Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Jason Spoor wrote:I'm a Lakers fan through and through but I don't care for Kobe. I hope the Lakers get swept because I'd rather see great quality people like KG, Ray-Ray and P squared win the ultimate prize.

Kobe whined becuase he had to share his spotlight with Shaq so Dr. Buss gave to ok to trade Shaq - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because his wife wouldn't put out so Kobe took advantage of a young gal in Denver and got away with it - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because the organization would surround him with talent (not named Shaq I guess) so the Grizzlies gave him a gift named Pau - Kobe wins

It's time for Kobe to lose. Whine. Demand trade to Chicago. Be sent to Chicago for the #1 overall, Deng and KH. Lakers win in '08-'09. - Kobe whines.
Post of the week. And this from a lifelong Laker fan. Kobe is a whiner. Derek Fisher, Odom, Turiaf, Gasol, I can respect and pull for, but Kobe... never.

I officially put Jeff Van Gundy in the "Puke" category as well. After Kobe scored a basket after missing 4 or 5 straight shots, and immediately whined about getting touched, he gets T-d up like he should have. Moments later Van Gundy says "I like to see an impact player like Kobe make a statement and show some emotion like that. That is a statement Technical." What a TOOL! Wake up Van Gundy! Earlier Van Gundy stated that the NBA should add a 7th foul or eliminate personal foul limits all together. What a moron.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Wow, now BSPN (Wilbon and Scott) are crying about the foul disparity. Sheesh guys, THIS IS THE NBA! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? First Van Gundy, now these clowns. I didn't see a "one sided" game where the referees are concerned. I saw a LA Laker team sleep through the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then charge too little too late. Yeah they almost pulled off a great comeback, but to blame the referees is a complete joke. How about the 4 steps Radmanovic took before his dunk? Any comments there?
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I will say this, there was some disparity in the calls, like Phil Jackson said, how does Powe get more free throws then the whole Lakers team? Because he wasnt settling for Jump shots. Also, when Lamar Odom goes in there floating to the rim and not going up to dunk it and crashes into someone, what do you think they will call? An obvious offensive foul. You need to take it to the rim like you mean it and have an agenda, just like the one play Gasol had when he took it right at Garnett and dunked in his grill. Anyway, it is still no reason to lose. You have to come play every night, and show some aggression. I think the only guy who actually showed up for most of the game was Gasol for once. The Lakers settled for waaaaaaaay too many jump shots and didnt take the action to the rim. The Celtics forced the action on the Lakers to play some defense and they got the calls. thats just the NBA. But for crying out loud, let the guys play, both teams!! I remember the 80s so vividly when they could pretty much murder u and get away with it, now they cant even breath and the refs are calling fouls. But you cant blame the loss on that, believe me, i played this game many years and know that. It all boils down to showing up and manning up and playing like you believe u want it.
Last edited by Ken Lagerquist on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Jason Spoor wrote:I'm a Lakers fan through and through but I don't care for Kobe. I hope the Lakers get swept because I'd rather see great quality people like KG, Ray-Ray and P squared win the ultimate prize.

Kobe whined becuase he had to share his spotlight with Shaq so Dr. Buss gave to ok to trade Shaq - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because his wife wouldn't put out so Kobe took advantage of a young gal in Denver and got away with it - Kobe wins.
Kobe whined because the organization would surround him with talent (not named Shaq I guess) so the Grizzlies gave him a gift named Pau - Kobe wins

It's time for Kobe to lose. Whine. Demand trade to Chicago. Be sent to Chicago for the #1 overall, Deng and KH. Lakers win in '08-'09. - Kobe whines.
Post of the week. And this from a lifelong Laker fan. Kobe is a whiner. Derek Fisher, Odom, Turiaf, Gasol, I can respect and pull for, but Kobe... never.

I officially put Jeff Van Gundy in the "Puke" category as well. After Kobe scored a basket after missing 4 or 5 straight shots, and immediately whined about getting touched, he gets T-d up like he should have. Moments later Van Gundy says "I like to see an impact player like Kobe make a statement and show some emotion like that. That is a statement Technical." What a TOOL! Wake up Van Gundy! Earlier Van Gundy stated that the NBA should add a 7th foul or eliminate personal foul limits all together. What a moron.
Van Gundy has to be the worst commentator in the NBA, i used to think Walton was, but Van Gundy takes the cake. I will rank him right up there with the pathetic Billy Packer for worst commentators PERIOD!!! I believe that the NBA should count Technicals as personals just like they do in High School and College, that might clean the league up alot as far as technicals. When the Technicals start meaning soemthing in a game, thats when the NBA will turn the corner. Fining guys and suspending them after 15 Technicals is weak. Start counting the T's as personals, thats the only way.

It really makes me wonder what ESPN uses as credentials for some of these azzclowns to become commentators!!!! The same goes for them all around in every sport that they hire all these EX-players and ex-coaches as so called "experts". Some of these guys have been so far out of reality since they have been a part of Professional sports, they forget about the reality of the sport. These contracts have taken away from the love of the sport. I was reading an Old article on Dale Murphy from back in 82-83 i believe and it talked about how he had signed a contract extension of 3 years for $8 Million, he was the fifth highest paid player in MLB at the time, now that is just a players minimum salary. It is sickening. With the economy the way it is, and the way salaries are, the average fan will not be able to afford to go to these games.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Gasol's dunk in KG's grill was AWESOME!

I agree on the ESPN commentators. They are a joke. Van Gundy awed me with his ignorance last night.
Rob Jansen

Post by Rob Jansen »

As to Mr. Van Gundy, I really appreciated your acting career, especially your role in the 1990 hit Ghost. His subway performance in said movie was riveting. I wish he would go back to acting.

Here is a link to his IMDB page:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001704/
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Rob Jansen wrote:As to Mr. Van Gundy, I really appreciated your acting career, especially your role in the 1990 hit Ghost. His subway performance in said movie was riveting. I wish he would go back to acting.

Brilliant!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:I believe that the NBA should count Technicals as personals just like they do in High School and College, that might clean the league up alot as far as technicals. When the Technicals start meaning soemthing in a game, thats when the NBA will turn the corner. Fining guys and suspending them after 15 Technicals is weak. Start counting the T's as personals, thats the only way.
It also would make it nicer if they made technicals two shots like every other league of basketball. One shot doesn't punish a team at all for getting T'd up. It should be two shots and the ball and I agree with Ken on being a personal foul as well...

By the way, Weis, your account of Van Gundy's ignorance made me laugh for a good five straight minutes this morning. Also, the way him and Mark Jackson agrue like little kids horrible as well...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

By the way, Roops is the man!!!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I was shocked last night by Boston's lack of urgency throughout the entire game, especially at the end. I was also in disbelief that they didn't try to foul when they were only down 6 with 20 seconds to play. Garnett didn't post up all night. Their offense went through Eddie House (a guy who didn't play in either game 1 or 2) and he was firing up wild shots... It looks like their mindset is to just win one of the three games in L.A. knowing they can't be beat twice in a row at home and that they want to win the title at home... I don't think this is a very good approach. If they play the same way the next two games, L.A. is going to win all three games at home and then we will have a series.

I know the Lakers fans (that's you Ken. LOL) will say that L.A. didn't play well either. That is very true. I just mean that there is a difference when you play hard and play to win, but don't play well (which is what the Lakers did) than to not play hard and not play to win and just play un-inspired basketball (which is what Boston did). Ray Allen was the only Celtic who looked like he even wanted to play last night... On the other side of the coin, Kobe willed and inspired his team to victory...
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:I was shocked last night by Boston's lack of urgency throughout the entire game, especially at the end. I was also in disbelief that they didn't try to foul when they were only down 6 with 20 seconds to play. Garnett didn't post up all night. Their offense went through Eddie House (a guy who didn't play in either game 1 or 2) and he was firing up wild shots... It looks like their mindset is to just win one of the three games in L.A. knowing they can't be beat twice in a row at home and that they want to win the title at home... I don't think this is a very good approach. If they play the same way the next two games, L.A. is going to win all three games at home and then we will have a series.

