Baseball Fever

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

whatever
Last edited by Jason Spoor on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

AL West-Mariner's, I'll dark horse this one
AL Central-Indians
AL East-Boston-I think the hype is for real
AL Wild Card-Minnesota-If Mauer can get it together.

NL West-Padres-They've worked hard over the years, they're due.
NL Central-Cards, That's for you D.K.
NL East-Mets
NL Wild Card-Dodgers-I think you could flip the Padres and Dodgers either way.

World Series-Dodgers vs. Indians
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

O.K.
Brussard or Sexson
Bloomquist or Lopez
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Mike Nordin wrote:O.K.
Brussard or Sexson
Bloomquist or Lopez
Good picks plu. I would definitely take Lopez here as Bloomquist is just too good at being a utility player and filling in wherever needed. Lopez is still in his early 20's and will continue to get better and better.

The Broussard/Sexson debate is a good one. Obviously Richie is more of a long-ball threat who gets lots of RBI's, but he strikes out so much and usually hits below .250. Broussard I think could definitely hit over .300 and would have very adequate HR/RBI's if he played everyday...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

That is what I was thinking on Sexson/Brusard. On Bloomquist, the reason he is hitting so much is because he is finally a)isn't forcing it anymore and b) he's getting more at bats. The guy also is a major base stealer. He flat out works and plays harder than most players. It would be interesting to see how he would do on a full time basis. but we will probably never find out.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I agree with you on Willie. I think he would have a great season if he was an everyday starter. Unfortunately, I just don't think they have an everyday spot for him. Willie Bloomquist is the definition of a "team player".
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

2-0 plu. The M's are 2-0 for the first time since 1996. I know it's early, but there seems to be some major excitement back into Safeco Field... Enjoy the game tonight live Simon.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Rock,

I had a great time at the game Tuesday night. We got to see the M's score a lot of runs and we got to see Morrow come in and throw some heat, even if he gave me Ayala flashbacks early in the inning. :lol:

I had 2 orders of Garlic Fries and I had to get up two times last night and brush my teeth because I couldn't stand my own breath.

We had a great time at the game. Safeco is a great venue. Now I want to go to a game at QWEST Field!

My sister-in-law and her boyfriend went tonight (we all spent the day in Seattle shopping and going to different places. I see the Ms are down 9-0... ouch. Oh well, 2-1 to start out Vs. the A's is pretty sweet!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I am glad you got to go on Tuesday night. That was the night to go Golf Coach. LOL on the Ayala flashbacks and the garlic mouth. Safeco Field is a tremendous ballpark that's for sure...

Like you said, 2 out of 3 against Oakland is great as last year they went 2 out of 19 against them...
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I think Weaver is going to move up in the rotation.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

In a way I am happy that Batista got rocked. Just for the fact that the M's didn't score a run. They could have had Felix's masterpiece last night and still not won. It's easier to get crushed 9-0, then to lose say 1-0 as you are then wasting a great starting pitching performance.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

The A's were just not going to go quietly anyway. Cleveland is going to be tough and cold. Grady is on my F.B. team, so I hope he plays well and everyone else sucks. By the way, Basista's performance is still a great example of my fondness of Bavasi. What an idiot. I think the M's are one person change from doing ok., and that is the GM position. We need Allen to buy the M's too though. I know, some statistic says it wouldn't work, but at least I can dream. :lol:
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Felix is awesome! This is really going to be an interesting season.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey Roops, on the Fantasy BaseB., two things I don't like are 1) on the ERA's one team can pitch one pitcher, i.e. a RP and get a low ERA and then not pitch anyone else all week, then win 3 points. 2) there should be a category for walks.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike - you have to pitch a MINIMUM of 9 innings or none of your pitching stats will count and you'll lose each category. I chose not to use walks and instead went with k/bb ratio. Ah, you may mean walks on offense ----- in that case your right - I missed that one and i'm kicking myself for it.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Ya, our power hitters that get walked a lot are poor contributers some times because they get walked intentionally. It's ok, I'll know next year to add it. Thanks on the ERA thing. Is there any one else you would want for Ichiro? As you can see I did my spring cleaning to today, Pun intended.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike Nordin wrote:Is there any one else you would want for Ichiro?
Sizemore
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Jason, you don't give me enough time to look at those offers.

Question to all...How do you think Felix will do against Minn. Twins.? They do have some guys with high avg.s.

By the way Roops, I think Ichiro is worth keeping.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

there's really not a team in baseball that can touch Felix if he pitches like he did against Boston. The Red Sox have one of the most feared lineups in the majors and King Felix went through them like they were hittin' with toothpicks. There's no doubt that he's got one of the most electric arms in the game today but at only 22 he may not have what it takes to harness it - wait until a team gets a few bloopers in on him and see if he stays calm and settled.

Mike - I know Ichiro is worth keeping but not if I could get something of value in return. I really do need a top flight SS or a power hitting OF
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

You took a pounding from doug this week, I actually felt sorry for you. I on the other hand can't seem to break out. My Dad ticks me off because he's in first place and lets me know every day. I can't wait to play him. He's looking to week 6 when he play's doug.

How about them M's. It's nice to see their bats running, but I don't think it's going to last. I just don't think the M's have that spark.
I saw that the Dodgers are in first so far and I think they won yesterday.