Baseball Fever

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Edwin Jackson shuts down the Mariners today... Roops, is this guy finally living up to his potential? Do you wish you still had him in Dodger Blue? He has been very impressive in his first two starts this year.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Casey Fisher wrote:I don't know what McLarren is doing either... First of all he should have pitched Felix in the 9th inning on Sunday. He was only at 97 pitches and J.J. is on the DL. Knowing how terrible our bullpen is, he had no other choice and he made the wrong one...
Looks like ol' Johnny McLarren learned from his mistakes. He kept Felix out there for the 9th inning last night and he got the complete game and the M's held on. The bullpen probably would have blew it...

Also, it is good to see that J.J. is throwing off a mound again and is close to returning and I am very happy that Branden Morrow has been called up. He will help this staff out a lot...
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

There's talk in Seattle that Clements might do DH duty since Vidro is ailing. He's hitting over 400 with multi homers so far. We need him. Also milder talk about Balintine being brought up, I hope so. I hope Dicky does well tomorrow.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Seriously Mariners - what a disappointment.

I am not sure if this team has it.......5-0 into the sixth and loose 8-7.

The night before 2-0 late and loose 3-2. Either the Orioles are that much better then us or we are a .500 team this year.

How about George Sherril slapping us in the face shuttin us down in the late innings game after game - just like he did when we had him.

Love the 10:15pm starts here - go to bed with the lead and wake up with a loss..........Come on Mariners - pick it up a little.

Question:

Who is the leader on the Mariners team?
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

You beat me to the punch on this one Trav... The Orioles just own the Mariners. I really hope it is just a match-up problem and not a pre-cursor for the whole season. To add injury to insult, George Sherril gets 5 saves against the M's in the 7 games that they have played against them. To pour more salt in the wounds, Adam Jones gets a bases loaded double to give them the lead. In addition, Erik Bedard misses both of his starts against his former team...

I think the M's will get a little bit better as the year goes along and Bedard gets healthy, but I see their bullpen being a real weakness this year. Unless they have a lead in the 9th and JJ can shut them down, it will be a little scary. Also, the offense is just not hitting the ball like they should as of now.

Their next 3 series will tell a lot about how this season will go: vs. Oakland, at Cleveland, at New York Yankees.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

In a couple of days its one month in...it's time for a shake up.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

I can also pick my nose with both right and left hands Roops. :D
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I bow to your greatness Mr. Hank! I once tried to use my left hand to dig for salty gold but I threw out my shoulder.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I don't know if any of you are following the College World Series, but Fresno State could be one of the biggest underdogs in the history of college sports!!! They were nowhere near an at-large selection and had to win the WAC tournament just to get into the 64 team field. Now, they are in the Best of 3 National Championship Series against Georgia. On Sportscenter last night they compared Fresno State's seeding in this postseason baseball to a 13 to 16 seed in the NCAA Men's Hoops Tournament.

George Mason was an incredible underdog, but they were a 10 seed and they only made the Final 4. This Fresno State bunch would be a 13 to 16 seed in the National Championship game. This is comparable to the San Diego Terreros (a 13 seed) in this year's big dance going all the way to the chipper after they beat UConn in the 1st round... Absolutely incredible!!! I hope they pull off the miracle.
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:I can also pick my nose with both right and left hands Roops. :D
I've seen it - very versatile.
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:I don't know if any of you are following the College World Series, but Fresno State could be one of the biggest underdogs in the history of college sports!!! They were nowhere near an at-large selection and had to win the WAC tournament just to get into the 64 team field. Now, they are in the Best of 3 National Championship Series against Georgia. On Sportscenter last night they compared Fresno State's seeding in this postseason baseball to a 13 to 16 seed in the NCAA Men's Hoops Tournament.

George Mason was an incredible underdog, but they were a 10 seed and they only made the Final 4. This Fresno State bunch would be a 13 to 16 seed in the National Championship game. This is comparable to the San Diego Terreros (a 13 seed) in this year's big dance going all the way to the chipper after they beat UConn in the 1st round... Absolutely incredible!!! I hope they pull off the miracle.
Casey, i have been watching glimpses of the CWS. Pretty amazing story with this group of baseball players. what do they have, 29-30 losses?? They have beat some pretty good baseball teams already too. Georgia better watch out. And the Fresno fans are out in full force in Omaha too.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Casey, i have been watching glimpses of the CWS. Pretty amazing story with this group of baseball players. what do they have, 29-30 losses?? They have beat some pretty good baseball teams already too. Georgia better watch out. And the Fresno fans are out in full force in Omaha too.
Yeah Ken. They have 29 losses. They were sitting with an 8-12 record through their first 20 games and finished the regular season at 34-26. They had to win 4 games in 4 days in the WAC tourney to even make the NCAA tourney. They barely beat Sacramento St. 3-2 in the first game of the WAC tourney. If they lost that, they were out and now they are playing for the NCAA Championship. Unbelievable!!!
Last edited by Casey Fisher on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Travis Fulton wrote:
Hank Rauenhorst wrote:I can also pick my nose with both right and left hands Roops. :D
I've seen it - very versatile.
This is saying a lot too. Because Travee is the ultimate judge of true talent and I've heard him tell me that even the NBA Legend Shaquille O'Neal "couldn't hit his ass with both hands"...
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:I don't know if any of you are following the College World Series, but Fresno State could be one of the biggest underdogs in the history of college sports!!! They were nowhere near an at-large selection and had to win the WAC tournament just to get into the 64 team field. Now, they are in the Best of 3 National Championship Series against Georgia. On Sportscenter last night they compared Fresno State's seeding in this postseason baseball to a 13 to 16 seed in the NCAA Men's Hoops Tournament.

The did it Rock. I confess I didn't watch a single pitch of the CWS, but I saw the highlights on SC this morning. What an awesome run! That is just unheard of!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Simon Miller wrote:

The did it Rock. I confess I didn't watch a single pitch of the CWS, but I saw the highlights on SC this morning. What an awesome run! That is just unheard of!
They sure did!!! Amazing!!! I think their run to the World Series Title is the 2nd greatest upset in the historty of organized sports behind the 1980 U.S. Olympic Team's run to the Gold Medal.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Jason Spoor wrote:Don't be surprised to see Richmond Lockwood Sexson wearing Yankee Pinstripes at the end of this season - the M's won't ask for the bank in return and the Yanks are the team that loves those overpriced rentals.
I figured it would be via the trade though.