Gonzaga win

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Brian Stovern

Gonzaga win

Post by Brian Stovern »

Good win for the Zags saturday. Hopefully they can follow up and win tonight against Steve Nash U. I mean Santa Clara.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

That was a great win for them Brian. I think that definitely clinched them a spot in the big dance... They will win by double digits tonight, I'm guessing by 20+ points.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

So if they do win out....5 seed in the big dance? maybe a 6.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I would guess a 6 if they win out. But maybe they could get up to a 5. If they don't win the conference tourney, I would guess a 7 or 8. They must avoid an 8 or 9 seed as then they would have to play a #1 in the second round.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Fisherrock... are you flat out tweaking due to March Madness being so close? This is your favorite part of the year!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

I agree Simon. Almost better off being a 11 seed, and playing the 6 seed first round and 3 seed second round. If they would just win out I think they are in line for a 6 or better seed. Joe Lunardi on ESPN has the as a 6 right now, but I'm sure he's assuming they will win out.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Brian Stovern wrote:I agree Simon. Almost better off being a 11 seed, and playing the 6 seed first round and 3 seed second round. If they would just win out I think they are in line for a 6 or better seed. Joe Lunardi on ESPN has the as a 6 right now, but I'm sure he's assuming they will win out.
Pipe, I would love to take credit for such bracketology prowess, but that was Rocktober who said it. I do concur, however.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I agree with you guys, when i saw they had beat St Marys, i was extatic. Looks like they are starting to come around. Now if they could get Heytvelt to pull his head out, they would be even better. ^ seed looks very much in their grasp. I think they really need to win the Conference TOurney, to keep the momentum going. MArch Madness is almost upon us, my favorite time of year boys!!! I just hope i can watch some games over here.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Simon Miller wrote:Fisherrock... are you flat out tweaking due to March Madness being so close? This is your favorite part of the year!
I am so pumped up Weis!!! The Selection Show is only 13 days away and the tourney starts two weeks from Thursday!!!!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

i cant wait too!! there is no other event that gets me more pumped up, not even the Super Bowl! MArch Madness is where its at!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

look at my Avatar, im so pumped, my arm is about to EXPLODE!!!! bwahahahahahahahaha
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:look at my Avatar, im so pumped, my arm is about to EXPLODE!!!! bwahahahahahahahaha
Nice one...
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

It's the one time of year I get to watch basketball none stop, and my wife doesn't even bother complaining about it! Love to see a couple of nice northwest runs...one by the Zags, and another by the Cougs.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Brian Stovern wrote:It's the one time of year I get to watch basketball none stop, and my wife doesn't even bother complaining about it! Love to see a couple of nice northwest runs...one by the Zags, and another by the Cougs.
Amen to that! (all of it)
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Its the one time of year my wife looks forward to also, because she knows basketball season is ALMOST OVER!!!!
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Now that's the way the Zags should have been treating the whole WCC all year. What a beat down of Steve Nash U. last night. Seems like they are heading to league tournament on a high note. With their vastly improved defense most of the year (with a few lapses on small 2 guards who can shoot the 3) I'm thinking they have a chance. Starting to see glimpses of the old Heytfelt too.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Brian Stovern wrote:Now that's the way the Zags should have been treating the whole WCC all year. What a beat down of Steve Nash U. last night. Seems like they are heading to league tournament on a high note. With their vastly improved defense most of the year (with a few lapses on small 2 guards who can shoot the 3) I'm thinking they have a chance. Starting to see glimpses of the old Heytfelt too.
Good call. That WAS indeed a beat down. I loved it.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

A lot of good Gonzaga teams have peaked in November and December. This year's team really seems to be getting it together at the right time. Hopefully their best ball is ahead of them in the NCAA Tourney.