Coach should be happy

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Hank Rauenhorst

Coach should be happy

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

ND Tight end with our second pick. I didn't like it. But I liked it more than our first pick. I can't believe this crap. :(
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Travis Fulton

Re: Coach should be happy

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:ND Tight end with our second pick. I didn't like it. But I liked it more than our first pick. I can't believe this crap. :(
When I first saw our picks today I thought I was taking crazy pills....... but then I had a beer and became more optomistic or perhaps confused.

Alright, we now have 5 Defensive End's that can play: Patrick Kearney, Darryl Tapp, Bararka Atkins (Last year's pick), Jason Babin (traded for Boulware), Lawrence Jackson (1st Round Pick)

We shouldn't have a problem keeping them fresh. Jackson can play inside and I do think he will be good against the run. He was the defensive captain for USC, who has now accounted for seven picks in the first two rounds.......amazing.

John Carlson needs to be good for us - he reminds me of a smaller Jason Witten. However, I still think we need to stretch the field with a big play receiver - not sure if that is left on the board. Give the Hawks one more big play receiver and Carlson will be really good. Take TO away from Witten......his productivity goes down.

Sunday Picks:

Round 4..............Defensive End.........just kidding - how about DT
Round 5..............WR
Round 6..............Kicker
Round 7..............Safety
Round 7..............G

Weird Draft this year!
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Re: Coach should be happy

Post by Simon Miller »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:ND Tight end with our second pick. I didn't like it. But I liked it more than our first pick. I can't believe this crap. :(
I am scratching my head too Sabbath. Don't get me wrong, I am a diehard Domer, and Carlson will have NO problem picking up the WCO, and he will be tough, but I don't know how soon he will be able to make an impact.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I knew i would see a post about the ND TE going to the Hawks. I too am confused with our picks. I like Vav said, we need a big time WR, and we need it now. Whether we trade for it or draft him, so i think the trade route will be the way to go. If we are going to make Holmgrens last season a good one, we need to go after these kinds of things. The DE pick should be ok, but we didnt need another one.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:I knew i would see a post about the ND TE going to the Hawks. I too am confused with our picks. I like Vav said, we need a big time WR, and we need it now. Whether we trade for it or draft him, so i think the trade route will be the way to go. If we are going to make Holmgrens last season a good one, we need to go after these kinds of things. The DE pick should be ok, but we didnt need another one.
Lets go for Chad Johnson today - there is not risk....he is a big time WR that can go vertical.

You know, I think the Seahawks overall the last few years have drafted well to build our Defense with Tatupu, Hill, Jennings, Tapp, Trufant, Mebane and now Lawrence Jackson - this defense is good enough to get the job done.

However, they are just a little conservative when it comes to getting the big play guy on offense. Deon Branch for a first round pick - decent effort but imagine Chad Johnson with Deon Branch right now.........Bobby Engram in the slot with Burleson and Obamanu working the middle. Our second round pick would look a lot better with that type of verticallity - those type of TE's are only good if they can block and there is a WR that can go deep. He can block now lets go deep.

Give up your 4th, 6th, 7thand next year 2nd and lets get our boy. Draft a kicker in the 5th and lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Check please.
Hank Rauenhorst

After a good nights sleep. I still think the Hawks jobbed it. I am going to watch the next few rounds with a little optimism. And a couple of beers. If we get Chad Johnson, it will be like when we got Franco Harris......WAAAAAY too late. I would rather have Jerry Rice again. What is Michael Turner doing these days?
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:After a good nights sleep. I still think the Hawks jobbed it. I am going to watch the next few rounds with a little optimism. And a couple of beers. If we get Chad Johnson, it will be like when we got Franco Harris......WAAAAAY too late. I would rather have Jerry Rice again. What is Michael Turner doing these days?
Michael Turner I believe is the RB for the Falcons now? Did you mean Darryl Turner.......Steve Largent's counterpart?

TO was old when he went to Dallas - big time receiver
Moss was old when he went Pats - big time receiver

He has 2-3 more explosive years in him. Sometimes I think you have to do some things where everything just doesn't add up. Maybe a little risky or the guy is not exactly the type of character were looking for but is the wild card that can light a little fire and get us over the top. I liked Shockey but I think Johnson even makes more sense now with our TE pick.

