Idaho Legends of the game

David Roberts

Idaho Legends of the game

Post by David Roberts »

Hey Wildcat fans - don't you think it is time to nominate Wildcat Basketball for the IHSAA Legends of the game award?
If you are not familiar with this award, each year at the state boys basketball tournament, at half time of the 5A championship game, they honor a former championship team. It has to be from at least 30 years ago and I think it is past time to honor the great team(s) from KHS history. A CDA team and Mullan team have already been honored, I think 4 state championships in ten years is well worth this recognition.

Here is the trick, I think we need to nominate one team and nomination forms are due Sept. 1st. I would be happy to get this moving, but I need help getting info. You can check out the nomination form on http://www.idhsaa.org/, look under recognition programs. Part of the info includes the previous winners - clearly the wildcats belong on the list!

Selection History Boys Basketball
2001 1950 Nampa Bulldogs
Legends 2002 1958 & 1959 Grace Red Devils
2003 1965 Mullan Tigers
2004 1957 Pocatello Indians
2005 1953 Idaho Falls Tigers
2006 1958 Wendell Trojans
2007 1949 Coeur d’Alene Vikings

I have talked to a few people and the first thought seems to be that the 1959 team with Jeff Wombolt and Rich Porter was the best. Maybe some of you in the north could talk to people you know and see what they think. Anyway, let me know if this sounds like a good idea to you and if you have any suggestions or info.

Go Cats!
Lauren A. Scrafford

Re: Idaho Legends of the game

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

David Roberts wrote:Hey Wildcat fans - don't you think it is time to nominate Wildcat Basketball for the IHSAA Legends of the game award?
If you are not familiar with this award, each year at the state boys basketball tournament, at half time of the 5A championship game, they honor a former championship team. It has to be from at least 30 years ago and I think it is past time to honor the great team(s) from KHS history. A CDA team and Mullan team have already been honored, I think 4 state championships in ten years is well worth this recognition.

Here is the trick, I think we need to nominate one team and nomination forms are due Sept. 1st. I would be happy to get this moving, but I need help getting info. You can check out the nomination form on http://www.idhsaa.org/, look under recognition programs. Part of the info includes the previous winners - clearly the wildcats belong on the list!

Selection History Boys Basketball
2001 1950 Nampa Bulldogs
Legends 2002 1958 & 1959 Grace Red Devils
2003 1965 Mullan Tigers
2004 1957 Pocatello Indians
2005 1953 Idaho Falls Tigers
2006 1958 Wendell Trojans
2007 1949 Coeur d’Alene Vikings

I have talked to a few people and the first thought seems to be that the 1959 team with Jeff Wombolt and Rich Porter was the best. Maybe some of you in the north could talk to people you know and see what they think. Anyway, let me know if this sounds like a good idea to you and if you have any suggestions or info.

Go Cats!
David:

This is unbelievable that neither the 1959 nor the 1955 Kellogg team have been chosen or even mentioned. My father L.W. (Andy) Scrafford was the sport writer for the Kellogg Evening New from 1940 until the late 1970's when diabetes slowed him down. I also saw these teams. I attended almost every 1959 KHS game and many of the 1955 KHS games at the old HS. My father always said the 1955 team was the best. I always thought the 1959 team was the best but my father was older, wiser and a knew his sports. If he said the 55 team was the best I would agree. I have most of the old Evening News stories of my fathers in a scrap book. I am going on vacation in a day or so and will be back around the 22nd of August if you need further verification or thoughts.

I covered the Mullan team in the regional tournament in 1965 and they were a good team, but not in the caliber of the 59 or 55 KHS team even regarding the classification.

best,
L.A.Scrafford
Lauren A. Scrafford

[quote="Lauren A. Scrafford"][quote="David Roberts"]Hey Wildcat fans - don't you think it is time to nominate Wildcat Basketball for the IHSAA Legends of the game award?

