John "JD" Chisholm KHS 1954

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Mary Chisholm

John "JD" Chisholm KHS 1954

Post by Mary Chisholm »

Posting this at this late date because I never thought of doing so here. I did run it in the local newspaper. JD was a special guy and I miss him a lot. Wanted those who remember him to know of his passing in case they didn't see it. To my knowledge he only attended one reunion - the 20th I think. His sister, Mary Chisholm KHS 1964
JD’s mantra – “give my regards to the rest of the crew” – could be heard as he went to join “the man upstairs” on Monday, December 17, 2007, after a 10-year journey with Alzheimer’s.

JD was first and foremost an “artist” and for 30 years he painted every Sunday in the “open life drawing sessions” at the University of Washington in Seattle where he formed many friendships with fellow artists . He was chosen among hundreds to exhibit at the Frye Museum in Seattle and won 3rd place for his painting of “Ezra”.

JD was born in Kellogg, Idaho, and graduated from Kellogg Highschool in 1954. He was a draftsman in the Army from 1955-58. He received his Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho in 1965, and then pursued a career in architecture with several Seattle firms from 1965-1973 before finding his calling as an artist. He received his BFA in painting at the University of Washington in 1974 and his MFA in painting from Washington State University in Pullman, Idaho in 1976.

JD also “jammed” around Seattle playing the bass fiddle and saxophone. His Catholic faith sustained him and he was a member of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Seattle for many years, including volunteer work with St. Vincent de Paul. He even rode his bicycle back and forth from his Seattle apartment.

JD loved jazz, art, ice cream, hot tea, color, the water, Seattle, God, and his family. He was by nature optimistic, full of good humor, a philosopher, and a bit of a prankster. He is survived by 4 sisters, Mary Chisholm of Sunriver, Oregon; Vickii Otto of Craig, Montana; Cathy Costello of Olympia, Washington; and Janet Janke of Colville, Washington.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Mary
Please accept my sincere condolences. I did not know your brother, but reading this made him sound like a very interesting fellow. I'm sorry I didn't have the privilege of knowing him.
We very much appreciate you posting this information here.

:)
Gwen
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)