KHS Girls Basketball State 3A Tournament 2007

Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Great win lady Cats!!! I've complained about the State Tournament draws ever since the first State Tournament I have ever seen. Like somebody said, "It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out". After you get the 8 teams that make it to state, rank them 1-8 with #1 vs. #8, #4 vs. #5 and on the other side of the bracket #2 vs. #7 and #3 vs. #6. I guess doing this and evening out the brackets is just to hard for the Idaho State Tournament Committee. The way it is set up now #1 has played #2 in the first round on occasion.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

It turns out KWAL was wrong yesterday when they said Wallace would be playing Kootenai for the consolation championship. They played Prairie this morning and that game was broadcast live this morning. I just missed the end of that game and I can't get ahold of anyone down at Middleton to give me an update on the Kellogg vs. Fruitland game. As soon as I know something, I'll let you know.
:)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Wallace defeated Prairie this morning. I don't know the exact score yet, but I know the margin of victory was somewhere around 11 or 12 points. Still no news on Kellogg/Fruitland.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Kellogg has defeated Fruitland 53-31!
I'm sorry I don't have the box scores or anything, I just saw the bracket on idahosports.com.
Congratulations ladies!!! Consolations champions - 4th in Idaho!
:D

Wallace defeated Prairie 58-44.

In 5A action, CDA will be playing Lake City for the State championship this evening.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Sorry sports fans, I assumed that KWAL would broadcast the game live and I totally spaced the email updates to a few specific people. As it turns out the game was good, but I was pretty distracted taking pictures throughout the game anyway... so sorry for the lack of updates!

The girls came out and showed a ton of composure early as the game was very tight for the first half. Then in the second half, we simply wore them down and took over. We are extremely proud of them. Not many teams get to win their last game of the season!

We are deciding on whether to go to the CDA/Lake City game or to David Roberts' Timberline-Eagle district tournament game.
"Play Like A Champion Today"