After I emailed last night, I got more upset about this. I think a special award for Kellogg; as the team of the 1950's needs to be awarded. I am going on vacation tonight and have to leave for the day in half an hour. I don't have time to look this up but as I remember 1953 District Champs, 1954 3rd in State Tourney, 1955 State Champs, 1956 State Champs, 1957 2nd in State to Pocatello who never made it to the state Championships in 55 or 56 and was defeated by Kellogg in 1959, 1958 2nd in District defeated by Orofino in Regionals. This was a very good team that lost to CDA in the District. 1959 State Champs. These teams were led by some great players such as Rollie Williams, the Damiano brothers, the 3 Wombolts brothers, Rich Porter and many many other great team players. They were team players because Ed Heimstra coached the team concept. Kellogg routinely beat the larger Spokane schools, CDA, Lewiston, Moscow and the teams from Southern Idaho. Andrews Gym and the old HS gym were packed every Friday and Saturday night that Kellogg played at home and when we went to CDA we often outnumbered their fans. I hate to admit to being somewhat of an oldtimer but I remember those games like they were yesterday and Kellogg either 1955, 56 or 59 or all of them deserve to be awarded some recognition.. Too bad the Kellogg Evening News isn't around anymore to promote this.

best,
Lauren Scrafford
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

Just an opion from an old senior citizen, I'd say the '59 team was the greatest. During the turnament final against Pocetello, the opposition had a superstition about breaking their bass drum. If it broke they will win. The cats proved that wrong. Pocetello broke thier bass drum, that is after a few State footballers got it back from a few Kellog fans and then stood guard over it. Needless to say Kellogg won, a 29-1 season. The lose will not be talked about because the cause is deceased, right Mr. English of Wallace?
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

opinion, my bad
Lauren A. Scrafford

I just got back from vacation yesterday and looked through some old clippings of the 1958-59 Kellogg Wildcats State Champions team. There are a couple of games that I could not find but the final regular season totals were 19 wins and 1 loss. The loss to Wallace was 64-59 on January 16th, 1959 ( a day after my birthday).. I still can't believe Wallace won that game, but they did. My father wrote in the Kellogg Evening News, "The officials were strictly from hunger....." " They argued between themselves on decisions, changed decisions, called balls out of bounds jump balls. Fans from both towns were on their backs" Bottom line paraphrasing my father "the Miners simply outplayed them". Actually the officials were Ammon and Drechsel. English was not my favorite but he didn't officiate this game. The next night they killed Coeur d' Alene 77-43.

Kellogg beat West Valley, North Central and John Rogers from Spokane each twice. John Rogers went to the finals of the Washington State Tournament. Kellogg also defeated Missoula in the second game of the season 60-55. Missoula won the state of Montana State Tournament. Kellogg was 7-1 in conference during the regular season losing their only game to Wallace. Kellogg defeated CDA 4 times including twice during the regular season and 73-56 in the North Idaho Tournament on March 7, 1959. Two weeks later Kellogg defeated CDA for the 4th time during the 58-59 season 51-34 on March 21st.
Kellogg defeated Lewiston 3 times including tournament play. The season was capped off with the defeat of Pocatello 61-46 for the state of Idaho Championship. I believe the overall record including the state tournament for the Kellogg Wildcats was 24-1.

My first by line in the Kellogg Evening News was published in January of 1959 as I covered a Wallace/CDA contest in Wallace. I wrote that the Wallace fans were poor sports for throwing things on the court in the 4th quarter of the contest.
Though I always wrote as Lauren Scrafford and my father as "Andy" Scrafford, the Kellogg Evening News fielded many angry calls from Wallace readers taking exception to my fathers view of the game despite my having written the story.

I am in the process of trying to find the 1955 stories.

best,
Lauren Scrafford
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

Nobody said anything about English officiating at the Wallace game. Wallace did not out play the Cats. The refs were calling fouls on Porter when he was on the opposite side of the court, same with Jeff. I was there, it damn near ended in a riot. The Kellogg adult fans were the ones throwing stuff on the floor. The police were called in to restore order. I was also at the championship game at North Idaho Junior College in CDA.
Lauren A. Scrafford

Rich Gaffney wrote:Nobody said anything about English officiating at the Wallace game. Wallace did not out play the Cats. The refs were calling fouls on Porter when he was on the opposite side of the court, same with Jeff. I was there, it damn near ended in a riot. The Kellogg adult fans were the ones throwing stuff on the floor. The police were called in to restore order. I was also at the championship game at North Idaho Junior College in CDA.
I never said anything about Kellogg or Wallace fans throwing stuff on the floor, during the Kellogg/Wallace game on January 16, 1959 at the Wallace Gym. I was referring to the CDA/Wallace game. I was at all of the games. I was at every home game except for the exhibition game in which Kellogg defeated the Whitworth Freshman team and was a non sanctioned game. I was at every tournament game also and many of the road games. Please reread my post; this is what my father wrote in the Kellogg Evening News in 1959. I personally thought the 59 was best, but my fathers OPINION was that the 55 team was better. We lived right across the street from Ed Heimstra. I was just trying to present the facts as I remember them. Reread what I posted earlier that I thought Kellogg needs to be awarded a special award as the team of the 1950's for 3 State Championships in 5 years plus a second in 1957 and third in 1954. I went to almost every home game from the mid 50's to the late 60's in both Andrews Gym and the old HS. My family came to Shoshone County in 1882.

Also my Mother was originally from south of Pocatello and moved to Kellogg in 1939 and graduated from KHS in 1943. On the way to the state tournament game at NIJC my father told her that he hoped she was rooting for Kellogg. My mother was very independent but I doubt she would have said Pocatello.

Lauren Scrafford
Lauren A. Scrafford

Here is a Billy Hope shot that was originally used in the Kellogg Evening News in March of 1959, from my personal collection.

Kellogg versus CDA Regional Tournament at NIJC in Coeur d' Alene. My favorite official in the foreground.
Lauren A. Scrafford

A second Billy Hope shot that was originally used in the Kellogg Evening News in March of 1959, from my personal collection.

Kellogg versus CDA Regional Tournament at NIJC in Coeur d' Alene. Kellogg on offense with Gary James #45 shooting, Rich Porter #43 to his right, Jeff Wombolt #53 and Louie Jennings in background.
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

Recognize everyone of them. Played basketball with them at the Y. Didn't get along with the coach so played my ball in the Y league. For two years running it was a battle between the team I was on and the Wardner team to see who will win the league. I was on the Kibo's (Nez Perz[?] for outhouse). In the '59-'60 season, one of my team members was the younger James (Bill), and Hiemstra stole him and put him on the varsity. That's the year wardner won the Y league. We got up an all star team and went to CDA for a tournament. The Wardner coach coached the all stars. We beat the Spokane all stars, then took a five minute break to take on the CDA all stars, who were fresh, we lost to them. I scored 16 points in the second half. Got us close but not enough time. Was fun.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Silver Valley B-Ball from Mike's Dad's perspective.

Post by Mike Nordin »

I would argue that 50's basketball was the #1 sport in the Silver Valley for many reasons including the Kellogg Y. There were many nights that I saw the shining neon K on the old high school indicating another win. I also saw a few games in the old gym and remember the William's and the Damiano's and I think Jeff Wombolt had an older brother that played in that time period too.

When comparing the teams it is difficult to judge the talent without them playing each other in a neutral environment. (Wouldn't it be great if somebody could put a computer simulation together) I think there are two factors that are nearly indisputable.

1. I remember that dinky, hot, sweaty gym in the old school that would allow you to fly outside to Division St. if you didn't put the brakes on hard after a running lay-up. Probably not so intimidating to the Wallace players (I mean just the gym, not the crowd noise) but what about those poor players from the larger schools. Of course the Kellogg kids grew up in the YMCA and learned the art of the wall crash. But I exaggerate.
The new gym was like the colisium in comparison, which I think leveled the playing field a bit.

2. The team records also tell a part of the story. Who they played and where they played. We are fortunate to have a Scrafford on our team. Apparently the ball is in his court.

The "58-59" team gets my vote because that's my graduating class and I'm predudice.

Isn't that 50 years next summer and wouldn't it be great to recieve that award at a class reunion?

