Any news on Teresa Cook?

Don't know what you got, til it's gone....
Gentry Woolman

Any news on Teresa Cook?

Post by Gentry Woolman »

I had heard that she had a stroke about 2 weeks ago and was still in intesive care suffering paralysis. Does anybody have any other news on her condition or know how she's doing?
Class of '89
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

I got this message from Corey Berti and wanted to pass it along:

Hey, yeah, Teresa has been in Sacred Heart for a couple of weeks . She is doing a lot better as of yesterday - it's possible she will get out at the end of this week or early next week if there are no more set backs - she will have to go thru some physical therapy for sure and I don't know what else. She had a few set backs while in the hospital., but not paralysis - she is doing alright as far as that goes. Her stroke was in the back of the brain, not on the side - though she did lose some coordination. One of the problems she has right now is that she chokes when she eats solid food - so she is on a liquid diet - they say it has something to do with the stroke, but she will be able to get past it eventually. So anyway, she is doing much better and will continue to get better.
Class of '89
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Thanks for the update Gentry. Pass the word on that we are hoping for a quick recovery. so sad to hear about this with someone so young
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I don't know if any of you have been watching the news lately but we just got slammed here on the coast. I live in Pacific County and its like a war zone over here. I literally just got power and water, which we haven't had since sunday (yes, I will promptly take a shower after this message). I know it's not New Orleans but I don't want to go through anything like this again in my life time. The winds were clocked in my neighborhood by someone who had a portable weather station at 115mph.
p.s., who ever I'm playing in F.basketball is lucky for the freebee.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:I don't know if any of you have been watching the news lately but we just got slammed here on the coast. I live in Pacific County and its like a war zone over here. I literally just got power and water, which we haven't had since sunday (yes, I will promptly take a shower after this message). I know it's not New Orleans but I don't want to go through anything like this again in my life time. The winds were clocked in my neighborhood by someone who had a portable weather station at 115mph.
p.s., who ever I'm playing in F.basketball is lucky for the freebee.
Mike i ehard about that weather. My dad and brother live in Vancouver, they got off pretty easy, no damage or flooding. But it did sound like a war zone over there. I hope everything gets back to normal, at least people arent rioting and looting out there!!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

It's a dirt poor community, what's there to loot? :lol:
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

So is Louisana!!! But they found a way!! LOL
Dawn VanVleet

Post by Dawn VanVleet »

Gentry Woolman wrote:I got this message from Corey Berti and wanted to pass it along:

Hey, yeah, Teresa has been in Sacred Heart for a couple of weeks . She is doing a lot better as of yesterday - it's possible she will get out at the end of this week or early next week if there are no more set backs - she will have to go thru some physical therapy for sure and I don't know what else. She had a few set backs while in the hospital., but not paralysis - she is doing alright as far as that goes. Her stroke was in the back of the brain, not on the side - though she did lose some coordination. One of the problems she has right now is that she chokes when she eats solid food - so she is on a liquid diet - they say it has something to do with the stroke, but she will be able to get past it eventually. So anyway, she is doing much better and will continue to get better.
Hi Gentry..just read this post. I seen Teresa yesterday at the KMS choir concert. She looked good. I emailed her about a month ago. She said she is relearning some things, her memory is starting to come back but she feels very blessed to be alive without a whole lot of damage. She has a myspace if you are interested in contacting her. Let me know...
B.O.S.S.I.
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Hey Thanks Dawn,

I'm glad to hear that Teresa's doing so well. I hadn't heard anything more about her since I talked to Corey. I'll look her up on myspace - Thanks for the info.

~Gentry
Class of '89
Teresa Cook

Post by Teresa Cook »

Hi, it's Teresa! I was actually in the hospital for a month.. intensive care for about 10 days. I had an arterial disection, my brain swelled until it almost exploded,(I was almost dead), a stroke, and the shunt in my brain caused a cerebellar hemorrage... when they surgically inserted the feeding tube after 5 days I was overdosed and almost died, and I had a horrendous lung infection... So I am grateful to be alive! I had to relearn how to walk again. I just got back on July 13, 08 from 3 weeks of intense rehab at the brain injury trauma unit in Boise. My attention, processing, and reaction are very, very low (only 1 %) but the I am holding out for the rest of the Miracle!! I stumble still and look drunk when walking if you watch for very long.. I had therapy and I am still working on the dizziness issues. My sister has been appointed my state guardian until I regain my abilities. I cannot drive. I cannot go anywhere or do much alone.. I forget things. ---The brain is an amazing thing and each is so individual no-one can really guess what is going to heal and what abilities I will have and lack.... Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers... I will keep on keeping on! My language was not touched so it thoroughly confuses people that I talk (articulate) so well and have all these brain problems... (that is called grace...can you imagine if I would've lost my speech!!)... Blessings!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

glad to hear everything is going pretty good for u Teresa. i hope the progression continues. keep us posted
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey, I just got a message from terri brady about our 20 year reunion from classmates...I think its cool but isn't this a little early? Also, maybe someone should tell her about this site.
Teresa Cook

Post by Teresa Cook »

I think the sooner and the more notice people have (to save money, take time off work, plan the trip) the better off you are. Our 10 year was stressful--(the plannig), stuff keeps falling through. It makes a huge difference, depending on the # of people you have. That's probably why so early. Time flies! Just yesterday we were kids and now we are middle age! I will tell Terri Lyn about this site...she lives up the road from me.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

i dont think it is ever too early tom start planning class reunions, especially the way the economy is these days. gives people time to start setting aside some vacation time. I have to do the same thing with my class in Montana. I saw Tracy in February while i was home, she hadnt changed one bit, i hadnt seen her in years, and it was like we we were still in Junior High, LOL. talked with both her and DOug.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey ken and company, I'm still working on the Oct 17th weekend visit, but it's rough going. I need some insentive. Are you going to be up there?