Diesel........if we got Johnson and he started killing yet you would be the first to buy his jersey. Have a "Heidi" for me will ya.
Hank Rauenhorst

You are right Dies. Darrell Turner "The Burner". But no, I would not get Johnson's jersey. I will get the gold teeth!!

and for our next pick.......

------ JCS 7-7-7
Hank Rauenhorst

Who the hell is Red Bryant? Sounds like a bad guy from the wild, wild west.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Hank Rauenhorst

Now a circus freak FB?!?!?!?!?!?! Owen Schmitt Image
------ JCS 7-7-7
Hank Rauenhorst

this is what Seattle just did with their draft:

------ JCS 7-7-7
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Now a circus freak FB?!?!?!?!?!?! Owen Schmitt Image
Too funny Dies........but I can tell you that the FB Schmidt is a beast. I have watched a lot of West Virginia games and this kid can block and hit. I wouldn't be suprised to see him in on short yardage with Duckett and play special teams.

How about the 6th round pick.......Long Snapper? I am trying to to be optomistic but that one really bothers me. Why do we have to waste a pick on a long snapper? And better yet, is he the best long snapper in college football? If so, why did he go to school at San Diego St? Even Mel Kiper Jr. on ESPN was like, "uhhhhh ya you need a long snapper". The kid can really get it back to there....lots of speed and tight spin.

7th Round is next........could always use a backup long snapper.
Hank Rauenhorst

Backup long snapper!!!!! :lol: :lol: How bout a freakin holder
------ JCS 7-7-7
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Now a circus freak FB?!?!?!?!?!?! Owen Schmitt

Maybe we're going to start using the wishbone offense!?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Travis Fulton wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:I knew i would see a post about the ND TE going to the Hawks. I too am confused with our picks. I like Vav said, we need a big time WR, and we need it now. Whether we trade for it or draft him, so i think the trade route will be the way to go. If we are going to make Holmgrens last season a good one, we need to go after these kinds of things. The DE pick should be ok, but we didnt need another one.
Lets go for Chad Johnson today - there is not risk....he is a big time WR that can go vertical.

You know, I think the Seahawks overall the last few years have drafted well to build our Defense with Tatupu, Hill, Jennings, Tapp, Trufant, Mebane and now Lawrence Jackson - this defense is good enough to get the job done.

However, they are just a little conservative when it comes to getting the big play guy on offense. Deon Branch for a first round pick - decent effort but imagine Chad Johnson with Deon Branch right now.........Bobby Engram in the slot with Burleson and Obamanu working the middle. Our second round pick would look a lot better with that type of verticallity - those type of TE's are only good if they can block and there is a WR that can go deep. He can block now lets go deep.

Give up your 4th, 6th, 7thand next year 2nd and lets get our boy. Draft a kicker in the 5th and lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Check please.
I would take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat! We need to go after him, make a splash and stop being so soft and politically correct on offense. If we got him and made him the focal point of the receivers on offense, he would be a happy camper. Chad johnson would be good for our team. He may be a head case, but he is an entertaining headcase who can flat out play and catch the ball, something our team needs. I would take him over Shockey anyday of the week.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Travis Fulton wrote:

Check please.
I would take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat! We need to go after him, make a splash and stop being so soft and politically correct on offense. If we got him and made him the focal point of the receivers on offense, he would be a happy camper. Chad johnson would be good for our team. He may be a head case, but he is an entertaining headcase who can flat out play and catch the ball, something our team needs. I would take him over Shockey anyday of the week.
I agree Ken 100% The Seahawks do a lot of good in the way of political and character moves. However, they do not pull that one string that could get them over the top. Take a chance on a player that is the playmaker needed.

We are one big playmaker at WR to really give this a go this year. Our defense will be as good as it has ever been......and we have the best young long snapper in the game.
Hank Rauenhorst

Travis Fulton wrote:......and we have the best young long snapper in the game.

That just made me poop my pants. :oops:
------ JCS 7-7-7
Hank Rauenhorst

------ JCS 7-7-7
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:this is interesting.............

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... d=tab3pos2
Very good read about Carlson, he is a big kid and hopefully fits into Holmgrens offense well.