Tom Crean hiring

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Tom Crean hiring

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I know this has been a couple weeks, but i am curious what you guys thinking of the hiring of Crean at Indiana? Is it good? Is it mediocre? Bad? I think it will be a good fit. He will have them back in no time.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

I think it is about as good of a hire as they could have done. Not sure if he'll have them national championship good anytime soon, but they will be top 25 year in and year out.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Brian Stovern wrote:I think it is about as good of a hire as they could have done. Not sure if he'll have them national championship good anytime soon, but they will be top 25 year in and year out.
I agree Brian, he might also get some better recruits in at Indiana too. so we will see
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

They have seriously lacked in upper level recruits. Bob knight wasn't a great recruiter. Sampson was better, but not great. He got Eric Gordon, but throughout his career recruiting wasn't his strong suit. We'll see how Crean does. He didn't exactly get all american's to Marquette, but it's a tough place to recruit too. He should do better in Indiana.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Brian Stovern wrote:They have seriously lacked in upper level recruits. Bob knight wasn't a great recruiter. Sampson was better, but not great. He got Eric Gordon, but throughout his career recruiting wasn't his strong suit. We'll see how Crean does. He didn't exactly get all american's to Marquette, but it's a tough place to recruit too. He should do better in Indiana.
this is my exact thought too Brian. I dont Marquette was a hot spot for recruits, but he did well with what he got. Hopefully he can pull in better recruits there at Indiana. As far as Bobby Knight, i think he was a better recruiter in his early years, and back then kids could deal with his abrasiveness, but he didnt change with the times and kids are less disciplined than they were back then, so i think that hurt his recruiting big time over the last 20 years or so.