NBA

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Doug Knox wrote:I hope that he and 'melo can co-exist when they lose a few games...it's all good when your winning, but losing will bring out their true character (which is not good in either guy's case). Other than that, I have been getting some breaks and against some tough teams my guys seem to be playing more that week which definitely helps in a head to head league. Simon not being able to play has definitely helped me out a couple of weeks (10-0 helps out a lot). I think a majority of my success is due to the fact that my guys haven't been out for more than a month with injuries - just little sprains & strains. There is still a lot of season left to play, though, so I'm hoping I can stay on top - but wouldn't count on it.
The league will definitely go down to the wire... The playoffs are going to be flat, out battles, especially when Roops' team gets back to full strength and Yao gets health for Mike.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I think I got tricked on a trade, although it's my own fault for not looking further. This is why I don't usually trust trades. I think good trades are like a couple of ok players for one good player, or two close quality players that are traded for better suited teams.
I was just plain dumb on this one. I hope his foot is ok.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I wouldn't say you got tricked Mike - the injury to Nocioni wasn't announced until Monday night, just before the Bulls game. It looks like you'll lose one scoring period from him along with all-star week - if he comes back to his normal form than you have to consider it an excellent deal for both teams.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I know.
I was just whinning :lol:
So what about our trade?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Jackson was a almost a let go on my house cleaning anyway.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Mike Nordin wrote:O.K. Roops, give me an arguement as why I should go through with this trade. I admit ignorance here. I can see the ranking that Battier has but his points are not high nor are some of his other stats. Maybe thats my problem, I can see that his percentages are incredibly high. But I know, and I know you know, that Ming will be back in about two weeks. Maybe a little longer.
So, :? please explain it me my master.
Honestly, I wouldn't trade pull the trigger if I were you but.... Battier gives you a solid all around player who gets 3pm, rebounds, blks, a/to and steals - his negatives are - points, ftm and ft% but since he doesn't go to the line that often his % doesn't hurt or help a team. Brad Miller has been considered one of the best Centers in fantasy play the last 3-4 seasons, he got off to a slow start but has been averaging 10pts 9rbs 7assts and 1 block over the last two weeks - I like to put "feeler" trades out there to get a counter offer, this way I know if an owner is willing to trade the player i'm going after. I try not to offer lopsided trades but it does happen sometimes. I've never liked having more than two players from the same team on my roster and I believe you currently have 4 Houston Rockets - there are weeks where a team will only have 2 games and some where they will have 3 so that's where the disadvantage lies.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Would you consider the same trade plus adrian Briedrins for one other player that is not Kidd.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Jason, I sent another offer over. What do you think?
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

lol, that's pretty good - I was getting ready to send the same offer. I've been trying to get Bibby all season.

I hope this trade can pull you up in the standing Mike - it's never easy trading a player like Yao.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

How's that Yao trade treating you? I'm just ribbing you.

My question is....If you were an NBA coach and could pick any 6 players, five on the floor and one 6th man, who would they be?????
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I know they are both PG, but I would put both
1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Shawn Marion
4. Dirk
5. Tim Duncan
6th. Ray Allen (I know he isn't a F, but I bet he could mix it up)
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

PG - Steve Nash

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Lebron James

PF - Tim Duncan

C - Dwight Howard

6th man - Lamar Odom - he can play all 5 positions.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

PG - John Stockton

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - Scottie Pippen

PF - Karl Malone

C - Hakeem Olijuwon

Sorry, had to go old-school 90's with this one... You guys pretty much covered today's guys.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

okay - old school works.

PG - Magic Johnson

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - Larry Bird

PF - Bill Russell

C - Lew Alcindor

6th man - Manute Bol
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Bol was the man... That 7' 7" dude was the king of 3-point bombs... Also, in the Celebrity boxing event like 4 or 5 years ago, he tore up William "The Refridgerator" Perry...

Another funny thing is that him and Mugsy Bogues (5' 3") were on the Washington Bullets together. That is a difference of 2 feet 4 inches in height.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Dang Fish - winning 7-3 or 8-2 wasn't good enough for ya huh - you had to add enough help to beat my injury depleted team 10-0.

I'll remember that!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I was nervous to the very last second Roops. I take no win for granted until it is final.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Simon and I are battling for last place I see.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Looks like it will be close at the end.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I'm sorry, for B-Ball F.