We're back!

The place to talk about anything you want.
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

We're back!

Post by Laurie Roberts »

I've been checking in daily, until yesterday, it seems, to see if we were up and running here again. Thanks to our administrators for all their work on this project! It's great to see the regulars back here. Hopefully everyone else will ease back into it, too.

Hello all my long, lost posting buddies!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Coach Roberts,

We are indeed back, but feel horrible about not being able to restore our past discussions. The frustrating part is that I did all my tasks, but the web host has "limits" that prohibit being responsible. For example, they recommend you make regular of the discussion board database. I did that. But the database grew to 12MB (which is VERY small for a PHPBB database), but they have a 2MB file upload limit. So they tell you to make backups, but those backups are absolutely worthless if they grow over 2MB (which happens after about 1 month of light discussion posts).

I have spent hours on the phone with the host technical support and have run into brick walls in all directions. I thought I had a creative "work around" (AKA Hack) but it is proving to be unfruitful.

I am still diligently working on getting the original board restored, so we can at least go back and copy/paste some of the content of some topics.

But I digress, it is AWESOME to have you back! We all have so much catching up to do!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

dang Coach Miller - as much as we appreciate your hard work getting the old threads back for us I say lets just run with this new one as is - it won't take long for us to have all the old topics heatin' up all over again - allow everyone to start off fresh.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Jason Spoor wrote:dang Coach Miller - as much as we appreciate your hard work getting the old threads back for us I say lets just run with this new one as is - it won't take long for us to have all the old topics heatin' up all over again - allow everyone to start off fresh.
Thanks Roops. I appreciate the sentiment. I have to admit, I like the real names vs. aliases for this sort of thing. Maybe this will encourage others to join and contribute to the discusssion.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Ditto, thanks for all the work Simon! Are you going to do a "where are they now" section? I think you should put it in the Candy Corner section. Just a thought.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Good idea Nords. I will get that up today.