So...now I'm adding the 'Skins to the list.
Wayne Sevier was their special teams coach when my husband and I made a newlywed trip to the Kingdome to watch the 'Skins take on the 'Hawks back in 1983. They were the defending Superbowl Champions at the time and it was my first (and so far only) live NFL game. He had also been my 8th grade basketball coach and we were undefeated that year.
So, woohoo for JZ...
He's probably my all-time favorite Seahawk. I have an autographed jersey, autographed (player) photo, a letter and a photo of he and I together when he first started coaching QBs at Seattle.
Here's a repost of that photo...

:)
Gwen
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Lauren A. Scrafford

Re: Congratulations goes out to...............

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

[quote="Ken Lagerquist"]Jimmy Zorn, in becoming the New HEad Coach of the Washington Redskins!! What a shocker that was, hired as the Offensive Coordinator and then promoted to HEad Coach. I like the hiring for the 'Skins.

Jim Zorn is a class guy. I met him at a golf tournament years ago(at least 20) and he is a super person. I hope he does well with the Skins..

L.A.Scrafford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I hope he does well also, but not so much as to beat the Seahawks. He has to lose those games. :lol:
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great thread and posts all... And I love the pic Gwen.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden