The injuries keep racking up

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

The injuries keep racking up

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

First Branch, then Engram, now Burleson and Mo!!! Not the way to start off the season, thats for sure. top 3 WRs out and a RB now. hmmmmm what shall we do now??? I knew we should have made a trade for a WR this summer!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Burleson is now out for the season!!! Suddenly our top 4 receivers are now out. We need to pick up somone in a trade in a hurry. We are not going to win many games with Courtney Taylor, Logan Payne, and Jordan Kent as the only healthy receivers on the roster. Wow...

We're going to have to trade next year's 1st round pick or a star on the defense to bring in Ocho Cinco.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

We should have got Ocho Cinco during the off season when we had a chance. and we need a punt/kick returner with B out. looks like a LOOOOONG season for the Hawks
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Don't forget our stud long snapper is on IR too. I won't watch one more game this year.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I'm still optomistic about the next two weeks. They still should beat San Francicso and St. Louis at home, even with the worst WR crew for a game in the history of the National Football League... The 12th man and their defense will come through.

The Hawks will then be 2-1, and they will have another week off with the bye week. Then Branch and Engram should be back as they get into the tough part of their season...

I still think they need to make a trade today for a top notch WR though...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Lauren A. Scrafford

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

Casey Fisher wrote:I'm still optomistic about the next two weeks. They still should beat San Francicso and St. Louis at home, even with the worst WR crew for a game in the history of the National Football League... The 12th man and their defense will come through.

The Hawks will then be 2-1, and they will have another week off with the bye week. Then Branch and Engram should be back as they get into the tough part of their season...

I still think they need to make a trade today for a top notch WR though...
I thought about responding but thought Seattle would win this one easily(loss to SF in OT 33-30). My original thoughts were that Seattle playing in a very weak division, could actually go 8-8 or 9-7 and win their division. That could still happen but after losing to SF I kind of doubt it.
To win it, their best shot is an 8-8 record and they will probably need to win all the rest of their division games just to finish with an 8-8 or 9-7 record. They do have a difficult schedule outside of their division and Phoenix is playing well at 2-0.

There are little chances of getting a top notch receiver after 2 weeks of the regular NFL season. About all Seattle has to offer are draft choices and most teams are not looking for draft choices early in the season. Looks like a long season in Holmgrenville.

best,
L.A.Scrafford