Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Ok, im gonna hide in my lil corner here and come out next year. That was absolutely embarrassing! How do u not come to play and not make the adjustments needed to be competitive in that game.

My prediction for next year is Lamar Odom is GONE!!! traded to the Kings for Ron Artest. Kobe will push to get Artest in a Lakers uniform. they need someone who can finish around the basket, and Odom is not him, thats for damned sure.
Don't hide in a corner. Wear your Laker colors with pride!

But.... Purge Kobe, keep Odom. You'll be much better in the long run.

Thanks to Roops, I have discovered the root of my disdain for the Lakers and it is not the Lakers but it is that whiny baby Kobe.

The highlight of the entire NBA season for me was when the Boston fans started chanting this in unison:

"YOU'RE NOT JORDAN!"
"YOU'RE NOT JORDAN!"
"YOU'RE NOT JORDAN!"

Michael Jordon would never allow a 24 point lead to just evaporate. Michael Jordan was a finisher. Michael Jordan made the players around him BETTER.

Kobe is still without a championship without Shaq on "his team."

Anyone can close a game in Jan/Feb. But Kobe had a little trouble closing the games in June. Jordan? Well, we all know the way that ended up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alijpYhHtyk&NR=1
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I hate to rub the wound Ken but... :wink:
Mike Nordin wrote:oh, the Lakers, whom I hate, won tonight. This is the beginning to my set up of the Lakers vs the "greenest from the eastest". Celts in 6
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I made that prediction May 21st.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Post by Simon Miller »

Simon Miller wrote:
Translated: The Lakers finally found 6 or 7 other guys who will put up with Kobe's selfish ego and crybaby "me first" attitude and still give some effort.

Celtics in 6
I do have to pat myself on the back here as well. Celtics in 6. Boo yah.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, i have to disagree with the keep Odom. If we could have had Odom finish on some easy bunnies, easy jumpshots and all that, it would have opened everything up for everyone else. When u have a defense that just collapses on Kobe(no matter how much u hate him) and lets everyone else shoot and they dont finish the job, u need to look at revamping the offose. Lamar is too soft and he was exploited in the finals. Of course Gasol needs to get tougher also, but i think he can. Lamar does not fit in the Triangle at all, he cant shoot and he cant finish, plain and simple. I dont even want to start counting all the easy layups that he missed. Also, missed free throws by the Lakers didnt help their case at all. But a 39 point loss in the clinching game is not acceptable. I really dont know how to take Kobe, there isnt anothe rplayer i would want on the Lakers, because he is the best talent in the league, but what he has done in the past is inexcusable. The Lakers are still one of the youngest teams in the league, and they should only grow from this experience in the finals.

I do agree that Jordan wouldnt let a team collapse like that, but u have to remember, Jordan had players in his championship years that had that killer instinct too. Pippen was no slouch himself, and Horace flat out hit the boards, along with Rodman doing the same thing in the second three-peat. There is noway anyone can compare this Lakers team to those Jordan led Bulls. I dont even think Jordan could have overcome the defense Kobe faced against the Celtics. Their team defense is probably the best i have seen in the NBA in a long time, and Jordan never had to face Zone type defense in the NBA like these guys do now. Dont get me wrong, Jordan had to play against more physical defenses(i.e Pistons) and they had their own set of rules when defending him, but Jordan also had guys who could knock down shots consistently. he DID NOT win those Championships alone. And the Celtics fans are right, Kobe is no Jordan, there will NEVER be another Jordan and i just hope the Media stops all these comparisons with these young players. Penny Hardaway was supposed to be NEXT Magic Johnson, now look at him. There have been waaaaay too many Next Jordans who coem into the league.

Anyway, Ron Artest for Lamar Odom, u heard it here first! Thats who i want on my team, the man can flat out ball and does everything a winning team needs.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
I do agree that Jordan wouldnt let a team collapse like that, but u have to remember, Jordan had players in his championship years that had that killer instinct too. Pippen was no slouch himself, and Horace flat out hit the boards, along with Rodman doing the same thing in the second three-peat. There is noway anyone can compare this Lakers team to those Jordan led Bulls. I dont even think Jordan could have overcome the defense Kobe faced against the Celtics. Their team defense is probably the best i have seen in the NBA in a long time, and Jordan never had to face Zone type defense in the NBA like these guys do now. Dont get me wrong, Jordan had to play against more physical defenses(i.e Pistons) and they had their own set of rules when defending him, but Jordan also had guys who could knock down shots consistently. he DID NOT win those Championships alone. And the Celtics fans are right, Kobe is no Jordan, there will NEVER be another Jordan and i just hope the Media stops all these comparisons with these young players. Penny Hardaway was supposed to be NEXT Magic Johnson, now look at him. There have been waaaaay too many Next Jordans who coem into the league.
What did Pippen accomplish after MJ retired?
What did Horace do after the Bulls' run?
What did Rodman do after the 3 Peat?

Come on dude... Jordan MADE these guys BETTER by the way he played and led on the field of battle. How about Paxon? Cartwright?

I will give you one point: Kobe is a heck of a talent. But talent is only one ingredient of a champion, and it isn't even close to the most important ingredient either.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Its not what they accomplished after they were with the Bulls, it was what they accomplished while with the Bulls. Jordan never would have won a Championship without any of those guys during those years. They all played their roles and did them well. And basically after every run in those 3 peats, those guys were old, and Jordan got a new bunch. Believe me, im not disagreeing with you that Jordan made them better, but you still have to have the killer instinct to do it. Plus they all were veterans. Some of those guys had more years in the league by themselves than most of the Lakers combined. The only guy to win a Championship after leaving the Bulls was Horace. But you are also comparing apples to oranges when u compare a Veteran LAden Bulls team to an inexperienced Lakers team. You have to remember, the Bulls were in the Conference Finals the year before they won their 1st championship. The Lakers bowed out of the 1st round the last two years. Heck, they werent even expected to get this far when the season started. All im saying is that the Lakers need a couple changes and find some players that can get tougher. oh and by the way, Lamar Odom is NO Scottie Pippen no matter how much the Media wants him to be. Pippen could finish in the lane, he could knock down a jumper a little more frequently than Lamar does. The Lakers dont have a Horace Grant or a Dennis Rodman to do the dirty work. They have a long way to go, thats why i say we need a Ron Artest to help out. he has a tougher mentality than Lamar does by far.

Believe me also, im not defending Kobe, one man cant win it, but after watching the series, and a couple of my buddies here agree with me, there needs to be some change and it starts with Lamar. Another thing, look at all the open shots Luke Walton got, and i think he hit one or two the whole series. The Lakers had no confidence in their game at all throughout the series, that was seen all series long. You need guys like Paxson/Kerr who can hit that open jumper when someone penetrates. too many inconsistencies for them to even think about winning the Finals this year.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford