KHS Girls Basketball 2007-2008

Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

KHS Girls Basketball 2007-2008

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Just an FYI...the Lady Wildcats defeated Bonners Ferry last Friday night and Timberlake on Saturday night to win the Silver Valley Tournament.
:)
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Not only did they defeat BF and TL, but they did so in a dominant fashion. They have a legitimate shot at a state title if they can play as a team and all the girls can stay out of trouble this season.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

Go Lady Cats!!! I will be in Sandpoint on Tuesday to watch their game. I can't wait to watch my niece.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Matt Morgan wrote:Go Lady Cats!!! I will be in Sandpoint on Tuesday to watch their game. I can't wait to watch my niece.
Morgs,

That is awesome. I am so glad they are back in the area. At the Silver Valley Tourney it was great to see all the people there like Hank etc.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I cant wait to get back permanently to watch some games, will bring back memories.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Well, we watched the girls capture their 2nd consecutive Dist I-II Title last night as they defeated Bonners Ferry in an ugly scrappy contest. The girls didn't click on all cylinders one time throughout the tourney, so maybe they can peak at the perfect time next week. They will have to bring their A game as they face #1 Ranked Kimberly in the first round. I have no doubt we can play with anyone, but based on the last 2 games our girls have lost some focus and need to get it back. We have lots of ridiculous turnovers last night when we had opportunities to put BF away with authority.

Anyway, I don't want it to sound like I am complaining because they did after all win an IML Co-Championship and won the Dist. I-II Tournament last night. Those are great accomplishments for Coach Bogie and the girls.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Yea, it wasnt the prettiest of games, but they did show some character in pulling away in the end. It is really sad that Idaho hasnt changed their seedings at the State tournament. Why a district tournament champ has o play the #1 team in the state is ridiculous. Anyway, good luck to the Lady Cats!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:is really sad that Idaho hasnt changed their seedings at the State tournament. Why a district tournament champ has o play the #1 team in the state is ridiculous.
Ken, we've all complained about this year after year... I have no idea why they don't seed the teams after all 8 teams have qualified for state. Even if they just went by records, you would at least have a somewhat balanced bracket. Or even go by their rankings... There have been numerous amounts of time where the 2nd place team out of our district has a much better match-up in the first round than the district champ gets. Also, there have been numerous occasions where the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the state play in the first round, since they pre-determine this before the season starts... It is very sad.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Well I am headed down to the State Tourney. I think Coach Bogie will have the girls ready! I will try to post some updates and/or pictures if I get time.

GO Wildcats!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Drive safely coach and anyone else making the trip... Go Wildcats!!!

By the way, what time is the game tomorrow Pacific Time?
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

5:15
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Keep us posted with the results Simon. Hopefully the crowd will be wild and crazy for the girls. they need some big support out there.
Michelle (Dow) Hoerr

Post by Michelle (Dow) Hoerr »

Thanks Simon, I wish I could have made the trip down to support them. If you see Norma tell her to call me and give me some updates on how Marisa is doing.

Go Lady Wildcats! :wink:
"Birds always start their day off Singing!"
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Well the girls mounted a valiant comeback in the 2nd half after being down 11. A couple tough calls and a key injury to Senior Stefanie(sp) Crow contributed to them just coming up short. But I have to say, the girls put up a gutsy comeback and never quit. They were 1 possession from taking the lead and had a few opportunities to grab a hold of the game and not look back. Kimberly shot 20-28 from the FT line, which is a tough stat to overcome.

These last 3 years the KHS Girls have officially put KHS on the Girls Basketball map. They made Kellogg proud today and should do well tomorrow in the consolation fight.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Update for Day 2 of the State Tourney:

The Kellogg Wildcat girls showed a lot of resolve and character by defeating the Weiser Wolverines today in the consolation bracket. Coming back and playing the afternoon game after losing in round one is never easy and challenges the hearts of the best of competitors. Today the KHS girls played the kind of basketball we all knew they were capable of. I have now seen 6 of the 8 3A teams in the tournament play and Kellogg is right at the top. Congrats to the girls. They live to fight another day.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Consolation Championship. The Lady Cats' season came to a close this morning as they lost a tough match up to the Grizzlies of Fruitland in the 3A Consolation Championship. Despite a gutsy effort from Seniors Marisa Bush and Kaela Calabretta, the Cats just couldn't establish an inside game or a rebounding presence adequate enough to overcome the Grizzly attack. The Lady Cats were also without standout post Amanda Seeling, as she sprained her knee in the previous game against Weiser.

Once again, the girls represented Kellogg very well and the KHS Band also did an outstanding job all throughout the tournament. The band sounded great as always and showed tremendous spirit and energy.

Seniors Marisa Bush, Kaela Calabretta, and Stephanie Crow have really done a great job establishing Kellogg Girls' Basketball into a power program. Three consecutive trips to the State Tournament is quite an accomplishment.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

sounds like a good showing, just an unfortunate injury to amanda, but Kellogg will be ok in the years to come, they have some good up and coming underclasswomen to keep this tradition going. congrats to the Lady Cats and coach bogie.
Matt Morgan

Post by Matt Morgan »

For those interested, at the IdahoSports.com web site, there are a ton of action photos of the Kellogg girls playing at State. Really some pretty neat stuff.
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.