Does the WCC.....

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I think the answer to the original poll question is now without a doubt - YES!!! I couldn't believe yesterday as about 98% of the teams that were all on the bubble lost. St. Mary's will be in for sure now. I think the only way they were not going to get in was if a ton of bubble teams would have won their first tournament games.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Casey Fisher wrote:I think the answer to the original poll question is now without a doubt - YES!!! I couldn't believe yesterday as about 98% of the teams that were all on the bubble lost. St. Mary's will be in for sure now. I think the only way they were not going to get in was if a ton of bubble teams would have won their first tournament games.
Almost seems like no one wants to be in the tournament this year. The NIT should have some big name schools in it this year.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I know it. Of the 12 teams on the bubble who played yesterday, I think St. Joe's was the only team that won...

Just take a look at the body count: Villanova, Dayton, UAB, Arizona State, Baylor, Houston, Maryland, UMass, Oregon, Mississippi, Arizona and New Mexico all lost in their conference quarterfinals or earlier.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Speaking of teams that lost. Maybe not a bubble team, but UCLA beat University of South Central tonight and I swear in the final 5 minutes plus post game, the stupid announcers said "OJ Mayo" at least 1000 times. Does USC have 4 other players on the floor? For crap's sake USC just lost and these guys are still saying "OJ Mayo this" and OJ Mayo that..." I think I am gonna throw up!

The guy hit some nice shots in the final 3 minutes but also turned it over 2 times! He didn't pass the ball once in 6 possessions and sill all they can talk about is OJ Mayo.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Amen Simon! If Mayo is soooo friggin great, why aren't they playing today? There is NO Mayo in TEAM.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, if the NCAA tourney is going to be anything like these conference tournaments this year, then we will be in for an exciting tournament. I have to say tha i this years tourney is probably as close as it gets to being up for grabs, anyone can win it type of tourney. G-Town losing today is a sign of that. PITT is playing really well right now. And two subpar SEC teams in the Championship, maybe that is a just a sign that the SEC is down this year. And if Kentucky gets in this year, it will be a sham!!!! They do not deserve it this yyear, their record against the RPI teams is horrible, no good wins at all on the road and they got beat by 40 by Vandy.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, the Zags have a tough road once again this year. I guess thats what they get for not winning their Conference Tournament. Davidson will not kneel down to them and then if they get past Davidson, they will most likely face Georgetown. Will just show them they need to come play every game. this is from MSNBC, and they couldnt have put it any better.

"The old Gonzaga would have played with more enthusiasm in the West Coast Conference Final vs. San Diego. The New Gonzaga, fat and happy, couldnt get a loose ball and played humdrum basketball. The Zags never used to turn it off and on like that. This team lets Jeremy Pargo control the ball too much. Gonzaga played a tough schedule, but did it beat Tennessee? No. Did it beat Oklahoma, Memphis, Washington State, Texas Tech? No, no, no no."
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

I was dissapointed Gonzaga got Davidson. Davidson was a cinderella team I was looking forward to rooting for. I don't think who gonzaga plays matters nearly as much as how they play. If they come out motivated and flying around on defense then they can beat pretty much anyone in the country. If they play like the did in the WCC tournament then they'll loose to davidson.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Brian Stovern wrote:I was dissapointed Gonzaga got Davidson. Davidson was a cinderella team I was looking forward to rooting for. I don't think who gonzaga plays matters nearly as much as how they play. If they come out motivated and flying around on defense then they can beat pretty much anyone in the country. If they play like the did in the WCC tournament then they'll loose to davidson.
Brian,

I agree with u 100%. We will see how well they practiced this week, by the way they play. Time will tell
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Is there someplace online where we can all fill out a bracket, and have them tracked against each other? Kind fantasy baseball like?
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Brian Stovern wrote:Is there someplace online where we can all fill out a bracket, and have them tracked against each other? Kind fantasy baseball like?
Ask and ye shall receive.

This one is pretty fun. $5 per entry.

http://rimdancin.hoops.sportsfan.com/

Commissioners, and KHS Grads Brian "Pun" Carlson and Josh "Rimdancin" Hansen
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

The Zags have a very tough game ahead of them... Aside from the fact that Davidson is a darn good team and could beat the Zags at a neutral site, here are the two things I think they have most against them:

1. This game is only 2 hours from Davidson's campus. The crowd will be cheering for the home team and the lower seed. I see 98% of the crowd being for Davidson. This will be like a true road game for the Zags.

2. The game is at 9:20 a.m. on Friday. That early start will just kill the Zags. It's one thing if you have practice at 9:00 and you get up at 8:00, grab a pop tart as you're walking out the door and go to practice. But the Zags will have to get up around 5:00 a.m. PST for a pre-game meal and get ready for the game early in the morning... When they played Memphis at 9:00 a.m. earlier this year, they were asleep for the first 7 minutes of the game... For Davidson, this game is at 12:20 p.m. because they live in the Eastern Time Zone and are used to it...

The only thing that could save the Zags and get them a win vs. Davidson is if they show up and play up to their potential. The Zags have way more talent, but have not played up to their full capabilities for most of the season.
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Casey Fisher wrote:The Zags have a very tough game ahead of them... Aside from the fact that Davidson is a darn good team and could beat the Zags at a neutral site, here are the two things I think they have most against them:

1. This game is only 2 hours from Davidson's campus. The crowd will be cheering for the home team and the lower seed. I see 98% of the crowd being for Davidson. This will be like a true road game for the Zags.

2. The game is at 9:20 a.m. on Friday. That early start will just kill the Zags. It's one thing if you have practice at 9:00 and you get up at 8:00, grab a pop tart as you're walking out the door and go to practice. But the Zags will have to get up around 5:00 a.m. PST for a pre-game meal and get ready for the game early in the morning... When they played Memphis at 9:00 a.m. earlier this year, they were asleep for the first 7 minutes of the game... For Davidson, this game is at 12:20 p.m. because they live in the Eastern Time Zone and are used to it...

The only thing that could save the Zags and get them a win vs. Davidson is if they show up and play up to their potential. The Zags have way more talent, but have not played up to their full capabilities for most of the season.
Zags should be able to overpower them inside. They should have a minimum 10 rebound advantage and several more blocks. The thing that worries me is the zags perimeter defense. It's never been the strong suit, and I can see Stephen Curry just lightning them up from 3. The Early start is tough. I play a lot of competitive softball, and I know I'm not the same player at 8 or 9 am that I am in the afternoon. Just hard to get going and be agressive at that time of the morning. thankfully I have this friday off to watch the game!
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

The only thing that can save the 'Zags is if Kuso learns how to catch a basketball and learns how to dunk in the paint.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Maybe the Zags will surprise us and come ready to play. We will definitely see how this game goes down. Mark Few needs to start doing soemthing with these bigger tiem recruits and get them further into the tournament than they have been recently. The Zags need to come out and play with a lot more heart than they have been doing, and play meaner and tougher out there. U gotta want the ball at all times, and do anything to get after it.