Sheldon McLain 1970-2007, KHS Class of 1989

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Mike Nordin wrote:Memory #2,
Sorry to all you Kellogg kids, this is a Pinehurst moment, Sheldon was part of the "taking down the wall" party in the east little league field at Pinehurst El. Unfortunatlely he, along with half of the class of 89' from pinehurst during their 6th grade run, got, I believe, pink slips for it.

Recap,...the class of 89' from Pinehurst during their 6th grade year (my 5th) dissmantled the little league outfield wall during afternoon recess.

Why.....It was there.
Great Memories! I moved this to the new "In Memoriam" Forum. I will be scanning a better tribute to Sheldon as soon as the State Golf Tournament is over.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Great move in making this Forum Simon. Im still waiting and looking forward to some of the pictures you will come up with.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

It was so sad to hear of Sheldon's death. Sheldon was a great person and my heart goes out to his family. I guess my last memory of Sheldon was from graduation. He and Kari Aga sang our graduation song, "Forever Young". They did a beautiful job. It's never easy when you hear about the death of a classmate. It reminds you that life is short and can end at any time. Don't waste it and don't take any moment for granted. Sheldon will be deeply missed by his former classmates. I would also like to extend a prayer to the families of other 1989 classmates lost: Shannon Sharp, Kirk Aberley, Jason Fretheim, Wayne Ivie, Nick Barney. These are the few that I know we're lost from our class. I know there are several others that Kellogg has lost. May the Lord take all of them safely into his home and bless and watch over the ones left on Earth.
Class of '89
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Gentry,

Thanks so much for posting this. I would gladly make up a forum for each one if you wanted. Or maybe we should arrange them by class.

I have pictures for Sheldon's tribute, I just need to remember to post them from work. Gwen scanned them for me the other day. I will get those up ASAP.

I was shocked to hear about Jason Fretheim. What happened to him?

Thank you for your post.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Very nice post Gentry. You pretty much said it all...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Rock,

I got some pictures posted. Look on page one of this thread.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Those are some great photos. Thank you for all the hard work putting them on there. I love the one of him dunking... He could flat out get-up!!!
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Yeah, maybe we can arrange the photos later on a special "In Memoriam" page for pictures or something.

Yeah Sheldon did have some serious ups.
Gentry Woolman

Post by Gentry Woolman »

Simon Miller wrote:Gentry,

Thanks so much for posting this. I would gladly make up a forum for each one if you wanted. Or maybe we should arrange them by class.

I have pictures for Sheldon's tribute, I just need to remember to post them from work. Gwen scanned them for me the other day. I will get those up ASAP.

I was shocked to hear about Jason Fretheim. What happened to him?

Thank you for your post.
Hi Simon,

Of the lost classmates of 1989 - Shannon was killed in a car wreck, Kirk was murdered near Absarokee, MT, Jason & Wayne both committed suicide and Nick was killed in a mining accident near Elko, Nv.
Class of '89
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I remember Shannon well, she was on my soccer teams growing up. I remember when she was killed, My cousin Kristie Lagerquist was down visiting from Alaska or was going to School at UI at the time and was supposed to be with her that night, but ended up not going. Just goes gto show you that life can be taken away at any time. Like Simon said, live life to the fullest. I am very thankful that Kristie didnt jump in that car that night, but very saddened that Shannon was lost.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford