NBA

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Washington Bullets in a sweep!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Unfortunately i have th say the Spurs in 5 also. The most boring Dynasty in NBA history!!!!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Any truth to the rumors of Lamar Odom getting traded to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal?
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I havent heard that rumor in awhile. The rumor trail has been kinda quiet with the Lakers
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Bullets, good one Ken, they should have kept the old school name.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Casey Fisher wrote:Any truth to the rumors of Lamar Odom getting traded to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal?
I know the Lakers are trying to get a center in the off-season and have been edging toward Jermaine O'Neal and Marcus Camby. I don't think the Nuggets are willing to trade Camby within the division without getting Bynum in return. I would actualy prefer the Lakers to trade Kobe to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal and a couple draft picks.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Jason Spoor wrote:I don't think the Nuggets are willing to trade Camby within the division
Same division? Where did you go to school Roops? j/k. You must have meant same conference. LOL...

My guess is that it will be Kobe and Andrew Bynum to the Nuggets for Carmello Anthony and Marcus Camby.

Another rumor I heard is Kobe to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Adam Morrison. This would reunite Gonzaga legends Ronny Turiaf and Morrison.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Casey Fisher wrote:Another rumor I heard is Kobe to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Adam Morrison. This would reunite Gonzaga legends Ronny Turiaf and Morrison.
Fish, where the heck are you getting these rumors!?! Comic books?? Is this coming from the Bill Bavasi guide to General Managing?

The Bobcats would at least have to throw in Jake Voskuhl to make that deal work!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

The Kobe rumor to Charlotte is just that, just a rumor. There is no way the Lakers trade him and get nothing in return. Now im not saying Morrison and Wallace arent anything, but come on, nowhere close in terms of talent. Lakers learned their lesson in the Shaq trade. Wont happen to Charlotte
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I read a very interesting article on espn.com about how they need to change the NBA Playoff format, and I 100% agree with it.

This year’s NBA Finals are boring and nobody is interested despite having the “Phenom” LeBron James playing in it. Why is this? It is because Cleveland would be no better than the 7th best team in the Western Conference. I would even go one further and say that the Western Conference #8 seed Golden State is better than Cleveland. San Antonio is having its easiest playoff round and playing the worst team they’ve played in the playoffs and it is the Championship Round!!!

They totally need to drop the Eastern and Western Conferences and just have the 16 best teams in the playoffs (1 vs. 16, 8 vs. 9, 2 vs. 15, etc.) Have you seen this format before? I believe so, it is called March Madness baby!!!

This way each round would have more meaning and the best teams would be playing at the end. When they are down to 4 teams, it would be like a legit Final 4. Just think if San Antonio was playing Phoenix for the title right now!!! Many more people would be interested. Unfortunately, this wass a 2nd round series and not the NBA Finals.

Yes, a few East teams have won the title in the past nine seasons, but this was mainly due to the fact that the West Champ was tired out by having to go through the entire Western Conference Playoffs. The East champ pretty much cruised to the finals. The new format would eliminate this and more people would actually look forward to watching the NBA Finals. It would be NBA basketball at its best for the World Championship, like it used to be when the conferences were even.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Who gets traded first? Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

KG gets traded first. Bynum will get traded before Kobe, partly because the Lakers wont get equal value for Kobe if the try to trade him. Unless Kobe goes to some other team like Jersey for Vince Carter or Cleveland for LeBron(NOT) or soemthing like that. Very tough situation for the Lakers
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

A perfect solution would be to trade Kobe & KG for each other. I know it would never happen though as Kobe would not waive his no-trade clause to go to Minnesota.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

So true casey, but you still need someone good to go along with KG. He wont be able to carry LA with Lamar Odom either.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

At this point, it may be better just to get rid of the headache and ego of Kobe for the Big Ticket (KG). I think KG would be very happy in L.A. and have a great attitude toward going there. Are there any top shooting guard free agents available this year? If so, the Lakers should make the deal for Garnett and get a good SG to go with Odom at the 3 and KG at the 4. Another option would be to then trade Bynum for Kyle Korver.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I read today that the following trade of KG to the Celtics went through, but Garnett rejected it because he doesn't want to play for Boston. The proposed trade according to sources was:

The Celtics to send blossoming forward Al Jefferson, its No. 5 overall pick in next Thursday's draft and Theo Ratliff's cap-friendly contract in addition to Wolves alumnus Wally Szczerbiak and troubled guard Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Garnett and Wolves guard Troy Hudson.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Casey Fisher wrote:At this point, it may be better just to get rid of the headache and ego of Kobe
I couldn't agree more. Why would any of the current Lakers even want to play beside him right now? I'm disgusted by Kobe Bryant right now because he flip flops more than a fish out of water. I have a perfect deal for the Lakers:

Lakers send Bryant and Sasha Vujacic to Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala, Kyle Korver and Samuel Dalembert.

The Lakers would gain 2 million in cap space in this deal and get filthy defense from Dalembert and Iguodala. Kobe may reject it since he'd be going to a young team but he would be the #1 go-to guy in his home town of Philly so he may go for it.

Then the Lakers could pull off this one:

Lakers send Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum to Memphis for Pau Gasol and 2 #1 picks.

This is my new Lakers starting five:

PG - Jordan Farmar
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Samuel Dalembert

Key bench players:

SG, SF - Luke Walton
SG, SF - Kyle Korver
SG, SF - Maurice Evans
PF, C - Ronny Turiaf
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

That Philly trade would be great for both teams... Kobe should just go for it and go to the Eastern Conference. He may just end up there with the Chicago Bulls...

However, I think the Memphis trade is pushin' it a little bit. I think Memphis would be reluctant to trade Pau to the Lakers for Kwame and Bynum. Unless you are the New York Knicks, 1st Round Picks are like hot cakes and most teams aren't willing to trade them away. They would like to throw in Brian Cardinal instead of the picks. LOL.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Most updated trade rumor:

The Los Angeles Times cited league sources on Monday saying that the Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves are in discussions that could bring Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles.

Trade discussions have involved the Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and possibly a fourth team. The report says that the Lakers would get Garnett, while the Pacers would land Los Angeles forward Lamar Odom and center Andrew Bynum. The Wolves would likely acquire a lottery pick and young players. Another team would also have to be involved to make the deal work financially.

Sources told ESPN and ESPN.com that the fourth team at this point is the Celtics, who would get Jermaine O'Neal from the Pacers.
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

that is the abosulte worse thing that could happen to the Laker franchise. Lamar Odom is a class act who has given 100% percent to the organization. I think Kevin Garnett is one of the top players/people in the NBA but this trade would sicken me and perhaps run me off as a Laker fan. If this trade goes through it means one thing - KobI BrIant owns the Lakers. If he's not happy with you as a teammate, your gone! If he doesn't like the way the teams playing - he'll throw a tissy until Dr. Buss caves in and overhauls the roster. I hope Kevin Garnett vetoes the trade and publicly chastises KobI BrIant. Bah!