NBA

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is officially parity in the NBA. The #8 Seed Golden State Warriors not only beat the #1 Seed Dallas Mavericks, but they totally whooped them, slugged them in the chest, humiliated them, brought it to them, or any other analogy you want to use. I loved every second of this series watching a 67 win team go down to a team who got in the playoffs on the last day of the season... Now my 1994 Seattle Sonics (who lost to #8 seed Denver in the 1st Round) are off the hook and are not the biggest choke artists in NBA History anymore. Thank you Dallas.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I totally agree Casey, that was an awesome game. I thought the Warriors were done when Baron Davis injured his hamstring, but they hung tough and put a whoopin on the Mavs. For the first time in 50 years, both finalists from last year were eliminated in the first round. Golden state is a scary team, they are playing about as well as any team can play, and they can flat out shoot the rock..
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

You are right Ken in that the Warriors are flat out en fuego!!! Getting Steven Jackson and Al Harrington from the Pacers gave them some firepower and some toughness. They are also athletic guys who can play some tough defense as well. I think their magic carpet ride will come to an end if they play Houston in the 2nd Round, but that being said if they keep shooting the ball like they have and Baron Davis keeps playing like Magic Johnson, they could easily beat the Rockets or Jazz.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Good points Fish. That sure was fun to watch. I agree with you though and think the Jazz will put an end to the Warriors season in 5.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

What do you guys (and gals) think of the Suns and Spurs series?
Do you think Horry and Stoudimier should be suspended?

This series kink of reminds me of the 80's playoffs with the Pistons. I think Horry should be suspended but not A.S. If I got hooked like that I would expect my teammates to at least come to my protection.

If you are keeping score...the series is tied, but
Spurs-One bruised eyeball

Suns-1 six stitch slash over the nose
1 knee to the groin
1 clotheline into a table
1 one kick on the achilles
I think the Spurs are kicking the Suns butts!
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I think Horry should be suspended, and i also believe that Bruce Bowen should be suspended for his knee to Nash's groin. Kobe got suspended for flayling his arms after a shot, and this knee to the groin was more flagrant than Kobe's swinging arms. The NBA really needs to look at this whole thing and change it accordingly. Stoudamire should not be suspended. If he came of the bench and got in the middle of it, then yes, but he didnt get that far.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:I think Horry should be suspended, and i also believe that Bruce Bowen should be suspended for his knee to Nash's groin. Kobe got suspended for flayling his arms after a shot, and this knee to the groin was more flagrant than Kobe's swinging arms. The NBA really needs to look at this whole thing and change it accordingly. Stoudamire should not be suspended. If he came of the bench and got in the middle of it, then yes, but he didnt get that far.
I agree with you 100% on this whole post Ken...

Also, this Suns/Spurs series is going to be a phenominal finish.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Jason Spoor wrote:Good points Fish. That sure was fun to watch. I agree with you though and think the Jazz will put an end to the Warriors season in 5.
Great work Roops. Sheer genius!!! I only said the Jazz would win the series. You had to top me and correctly pick the number of games... LOL...
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

i'm not the resident sports guru for nothin'!!! :wink: :D
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I don't know if anyone saw what LeBron James did last night, but it was one of the great all-time NBA Playoff performances. He had 48 points and scored the last 25 points of the game for the Cavs. He single handedly won that game in double overtime. It was definitely a Jordan-esque performance, hitting tough shot after tough shot despite being double teamed. Nobody else on his team could do anything down the stretch, so he took it upon himself and willed his team to victory.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:I don't know if anyone saw what LeBron James did last night, but it was one of the great all-time NBA Playoff performances. He had 48 points and scored the last 25 points of the game for the Cavs. He single handedly won that game in double overtime. It was definitely a Jordan-esque performance, hitting tough shot after tough shot despite being double teamed. Nobody else on his team could do anything down the stretch, so he took it upon himself and willed his team to victory.
Kobe who??? :roll:
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Simon Miller wrote:Kobe who??? :roll:
Bryant - 3 championship rings - 81 points in a single game - best clutch scorer in the NBA - soon to be Sonic - Mr. Selfish - "Trade Me" "oh wait, just kidding, I love L.A. so don't trade me" "I don't like my GM anymore so trade me now" "Nevermind, I like Dr. Buss cuz he's a DUI Rebel so don't trade me"

TRADE HIM!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Jason Spoor wrote:
Simon Miller wrote:Kobe who??? :roll:
Bryant - 3 championship rings - 81 points in a single game - best clutch scorer in the NBA
lol
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

I hope you detected the sarcasm Coach.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Roops, i didnt detect and sarcasm, i thought you were serious, LOL!!!!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Jason Spoor wrote:I hope you detected the sarcasm Coach.
lol, I didn't until you started the "Trade me" rant.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Any predictions on the NBA Finals? Anyone?

My prediction is Spurs in 6 games.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Celtics in 5
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Jason Spoor wrote:Celtics in 5
LOL Roops... You were close, but the Celtics won the 1986 NBA Finals in 6 games.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

I say Spurs in 5.