Baseball Fever

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Defense is key to the M's lineup. I just read the article and ran over here to see if anyone had read it too. I should of known roops would have already spread the news. Well, it isn't official until the ink is dry.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Rhodes is back in the line up for the M's. Do you think he still has the stuff?
I always liked Rhodes. I even liked his diamond earrings that a certain shortstop from Cleveland didn't like.
What I am worried about is does he still have it because one thing the M's can't afford is a middle relief guy who pitches fastballs giving up the long ball, especially right after a solid performance from a starter. That would mess with the M's so bad who seem to emotionally react to just about anything.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

LOL on the diamond earring PLU...

The M's signed Rhodes to a minor league contract. He will be going into spring training, just trying to make the team. I don't know if he will make it or not. If he does make it, I can't see him pitching in a tight game in the 8th inning. I just don't know how much he has left... However, the last time the M's signed Charlton after everyone thought he was done, he was a formidable middle reliever for them for a few months.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Good point on the "sheriff". We'll see when it comes to Rhodes. I'm quote the great aquisition man himself Mr. Bavasi, "I can't imagine him (speaking of Rhodes) not making the opening day roster." Minor league or not, Bavasi has plans for Rhodes.
My Dad and I, unfortunately, are predicting that the M's will place 3rd, maybe 2nd if they're lucky, in the division this next season. Any team that puts Washburn, don't get me wrong I like the guy and he is an ok guy to have in the fifth place position, in the 2nd or 3rd spot in their rotation can't go that far.

What do you think?
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

What's so tough is that there is no patsy in their division. Oakland and Anaheim are among the best in the American League. Texas is pretty good as well. I'm not going to make any predictions quite yet, but I would say it would be quite a feat if the M's were to finish in the top 2 in the A.L. West.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike Nordin wrote:My Dad and I, unfortunately, are predicting that the M's will place 3rd, maybe 2nd if they're lucky, in the division this next season. Any team that puts Washburn, don't get me wrong I like the guy and he is an ok guy to have in the fifth place position, in the 2nd or 3rd spot in their rotation can't go that far.

What do you think?
I think the Angels won the world series with Washburn as their #2 starter in 2002.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I hope you're right. The M's #2, their new bench coach who is their old bench coach, says he thinks they will take their division this season. But what else is he going to say..."I think we suck and we'll struggle to get out of the basement"?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

O.K. Roops, give me an arguement as why I should go through with this trade. I admit ignorance here. I can see the ranking that Battier has but his points are not high nor are some of his other stats. Maybe thats my problem, I can see that his percentages are incredibly high. But I know, and I know you know, that Ming will be back in about two weeks. Maybe a little longer.
So, :? please explain it me my master.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Apparently Las Vegas doesn't like the Mariners chances this year. They have them as the 5th worst team in all of Major League Baseball. Here are the current odds for this season:

The odds for the Mariners to win the AL West is 10 to 1.

The odds for the Mariners to win the American League is 40 to 1.

The odds for the Mariners to win the World Series is 100 to 1. Only Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Washington have worse odds to win it all...
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

fantasy baseball starts February 15th - I hope we can pull together a full league because I haven't played in about 6 years.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Just put up the link an I'm in. I think my Dad is in too. How many do you need? I bet Knox will join up and maybe Fishrock?
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Sorry plu. I'm too much of a wimp to play fantasy baseball. I only like fantasy hoops & football. Hopefully you will get a full league though...

I will still be up for talking baseball with you and others all season long though here on khsgrads.
Doug Knox

Post by Doug Knox »

I'm in.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/7015

i've set up a league for those interested in playing fantasy baseball - Max 12 teams - all are welcome to play!!!
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I suppose this will help:

League ID# - 7015
Password - Mariners
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

well, we only need 9 more people! :)
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

How many total will be in the league?
What will be the draft order and when will the draft occur?
My Dad (Tony) will sign up today also.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike,

We can have up to 12 teams in the league but I can start it at any point before then. I will draft first since it's my league (just kidding man) - i'll have yahoo do a random order on the draft. The draft will occur I think 2 days after I set the league as "ready" - I would love to have the league set in time for the start of spring training.

If anybody know someone who would like to play fantasy baseball please let them know about our Yahoo league. With Mike and his dad that will put the league at 5 - myself, my Dad, Mike Nordin, Mikes father and Doug Knox. I know we could get by with an 8 team league so we are getting there.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I like the random draft order, but will we know what the order will be before the draft?
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Yes, once I set the league to ready it will show the draft order.