Rich,
It puts a charge in me to think the Wardner Warriors did so well after I left. Do you remember who the coach of that team was?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

As for the coach of the Wardner team, I cannot recall. Every time there is an all comers reunion, it makes me sad. If my mom were alive she too would attend as she graduated sometime in the 30's (31 I think), along with her five siblings. Four sisters and one brother. My grandfather and his wife and six kids came to Kellogg from Keystone, Montana (Now a ghost town) in a box car. He started an oil distribution company at a gas station up past the Bunker. This oil was for home heating. A few years after the children a graduated, him and grandma sold the business, retired and moved to CDA. My uncle moved into the house and lived there for many years, sold it and moved to Osborn to start a retread business while working at the Zinc plant. I've got a lot of history in the town of Kellogg. There are some past grads from Kellogg, who now have children of their own, who have been baby sat by my mom.
My mom passed in May of '77. I was a big, Irish/Italian wake. Lots of booze and food. Thanks to Della, my moms best friend. Myy mom and dad and little brother are buried in Kellogg up on the hill.
Lauren A. Scrafford

[

After I emailed last night, I got more upset about this. I think a special award for Kellogg; as the team of the 1950's needs to be awarded. I am going on vacation tonight and have to leave for the day in half an hour. I don't have time to look this up but as I remember 1953 District Champs, 1954 3rd in State Tourney, 1955 State Champs, 1956 State Champs, 1957 2nd in State to Pocatello who never made it to the state Championships in 55 or 56 and was defeated by Kellogg in 1959, 1958 2nd in District defeated by Orofino in Regionals. This was a very good team that lost to CDA in the District. 1959 State Champs. These teams were led by some great players such as Rollie Williams, the Damiano brothers, the 3 Wombolts brothers, Rich Porter and many many other great team players. They were team players because Ed Heimstra coached the team concept. Kellogg routinely beat the larger Spokane schools, CDA, Lewiston, Moscow and the teams from Southern Idaho. Andrews Gym and the old HS gym were packed every Friday and Saturday night that Kellogg played at home and when we went to CDA we often outnumbered their fans. I hate to admit to being somewhat of an oldtimer but I remember those games like they were yesterday and Kellogg either 1955, 56 or 59 or all of them deserve to be awarded some recognition.. Too bad the Kellogg Evening News isn't around anymore to promote this.

best,
Lauren Scrafford[/quote]

I went back and found most of the old articles from the 54-59 from the Kellogg Evening News that my father wrote plus a couple I wrote. From the year 1953 through 1959 Kellogg was the favorite to win the Panhandle Conference each season and they did 7 out of 7 years and 3 State Championships along with a second and third. Only 1 year 1958 did they not go to state in that time frame.

I also found an article that my brother sent me 2 years ago from the Coeur d' Alene paper. The 1955 KHS State Championship Boys Basketball team will be honored at the North Idaho Sports Banquet on Saturday at the Best Western in CDA. This is from April of 2006.

Concerning the 1954-55 team they lost 2 games during the season. They lost to Pullman during Inland Empire Conference play and to Wallace in Wallace 40-32 in a clear upset not unlike the 1959 game. The team beat Wallace the second time 54-41. They blew away St.Maries 104-56 plus 79-48. Central Valley 71-38. Bonners 81-30. Moscow 54-34. About half of their victories were by 20 points. They beat CDA twice including a squeaker in Coeur d' Alene 44-42. In the Panhandle Tournament they easily beat Wallace 44-30 and defeated Sandpoint 53-41. In the regionals they crushed Moscow 53-25 and defeated Sandpoint for the 4th time 77-66. In a close game they defeated Idaho Falls for the state championship 43-40. I have a photo somewhere of this team and will post it when I find it.

Concerning the 1955-56 which also won the state tournament. This team lost only 1 game and that to Lewiston 58-46. The game was close until the Wildcats needed to get the ball back and committed numerous fouls in the 4th quarter trying to gain control of the game. Kellogg was outscore 20-8 in the final period after a 38 all end of the 3rd Quarter.

Kellogg rolled over much of its opposition during the 55-56 season not unlike the 54-55 team. During Panhandle Conference play they almost doubled their oppositions scoring. Near the end of the season Kellogg drilled Wallace 104-46.
I still think this was payback for the loss the previous season. They also killed Pullman 53-21 as a return favor to the previous season. Early in the season I witnessed the strangest game as Kellogg beat Sandpoint 10-8 in a slowdown affair perpetuated by the Bulldogs as a way to defeat the favored Wildcats. The second game was an easy win for Kellogg 79-44.
Kellogg easily defeated CDA twice by 12 and 19 points. St.Maries 80-39 and 78-43. Rogers easily twice. Bonners 67-32 and 75-43. Once again they defeated many opponets by 20 or 30 points. In the Panhandle Tourney they defeated CDA 52-44 and Sandpoint 83-50 for the Championship. Once again they defeated CDA in district and defeated Snake River 55-49 in the opening game of the state tournament. They defeated a scrappy Preston team 60-53 for the state championship. I couldn't find the second game score of this tournament. This team also deserves consideration as they only lost of Lewiston. At one point Kellogg won 26 straight games between the 2 season and that ended with the loss to Lewiston.

I need to run but I really think any of these 3 teams 55, 56 or 59 deserves the award. The 64 team go hot at the right time and was good but not in the same class with these 3 teams. I truly think that Kellogg should get an award as the team of the 1950's for Basketball in the State of Idaho. The 57 team was a great team losing to Pocatello for second in the state and the 58 team was a very good team that went flat during the District and Regionals after blowing away everyone during the season.

best,
Lauren A. Scrafford
Rich Gaffney

Post by Rich Gaffney »

Mike.
I believe the three Wombolt brothers were..Oldest first...Jerry, Jack and Jeff.
Lauren A. Scrafford

Rich Gaffney wrote:Mike.
I believe the three Wombolt brothers were..Oldest first...Jerry, Jack and Jeff.
Rich:

That is correct..

Lauren
Lauren A. Scrafford

Re: Silver Valley B-Ball from Mike's Dad's perspective.

Mike Nordin wrote:I would argue that 50's basketball was the #1 sport in the Silver Valley for many reasons including the Kellogg Y.

1. I remember that dinky, hot, sweaty gym in the old school that would allow you to fly outside to Division St. if you didn't put the brakes on hard after a running lay-up. Probably not so intimidating to the Wallace players (I mean just the gym, not the crowd noise) but what about those poor players from the larger schools. Of course the Kellogg kids grew up in the YMCA and learned the art of the wall crash. But I exaggerate.
The new gym was like the colisium in comparison, which I think leveled the playing field a bit.

2. The team records also tell a part of the story. Who they played and where they played. We are fortunate to have a Scrafford on our team. Apparently the ball is in his court.

The "58-59" team gets my vote because that's my graduating class and I'm predudice.

Isn't that 50 years next summer and wouldn't it be great to recieve that award at a class reunion?

Rich,
It puts a charge in me to think the Wardner Warriors did so well after I left. Do you remember who the coach of that team was?
Mikes father:

I agree about basketball being the #1 sport in Kellogg during the 50's and probably most of the 60's also. The coach's in particular Ed Heimstra and Don Haynes fostered a program in the junior high schools and grade schools that led to Kellogg having some pretty good teams over a period of about 15 years. This all seemed to die on the vine after they left or maybe my memory is vague since I have been gone from the valley for nearly 40 years myself.

There were pickup games every weekend at the YMCA(pronounced YAMCA) Hotel and every school gym in the valley. I played a lot of games at Silver King and the Y. A lot of people either don't know or forget that before the gym was built at the old HS that the Y gym was used for the HS games. I know that is going way back, but I had a long deceased friend from Lewiston that related a story of how when he was in high school they made a weekend trip to Kellogg and Wallace for 3 games. They played Friday night in Kellogg at the Y and lost and then went to Wallace for a Saturday morning game and lost and came back for a Saturday night game again in Kellogg and lost. His description of the Y gym was right on the money, "what a cracker box"....And the fans really gave it to us also....We went back to Lewiston with our tails between our legs.

Football and baseball were always popular in Kellogg but High School Basketball reigned supreme, especially in the 50's and 60's. The fans were unbelievable especially when Andrew Gym opened. In 1959 I remember many games that were standing room only affairs. People used to watch the games through the glass windows at the end of the gym. A portable chalk board was put up and Roger Jennings(Louie's younger brother) and I were enlisted to put up the scores so the people at the end of the gym standing could keep up with the score.

There were some real fans including my grandmothers friend Mrs. Art Sheldon. Her husband Art had played football with Jim Thorpe at Carlisle. She came to every game for years. There was a fellow and I forget his name who used to come to every game and boy did he get on the other team and the officials (especially Bill English) he had a real foghorn type voice. I was pretty vocal myself.

