Welcome once again.

Don't know what you got, til it's gone....
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Well, we will just have to get there a couple of days early. :wink:
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Do you like it up there in Alaska?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike,

If someone from the NW doesnt liek it in Alaska, there is soemthing wrong with them, it is beautiful up there, especially where Brian is working at, it is waaaaaaay out there in the mountains. I know in the beginning of operations(not sure about now) they had to fly into work i believe, i may be wrong. But i think they were building a road, and also in the beginning, i think they built an Ice Road to get everything in there during the winter. Anyone every watch Ice Road Truckers??? We used to build an Ice Road out to our Bombing Range when i was stationed up there, so it is cool to watch that show knowing how it is done.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
BM.Biotti

Post by BM.Biotti »

I like it here in the summer. Winter sucks especially when wrking day shift. went 28 days without one minute of daylight. Dont really get to take in the scenery too much but we have some good views. I dont have much of a social life anymore. I have made some really good friends here though. If I can last up here for 9 more yrs, i could retire. But that aint happening. I would go nuts. Job itself is pretty good. Work lots of hours, at least 80 per week.
"A man worthwhile, is a man that can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat" - Judge Smails
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

BM.Biotti wrote:I like it here in the summer. Winter sucks especially when wrking day shift. went 28 days without one minute of daylight. Dont really get to take in the scenery too much but we have some good views. I dont have much of a social life anymore. I have made some really good friends here though. If I can last up here for 9 more yrs, i could retire. But that aint happening. I would go nuts. Job itself is pretty good. Work lots of hours, at least 80 per week.
Brian, what are you doing up there?
"Play Like A Champion Today"
BM.Biotti

What am I doin?

Post by BM.Biotti »

I am mining for gold. Drilling, Blasting Bolting Mucking, Hanging pipe, ventilation, eating prime rib, playing poker, being bored out of my gord.
"A man worthwhile, is a man that can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat" - Judge Smails
BM.Biotti

Post by BM.Biotti »

Ken, I just wanted to say thank you for your service to our country.
Ken Lagerquist

Re: What am I doin?

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

BM.Biotti wrote:I am mining for gold. Drilling, Blasting Bolting Mucking, Hanging pipe, ventilation, eating prime rib, playing poker, being bored out of my gord.
Oh suck it up, u are banking alot of money eating Prime Rib all the time!!! God i miss Alaska, there are some good places to eat up there. Have you eaten at the Turtle Club in Fairbanks yet?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Welcome Mr. Jansen! 8) Good to have you aboard. I finally went to see Rush in concert a year ago. I thought of you during the concert when you played at your house.
BM.Biotti

Food

Post by BM.Biotti »

Hey I dont buy the stuff, thats what they feed us. As a matter of fact we just had it again tonite, with drunken shrooms, taters, rice, mac n cheese, and ice cream for dessert. I was in pretty good shape till i got here.
When I get back to civilization, i want to hit taco bell and the humdinger
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

When you get home it will be Marlboro Lights, Busch Lights and Boboli pizzas! :D :D At least that is what I hope.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
BM.Biotti

homecoming meal

Post by BM.Biotti »

hank, haven't done the boboli in quite some time, like antonios much better, as for the smokes, that is the norm. Heard Jimmy Finlay was gonna put a whoopin to ya the other nite. FUNNY STUFF right there. LOL Been workin on my tolerance, poundin a bottle of nyquil every night. not as good as guifenisen, but does the trick. Put some brew on ice buddy cause im comin home in 7 days. see you soon
BM.Biotti

Post by BM.Biotti »

Two words, coming home
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

have a safe trip Brian!! I wish i was making the trip home in two days myself!!!! also wish i was flying to Alaska right now to go fishing!!!! U do much fishing up there?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Ken, when is it again that you will be back?
Keith Warren

Post by Keith Warren »

Howdy, long time no talk. Just thought I would stop by and see how everyone is doing?
Live life to the fullest and always learn from the past.
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Keith! It's been a long time. How are you, old friend?
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Keith Warren wrote:Howdy, long time no talk. Just thought I would stop by and see how everyone is doing?
Hey Keith! It is great to hear from you. Welcome to our little Virtual All Class Reunion! I hope you are still doing well in Potlatch! Are you still at TriState?
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Keith Warren

Post by Keith Warren »

Hey Laurie, Hey Simon....All is good here in Potlatch. I'm still at Tri-State. I'm the Asst Sporting Goods Buyer now a days. I have to travel more than I like but the job is good. The family is doing well also. Ryan is going to be a senior this year and Chey will be a freshman. Ronda is still at Colfax Hospital and doing well.

Laurie I've heard through the grapevine about your music.....congrats. How is S. Idaho life treating you these days?

Simon...I check out your website every now and then and Gracie is getting big.....how's Amy doing these days?
Live life to the fullest and always learn from the past.
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

Life in the South is pretty good--except for the overwhelming presence of "Bronco Nation." I just finished my 20th year teaching (yikes!), and I'm looking forward to number 21. The music has been such fun--a great challenge and pleasure in my life.

Laurie