I know the Lakers fans (that's you Ken. LOL) will say that L.A. didn't play well either. That is very true. I just mean that there is a difference when you play hard and play to win, but don't play well (which is what the Lakers did) than to not play hard and not play to win and just play un-inspired basketball (which is what Boston did). Ray Allen was the only Celtic who looked like he even wanted to play last night... On the other side of the coin, Kobe willed and inspired his team to victory...
hahahhaa, thanks Casey, you are right tho, both teams didnt play very well at all. Both Big 3 had one guy score points, so that offset each other. But dont forget about Sasha, he came to play last night. I really think having him, Kobe, D-Fish, Turiaf(or Odom when he pulls his head out) and Gasol is their best line up that matches up with the Celtics. Sasha can Guard Ray Ray(not that he will stop him) and Kobe guards Pierce. THese matchups i like a lot better than when Radmanovich is in there not guarding anyone and fouling out in the first quarter!!! It did definitely look like the Celtics were sleepwalking thru that game last night. I really think they are depending too much on their home court advantage. Doc Rivers should have shut his mouth when he was talking about the 2-3-2 format and how he doesnt like it. He basically said his team cant win on the road in that format, so dont u think they might start thinking that a little.
I really love it when Garnett settles for 20ft jump shots!!! I will let him shoot them all day long even in Boston. Looks like we could have a series again after last nights game, still alot of games left.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Rob Jansen wrote:As to Mr. Van Gundy, I really appreciated your acting career, especially your role in the 1990 hit Ghost. His subway performance in said movie was riveting. I wish he would go back to acting.

Brilliant!
That is awesome, hahahahaha
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Boston will take a game in L.A. before heading back to Irish land.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:Boston will take a game in L.A. before heading back to Irish land.
noway!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Comeback for the ages.

Wow Vujacic is a baby.

MJ woudl have got the ball in his hands and knocked down that shot Kobe almost air-balled.

Wow. What a comeback.

The Celtics are completely spent. If they play with that much passion and energy LA can't touch them. That drive by Ray Allen on Vujacic was sick.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Yea, that was a helluva comeback. The Celtics definitely want it more, thats for sure. The Lakers just didnt adjust to the celtics adjustments and got their azz handed to them. Been some really good games actually. Looks Like it will be the Celtics in 6, probably 5 if the Lakers dont pull their heads out. And as much as i like how Vujacic plays, he does cry about calls alot. he does reach in and get some fouls called, he acts like he doesnt ever foul!! He isnt even a superstar in the league, shut up and play the game
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:Boston will take a game in L.A. before heading back to Irish land.
ok i was wrong!!! LOL
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Yea, that was a helluva comeback. The Celtics definitely want it more, thats for sure. The Lakers just didnt adjust to the celtics adjustments and got their azz handed to them. Been some really good games actually. Looks Like it will be the Celtics in 6, probably 5 if the Lakers dont pull their heads out. And as much as i like how Vujacic plays, he does cry about calls alot. he does reach in and get some fouls called, he acts like he doesnt ever foul!! He isnt even a superstar in the league, shut up and play the game
Well, until the 3rd/4th quarter last night, I was really starting to wonder if the Celtics would be able to turn it on. I hate teams that "relax" or lose the edge when they are either winning a game or series. So I would say last night's game was huge for Boston, but they could just as easily go into "we got this won" mentality and burp the series back up.

On the other hand, I don't see LA coming out with a lot of fire. It looked like last night's comeback might have really taken the wind out of their sails.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:Yea, that was a helluva comeback. The Celtics definitely want it more, thats for sure. The Lakers just didnt adjust to the celtics adjustments and got their azz handed to them. Been some really good games actually. Looks Like it will be the Celtics in 6, probably 5 if the Lakers dont pull their heads out. And as much as i like how Vujacic plays, he does cry about calls alot. he does reach in and get some fouls called, he acts like he doesnt ever foul!! He isnt even a superstar in the league, shut up and play the game
Well, until the 3rd/4th quarter last night, I was really starting to wonder if the Celtics would be able to turn it on. I hate teams that "relax" or lose the edge when they are either winning a game or series. So I would say last night's game was huge for Boston, but they could just as easily go into "we got this won" mentality and burp the series back up.

On the other hand, I don't see LA coming out with a lot of fire. It looked like last night's comeback might have really taken the wind out of their sails.
same here Simon. LA just lost focus and got away from what was successful for them. I think because Kobe didnt score many points in the 1sthalf, they decided to let him get rollin which never happened either. They just didnt adjust very well to Bostons adjustments and they looked lost in the 2nd half. Game 5 is definitely crucial and like u said, Boston could go into coast mode, but i doubt that will happen. Im sure they would love to come out and clinch sunday, but u know teams love to clinch at home. so we will see. Anything can happen. There have been a lot of firsts this season and post season, so we could be up for a big surprise, or not.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Ok, im gonna hide in my lil corner here and come out next year. That was absolutely embarrassing! How do u not come to play and not make the adjustments needed to be competitive in that game.

My prediction for next year is Lamar Odom is GONE!!! traded to the Kings for Ron Artest. Kobe will push to get Artest in a Lakers uniform. they need someone who can finish around the basket, and Odom is not him, thats for damned sure.