Hank's video pick of the day

Come here to discuss everything from Yanni to Megadeth!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Nords got me going on Maynard. I actually saw him live in concert. Mr. D. took me. I remember Maynard taking a drink from a glass throughout the concert. I told Mr. D. "wow he sure drinks a lot of water."

Mr. D responded matter of factly with "I don't think that is water Simon."

Here is one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFtcBr9 ... re=related

And this one is a "Tribute to MF" featuring some flat out amazing trumpet players. The three that share Maynard's solos are unreal. Great tribute to a Trumpet Legend.

RIP Maynard Ferguson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCA-edcGsO4
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

I don't know why I am still awake on a school night, but this video comes with 2 instructions.

1. Don't play until after 10 p.m.
2. Close your eyes and listen to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OnbLJTNuc_I
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

ok u guys, when i get home, im gonna hook u all up with some vids, my turn, LOL
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

L.M.F.A.O.!!! Morg and Coach battling back in forth with metal and ferg!
I still love the story of ferg and the water simon. Classic! Watching the vids you can really tell.

Ken, love the small town by melloncamp. One of my all time favs. It's totally how I feel. I've lived in spokane, portland, seattle, and tacoma, but I still love small towns. I don't live in the valley anymore but I still managed to find a town just like it to settle down in.

Hey, have you noticed that the lady cats haven't been on here lately. Did we scare them off with all this metal and b-ball talk?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Casey, here are a couple for ya bud!! I know you will appreciate these, haha
Thanks Ken. Triple H is nowhere near my favorite wrestler, but I love wrestling and Motorhead rocks!!!
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Nordin wrote:L.M.F.A.O.!!! Morg and Coach battling back in forth with metal and ferg!
I still love the story of ferg and the water simon. Classic! Watching the vids you can really tell.

Ken, love the small town by melloncamp. One of my all time favs. It's totally how I feel. I've lived in spokane, portland, seattle, and tacoma, but I still love small towns. I don't live in the valley anymore but I still managed to find a town just like it to settle down in.

Hey, have you noticed that the lady cats haven't been on here lately. Did we scare them off with all this metal and b-ball talk?
Actually this thread is taking a life of its own, as opposed to "Hanks Video of the Day" but I know he is OK with that. I think it is cool how this is kind of a "School of Rock" music appreciation thread. I have been exposed to some music I would otherwise never consider listening to. Dorgs has shared some great examples, as well as the rest of you. I think it is good to experience it ALL. That is the beauty of music. Everyone has their favorites, but appreciating the ones you don't necessarily like for your taste is good too.

This thread didn't make me a Slipknot fan, but I definitely see why people would like to rock out to them.

As far as the Pro Wrestling references.... no comment. lol
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Simon Miller wrote:As far as the Pro Wrestling references.... no comment. lol
Speaking of Professional Wrestling, theme songs, and Rock music; One of Golf Coach's favorite wrestlers of all-time, The Junkyard Dog, used to come out to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". LOL
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:Casey, here are a couple for ya bud!! I know you will appreciate these, haha
Thanks Ken. Triple H is nowhere near my favorite wrestler, but I love wrestling and Motorhead rocks!!!
I agree with you Casey, but he does have some good music to come out too! When i hear The Game start off, it gets my heart pumping, it is just the right tune to do that.

As far as Queen, i was actually lookin around at some of their music to play, and Another one Bites the Dust is classic!!!

Sting is actually my all time favorite, and i loved it when he came out to Metallica's Seek and Destroy. good tune!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Mike Nordin wrote:L.M.F.A.O.!!! Morg and Coach battling back in forth with metal and ferg!

Actually this thread is taking a life of its own, as opposed to "Hanks Video of the Day" but I know he is OK with that. I think it is cool how this is kind of a "School of Rock" music appreciation thread. I have been exposed to some music I would otherwise never consider listening to. Dorgs has shared some great examples, as well as the rest of you. I think it is good to experience it ALL. That is the beauty of music. Everyone has their favorites, but appreciating the ones you don't necessarily like for your taste is good too.

This thread didn't make me a Slipknot fan, but I definitely see why people would like to rock out to them.

As far as the Pro Wrestling references.... no comment. lol
Simon, u are right, this thread has taken off better than any others to date, so this will be a fun one for some time to come!

There are some really good Pro Wrestling themes out there. Im sure Casey and I will be bringing those out, LOL
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:There are some really good Pro Wrestling themes out there. Im sure Casey and I will be bringing those out, LOL
Another good WWE entrance theme was when The Undertaker came out on his Harley to Kid Rock's "American Badass"

Good call on Sting coming out to Metallica's "Seek and Destroy". And yeah, like you I get pumped when I hear Motorhead's "It's Time to play the game"...
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:There are some really good Pro Wrestling themes out there. Im sure Casey and I will be bringing those out, LOL
Another good WWE entrance theme was when The Undertaker came out on his Harley to Kid Rock's "American Badass"

Good call on Sting coming out to Metallica's "Seek and Destroy". And yeah, like you I get pumped when I hear Motorhead's "It's Time to play the game"...
I think Seek and Destroy fit Sting well back in the day too
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

JJ, sweet job on the Mad Season. I commend you sir.

My pick for today cannot be played loud enough. I repeat, it cannot be played loud enough!

Britny Fox - Long Way to Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBv7qxFizo

I like seeing everyone else's picks. Couple o' gems in the bunch.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:JJ, sweet job on the Mad Season. I commend you sir.

My pick for today cannot be played loud enough. I repeat, it cannot be played loud enough!

Good call. These guys remind me of Poison (guitar riffs.) with Cinderella vocals. lol.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:JJ, sweet job on the Mad Season. I commend you sir.

I didn't think too many people knew about these guys, I got their cd somewheres around here....

here's a group that kinda sounds like them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkWbIjA ... re=related

And as far as wrestling goes I was always a Road Warriors fan....
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Mike the road warriors ruled. I loved them right along with the rock-n-roll express. I think I remember once when the express were out numbered and the warriors jumped in to help them out. It was awesome!

On the other hand, I didn't care for you pick too much. I've liked all you picks so far but this one leaned a little too close to ol'kip winger. Too soft and too staged. What happed to the motley crue vids. I really think you and the guys from the class of 89' football team influenced me in my music taste. You, Eric Mead, and Danny. You guys really hammered me my jr. year, but I had a great time that year.

Gentry, good picks! A little classic and a little new edge.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Hank Rauenhorst

Gentry, I am sorry but you could not have picked a worse Kiss song. OK, maybe Beth. But that is it. I would almost rather hear Garth Brooks sing ' Hard Luck Woman'. ( He kicked it's ass.)

You folks better listen to this and I want to hear what people think of this. My favorite band of the last couple of years. They have the good old sound.

Fireball Ministry - Sundown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1WZtZNfo58
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Hank Rauenhorst

I freakin enjoyed the Fireball Ministry so much I have to post another one.

If you don't like this, don't ever post on my thread again.

Fireball Ministry - The Broken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU2WcKgo ... re=related
------ JCS 7-7-7
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MYnJhOig5yY

Old school, but I like it. :lol:
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.