KHS BOYS BASKETBALL 2007-2008

Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

KHS BOYS BASKETBALL 2007-2008

Post by Simon Miller »

Man I am slacking big time in this dept. but I figured I would at least make an effort.

This season the KHS Boys have definitely over-achieved in my opinion. With all due respect to our boys in Purple and Gold, we just don't have a lot of "superstar" firepower this year. However, Coach Finkbeiner has done a fantastic job going with a game plan that maximizes the effort of the Cats. They did not disappoint through the ups and downs of the roller coaster season.

Last night the Cats faced a Lumberjack team that although may not have as deep of a bench, has size and strength, combined with streaky shooters. Last night SM was able to expose the Wildcats' major weakness, the interior/paint. KHS is severely lacking in the size dept. especially along the front line. Despite this the Cats have gotten spirited and gutsy play from Junior Cory Lewis who may be out sized in height, but not in heart. Last night, the Lumberjacks brought their A game and shot well and defended exceptionally. The Cats struggled to find any offensive success, but I thought they gave maximum effort throughout the game, regardless of the score. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team.

Hopefully the Cats can rebound (pun intended) Friday night as they face Bonners Ferry in the consolation bracket. If they can pull off a tough win Friday, they will then have a chance to face the loser of the championship game between Priest River(1) and St. Maries (2). And as you know, anything is possible on "Consolation Saturday."

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been rather hectic.

Go Cats.
"Play Like A Champion Today"