NBA

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Very good points Roops. This trade is still a rumor at this point and maybe it won't go through. They were talking about it quite a bit on SportsCenter though.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, maybe we can hope that the Lakers do get KG and then Kobe still decides he doesnt want to be with the Lakers and trade him off for another Superstar! Might be wishful thinking, but it is a thought. There was a rumor of him maybe going to NJ for Kidd and Carter, i would take that along with KG. How exciting would that team be???
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I have no idea why the Suns are entertaining the offer of trading Amare Staudemire and getting Kevin Garnett in return. I don't know if this is just a rumor that goes through, but I am just puzzled by this. Why would you want a guy who is 8 years older than Staudemire and the only thing he does a little bit better is rebound. It just baffles me. Amare fits in perfect with Steve Nash's run and gun style and I don't think KG would at all...
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Great news Sonic fans - you can now add Kurt Thomas to your small list of PF/C on the current roster. Great work from the front office, Kurt Thomas and two 1st round picks for a 2nd rounder and an $8 million trade exception.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Kurt Thomas is an old, worthless pile. Him and Danny Fortson can now duke it old for the old man who fills the 11th man on the roster. LOL... I guess at least they ended up getting two 1st round picks for letting Lewis go by trading their exception clause. The bad part is getting Phoenix's first round picks will ensure that they will be high 20's picks since the Suns will be one of the best teams in the league.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Casey Fisher wrote:Kurt Thomas is an old, worthless pile. Him and Danny Fortson can now duke it old for the old man who fills the 11th man on the roster.
This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long, long time.

Atta kid Rock
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Bad news for Portland Trailblazer fans...

Phenom and #1 pick Greg Oden is likely out for the season after knee surgery today... The Blazers future is still very bright with a young array of talent, but a major playoff push will now probably be on hold until the 2008-09 season.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

yea Casey, it is bringing back memories of Sam Bowie for Portland, but i dont think it will be anything like that. I think Oden will come back very strong from this. They will be fine.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I agree with you Ken. The media acts like Oden is done for his career or something. The kid is only 19 years old. As long as he heals like he should, he should be a force for the next 15 years after surgery. The only thing this injury is going to do is make Portland better in the future as now they will do worse without Oden and get a higher draft pick next year. Plus, he will have a whole year to rest his ailing wrist etc.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Nothing like paying a guy millions of dollars to sit on the bench...We'll see what the future holds, he'll definitely need some support around him so maybe picking early again will help?
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

You know, it really doesn't matter. The way the refs are in the NBA he'll still get into foul trouble.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."