M's

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:Well, Richie Sexson's Seattle Mariners career is over. The team released him this morning. That was a good $56 Million dollars spent by Bill Bavasi.
But at least the M's are playing better baseball as of late!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!! I HATE THE YANKEES!!!
They think they are above the rules (paying the fines so they can spend above the caps), more special than anyother team (god complex), and...I just hate them.

Why would anyone ever want to play for them? I would play for another American League team, and when I played them I would put out my best effort every time. Not to just beat them, but TO POUND THEM INTO THE DIRT!

this also goes for the Dallas Cowboys!
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike i know what u mean. It just goes to show that it is all about the green backs for these guys even in this time of economic turmoil for our country. Why cant guys just do whats best and take less money elsewhre and draw down these salaries. Baseball will lose in the long run when the fans wont be able to afford to come to the games
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

One guy offers you a job. 60,000 a year and good benefits. Another guy comes along, offers you 85,000 a year and a company car. What job are you going to take? If the Yanks are going to dish it out, the players should take it. They had a pretty stiff payroll last year too. What did that get them? Chemistry plays a big part of the game. You can't buy chemistry. That is how you get teams like the Rays last year. Let the Yanks spend. I will go out and buy stock in Les Schwab. Just think of all the 22 inch rims they will be selling.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I don't hate the players...I HATE THE YANKEES!!! Besides I agree with you Hank on the chemistry aspect. Thats the only thing satisfying about when the yankees fail at the spending game.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I agree with you 100% Mike... I do still think that the Rays and Red Sox are still going to be better than the Yankees next year though. I sure hope so. It even makes me happier when they load up like this and don't make the playoffs or don't win the World Series...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden