Sgt. Maj. Bradley D. Conner 1966-2007, KHS Class of 1984

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Laurie Roberts wrote:I just wanted to give an update for on the first annual Brad Conner Memorial Golf Scramble. My brother David and Jim Hoffman, as well as many others, have worked tirelessly to make this a successful event. They have already raised more than $10,000 to put toward the scholarship fund in Brad's honor, and the tournament this weekend will undoubtedly add considerably to that amount. The scramble itself is full, and 80 people have registered for the steak dinner.

This has been a real mission of love and commitment for David, Jim, and so many others. Thanks to those who have given and prayed. If anyone else is interested in donating any amount--small or large--to the scholarship fund, David's contact information in the flyer posted on the front page. You can also contact me for further information.
LR,

Thank you for the update. I must say that my summer vacation has been everything but a vacation. I have a project at school that is sucking every spare second of my life and it keeps getting more and more interesting. Anyway, I wanted to ask how the event went and wondered if anyone took any digital pictures we could post here? I regrettably couldn't attend, but I would love to hear from those who did.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Laurie Roberts
For Such A Time As This...

Post by Laurie Roberts »

I spoke to David today about the Brad Conner Memorial Golf Scramble. In spite of some logistical problems, I've heard great things about the tournament. They raised over $15,000 for the scholarship fund. They have already set July 20, 2008 as the date for the second annual scramble in Brad's honor. They will be starting earlier in the day and adding some activities to make it an event for the whole family.

Thanks for the interest, Coach. I think we should see if we can both make it next year. Maybe we can get a foursome together with you, me, Stevie, and McDougs. We could take on Vecey, Snuffy, Butler, and DeVoe!
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

A web site has been established for Brad: http://www.bradconnermemorial.com
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)