I played in the Y leagues as did my younger brother later on. They were great leagues and provided an outlet for the adults and youth of the community. Unfortunately this is something that is lacking today in many communities. I remember a number of players graduating from the Y leagues to the high school team as players were injured or left the team. A half court shot in that gym was not unheard of and if play got rough under the boards you could always come away with a brick burn. I don't think you are exaggerating about the wall crash.... There was also the wall dunk if any one remembers that one. Unfortunately you had to go out of bounds to do it, so we only performed it during warm ups and practice...

Joe and Henry's and later Dick and Floyd's, always seemed to be the favorite watering hole for many fans after the games and the games were rehashed there long into the night. It was also a place where many of us youngsters would stop and have a milkshake or coke and thumb through the magazines if there wasn't a dance at the school or Legion. When I bought a magazine there I always went to the back of the pile, since the front ones had been well worn..

Those were great times and for sure basketball was the number 1 sport in the valley in the 50's.

Lauren Scrafford
Last edited by Lauren A. Scrafford on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Roberts

Post by David Roberts »

Thanks to those who have posted on this section. Lauren, a special thanks to you for the insights and Kellogg evening news info. On a side note, I was privileged to meet your father after my family moved back to the valley in the mid 70's. Your brother Doug took me out to the house once and I remember looking at the archives of newspapers and the great sports history. It was great to see all the articles your father had written.

I need to send in the nomination in the next couple of days. I have tried to contact some former players with limited success. Right now I lean toward the 1959 team. If the wildcats are selected, some of the articles and pictures would be very helpful. Can we clarify the exact records for each team? I am hopeful that we can make this happen.

I will definitely need help with contact info. If selected, the team will be honored at half time of the 5A state championship and all members and coaches will receive medals or plaques.

Thanks again, please get me any other info you might have.
Lauren A. Scrafford

David Roberts wrote:Thanks to those who have posted on this section. Lauren, a special thanks to you for the insights and Kellogg evening news info. On a side note, I was privileged to meet your father after my family moved back to the valley in the mid 70's. Your brother Doug took me out to the house once and I remember looking at the archives of newspapers and the great sports history. It was great to see all the articles your father had written.

I need to send in the nomination in the next couple of days. I have tried to contact some former players with limited success. Right now I lean toward the 1959 team. If the wildcats are selected, some of the articles and pictures would be very helpful. Can we clarify the exact records for each team? I am hopeful that we can make this happen.

I will definitely need help with contact info. If selected, the team will be honored at half time of the 5A state championship and all members and coaches will receive medals or plaques.

Thanks again, please get me any other info you might have.
Dave:

Thank you. I am glad you met my Dad he was a great guy. He lived his entire life in Kellogg and loved Kellogg, the community and sports. As a young man he was a very good baseball player. Unfortunately he is long deceased or I would turn this over to him. I guess I have become the family historian. I ended up with most of the articles that my father wrote but some are missing. By the way Doug lives in Hayden with his wife Valerie.

My youngest sister put together a number of scrap books of the stories about 30 years ago and then added on some more later. After my father passed on my Mom asked me to please take care of the books, since she knew my passion for sports and love for the history of Kellogg, plus there were some of my stories included in the scrapbook. At one time my father had all the programs for over 30 years of Kellogg Basketball and Football, somehow those disappeared. I would love to have those back.

Looking through these years I was able to piece together the records for most of the years between the articles that I do have and some of the yearbooks that I have. Luckily I have most of the 1959 stories, and I was able to verify the scores of a few games that I couldn't find. I will post the record for you. Also some of the stories gave the standings of the Panhandle Conference in which Kellogg ended up 9-1 with the one loss to Wallace on January 16, 1959. I can scan some of the stories if you would like plus you may use the 2 photos I posted as long as Billy Hope gets credit as the photographer and the Kellogg Evening News is mentioned.

best,
Lauren Scrafford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

WOw, great stories everyone. It sure brings back memories for me, but nothing like these since we left Kellogg just before i started High School. I wish you luck David in getting the team nominated and i hope they win. as i have seen since i have been in the military when an individual wins an award, that individual usually isnt the best of that period, but may have been the best nomination, and this sounds like it has been that way with some of these teams who have won in the past. I dont see why Kellogg cant win this award from the stories and history of Kellogg Basketball.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford