MY FRIEND VIC GILLETTE

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Wally Baade

MY FRIEND VIC GILLETTE

Post by Wally Baade »

Vic passed away in England on Jan 19th 2007. I had been to visit him in Oct 2006.
He was in poor health having lost a lung to cancer. His Liver went out and we lost
a great buddy from Wardner and Kellogg. He and I were born 3 days apart in the Wardner Hospital
July of 1940. He joined the Air Force at 17 years old and I waited untill I was 18. We both ended
up in Madrid Spain at the same time and he was my best man when I married my Spanish Novia.
I considered him my best friend for life. I will really miss him.
He was cremated and buried in the Mildenhall Village in England. He had lived in England for around
20 years.
Ken Lagerquist

Re: MY FRIEND VIC GILLETTE

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Wally Baade wrote:Vic passed away in England on Jan 19th 2007. I had been to visit him in Oct 2006.
He was in poor health having lost a lung to cancer. His Liver went out and we lost
a great buddy from Wardner and Kellogg. He and I were born 3 days apart in the Wardner Hospital
July of 1940. He joined the Air Force at 17 years old and I waited untill I was 18. We both ended
up in Madrid Spain at the same time and he was my best man when I married my Spanish Novia.
I considered him my best friend for life. I will really miss him.
He was cremated and buried in the Mildenhall Village in England. He had lived in England for around
20 years.
I am sorry to hear about your loss Wally. It is always tough to lose a loved one. I was stationed in Mildenhall back in the 90s, so u mentioning Vic being buried there brought back some memories.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford