Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Celts in 7 by last second shot from Sam Cassell. He will do his testicle dance for 3 straight years thereafter.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:I want to see the Lakers just crush the New York Yankees(lets buy a championship) of the NBA!
Ken, you know I love ya brotha, but I have to jump on the soap box with this comment. First of all, the NBA has a salary cap so there are no New York Yankees (thank goodness) and teams cannot spend an unlimited amount of money since there is a salary cap... Boston traded for both Garnett and Ray Allen. If you want to blame somebody, blame the T-Wolves who took 7 dudes for Garnett. Second of all, how is the Lakers trading for Pau Gasol any different than the Celtics trading for Garnett & Allen. I call it great GM moves by both the Celtics and Lakers that helped push their teams to the Finals.

Also, I have to disagree about Garnett being a thug. While I don't like the profanity like you mentioned, he is far beyond some of the thugish players in the NBA. He is a clean cut dude. He doesn't have tatoos all over his arms or neck. He doesn't get T'd up very often and is friendly with the officials. He is a class act in the community, dresses nicely, and he is just a basketball junkie who plays hard every night.

Celtics in 4.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:I want to see the Lakers just crush the New York Yankees(lets buy a championship) of the NBA!
Ken, you know I love ya brotha, but I have to jump on the soap box with this comment. First of all, the NBA has a salary cap so there are no New York Yankees (thank goodness) and teams cannot spend an unlimited amount of money since there is a salary cap... Boston traded for both Garnett and Ray Allen. If you want to blame somebody, blame the T-Wolves who took 7 dudes for Garnett. Second of all, how is the Lakers trading for Pau Gasol any different than the Celtics trading for Garnett & Allen. I call it great GM moves by both the Celtics and Lakers that helped push their teams to the Finals.

Also, I have to disagree about Garnett being a thug. While I don't like the profanity like you mentioned, he is far beyond some of the thugish players in the NBA. He is a clean cut dude. He doesn't have tatoos all over his arms or neck. He doesn't get T'd up very often and is friendly with the officials. He is a class act in the community, dresses nicely, and he is just a basketball junkie who plays hard every night.

Celtics in 4.
Oh Casey i know, i just had to stir the pot a little bit. I am just a Celtic hater and have been for as long as i can remember, and if i can group them and the Yankees into the Most hated franchises category i will do it. Maybe Thug was a little too extreme of a word to describe KG, but u know what i mean. I know he is great in the community and all that, but peoples actions on the court speak a helluva lot louder than words, especially on the court. If us adults can read lips out there, then these young kids can too, and the will emulate that on the court themselves. Thats part of the problem with our country these days too. But anyway, i asked for Realistic predictions Casey!!! Celtics in 4!?!?! Come on man, LOL
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Casey Fisher wrote:

Celtics in 4.
Oh Casey i know, i just had to stir the pot a little bit. I am just a Celtic hater and have been for as long as i can remember, and if i can group them and the Yankees into the Most hated franchises category i will do it. Maybe Thug was a little too extreme of a word to describe KG, but u know what i mean. I know he is great in the community and all that, but peoples actions on the court speak a helluva lot louder than words, especially on the court. If us adults can read lips out there, then these young kids can too, and the will emulate that on the court themselves. Thats part of the problem with our country these days too. But anyway, i asked for Realistic predictions Casey!!! Celtics in 4!?!?! Come on man, LOL
Good points about Garnett and the cursing... Although I also frequently see him laughing on the court and patting the officials on the backside... He's definitely no Rasheed Wallace!!!

Regarding the prediction, like I posted in an earlier post, I think it will be a sweep. Anytime they hype something up as big as they are this NBA Finals, it will probably be a disappointment... If the Lakers win Game 1, then I predict them to sweep as well. In my book Thursday night's Game 1 is the decisive game. LOL.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Celtics in 4.[/quote]

Oh Casey i know, i just had to stir the pot a little bit. I am just a Celtic hater and have been for as long as i can remember, and if i can group them and the Yankees into the Most hated franchises category i will do it. Maybe Thug was a little too extreme of a word to describe KG, but u know what i mean. I know he is great in the community and all that, but peoples actions on the court speak a helluva lot louder than words, especially on the court. If us adults can read lips out there, then these young kids can too, and the will emulate that on the court themselves. Thats part of the problem with our country these days too. But anyway, i asked for Realistic predictions Casey!!! Celtics in 4!?!?! Come on man, LOL[/quote]

Good points about Garnett and the cursing... Although I also frequently see him laughing on the court and patting the officials on the backside... He's definitely no Rasheed Wallace!!!

Regarding the prediction, like I posted in an earlier post, I think it will be a sweep. Anytime they hype something up as big as they are this NBA Finals, it will probably be a disappointment... If the Lakers win Game 1, then I predict them to sweep as well. In my book Thursday night's Game 1 is the decisive game. LOL.[/quote]

LOL< this WILL NOT be a sweep. These sportswriters keep talking about how the Celtics swept the season series with the Lakers. Does anyone realize that Gasol wasnt even with the team in either of those games? He has changed the whole landscape of laker basketball. He doesnt even need to score 20 points a game for the lakers to win. The Triangle is only as good as the passing big men in the offense, and he gives them that. I really think this series will go 6 or 7 games, and to tell u the truth, either team can win, and of course i want my Lakers to win, so thats my prediction, but u cant count out either team. These teams are too dang good to get swept by the other team
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I repeat, I went to the future and saw it, Celtics 6.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:I repeat, I went to the future and saw it, Celtics 6.
damn, now i guess i dont have to watch the Finals now! Thanks for ruining it Mike!!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:These teams are too dang good to get swept by the other team
I do predict a sweep. However, I do not see this going past 5 games. Here is my reasoning… I do not think either of these two teams are mentally tough enough to withstand losing a game or two in a row to come back and make it a series. In the 2-3-2 format of the NBA Finals, here’s how I see it unfolding in each scenario after the first two games in Boston:

If Boston is up 2-0, I see them having all the confidence in the world going into L.A. I think they will then pull out Game 3, like they did at Detroit, and will sweep or win the title in Game 5, and not even need to come back home for the last two.

If the series is tied 1-1, I see the Celtics being crushed for blowing a game at home. They will second-guess themselves about winning on the road, and I see the Lakers winning all three games at home to take the series 4-1.

If L.A. is up 2-0, this will be a sweep nearly for sure as L.A. will win the next two at home and close it out. Worst-case scenario, they will win two out of three at home to win the series 4-1.

In other words, in my opinion, if Boston doesn’t win Games 1 & 2 at home, they are done and won’t make it back home for Game 6. If they do win games 1 & 2 at home (which they have been nearly unbeatable at home this year), they will have the confidence to win in L.A. and get the job done…

This is NBA philosophy 101 at it’s finest… And Remember, you heard it here first. Games 6 & 7 will not exist!!!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:These teams are too dang good to get swept by the other team
I do predict a sweep. However, I do not see this going past 5 games. Here is my reasoning… I do not think either of these two teams are mentally tough enough to withstand losing a game or two in a row to come back and make it a series. In the 2-3-2 format of the NBA Finals, here’s how I see it unfolding in each scenario after the first two games in Boston:

If Boston is up 2-0, I see them having all the confidence in the world going into L.A. I think they will then pull out Game 3, like they did at Detroit, and will sweep or win the title in Game 5, and not even need to come back home for the last two.

If the series is tied 1-1, I see the Celtics being crushed for blowing a game at home. They will second-guess themselves about winning on the road, and I see the Lakers winning all three games at home to take the series 4-1.

If L.A. is up 2-0, this will be a sweep nearly for sure as L.A. will win the next two at home and close it out. Worst-case scenario, they will win two out of three at home to win the series 4-1.

In other words, in my opinion, if Boston doesn’t win Games 1 & 2 at home, they are done and won’t make it back home for Game 6. If they do win games 1 & 2 at home (which they have been nearly unbeatable at home this year), they will have the confidence to win in L.A. and get the job done…

This is NBA philosophy 101 at it’s finest… And Remember, you heard it here first. Games 6 & 7 will not exist!!!
i guess thats why i made this thread, so we all could make predictions!!! LOL
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:i guess thats why i made this thread, so we all could make predictions!!! LOL
Definitely!!!

This thread has also proven what we already know, "Why the heck are they waiting so long to start Game 1!!!" It must be for tv, as it is ludicrous for them to wait 6 or 7 days to start the dang series... Then to top that off, they play game 1 Thursday night and then have two days off and play game 2 on Sunday... Absolutely ridiculous!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:i guess thats why i made this thread, so we all could make predictions!!! LOL
Definitely!!!

This thread has also proven what we already know, "Why the heck are they waiting so long to start Game 1!!!" It must be for tv, as it is ludicrous for them to wait 6 or 7 days to start the dang series... Then to top that off, they play game 1 Thursday night and then have two days off and play game 2 on Sunday... Absolutely ridiculous!
yes i agree. The thing of it is Casey, is they already had the games scheduled, and they schedule for when the previous series theoretically go 7 games all the way out. so if both Conference Finals series went the full 7 games, then they wouldnt have had a long wait like they have right now. i guess these two day rests are to keep the players rested and fresh for the games. What is really crazy is they talk about these guys being tired and all. They get so many TV time outs, multiple day rests between games, etc, there is no reason they should be tired unless the play all 48 minutes and go into triple OT and play every minute there too. if something is on the line, they dont get tired, these guys are in good enuf shape, it shouldnt be an issue
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:yes i agree. The thing of it is Casey, is they already had the games scheduled, and they schedule for when the previous series theoretically go 7 games all the way out. so if both Conference Finals series went the full 7 games, then they wouldnt have had a long wait like they have right now. i guess these two day rests are to keep the players rested and fresh for the games. What is really crazy is they talk about these guys being tired and all. They get so many TV time outs, multiple day rests between games, etc, there is no reason they should be tired unless the play all 48 minutes and go into triple OT and play every minute there too. if something is on the line, they dont get tired, these guys are in good enuf shape, it shouldnt be an issue
I 1000% agree. I can't believe they say that they guys are not rested when they have at least a day off in between games in the playoffs. Do they not realize that teams play on back-to-back nights during the regular season? Being tired in the playoffs is no excuse.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Game Time!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I can't watch the game because of "Technical Difficulties". Thats all it says on our tv.

Hey, I know our Sonics suck, but we still would like to see the finals.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Celtics up 4, 6-7 minutes left
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

That was a great game, was close til the end...Good way to start the series. Hope Celtics can keep it up.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

it was a good game. Looking like a 7 game series.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

remember Celtics in 6.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I'm a Lakers fan through and through but I don't care for Kobe. I hope the Lakers get swept because I'd rather see great quality people like KG, Ray-Ray and P squared win the ultimate prize.

Kobe whined becuase he had to share his spotlight with Shaq so Dr. Buss gave to ok to trade Shaq - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because his wife wouldn't put out so Kobe took advantage of a young gal in Denver and got away with it - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because the organization would surround him with talent (not named Shaq I guess) so the Grizzlies gave him a gift named Pau - Kobe wins

It's time for Kobe to lose. Whine. Demand trade to Chicago. Be sent to Chicago for the #1 overall, Deng and KH. Lakers win in '08-'09. - Kobe whines.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Good call!