North Idaho/Eastern Washington snowfall

The place to talk about anything you want.
Ken Lagerquist

North Idaho/Eastern Washington snowfall

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I have heard that the snow fall this year is the most in almost 50 years, is this true? maybe even 100 years for Spokane, not sure tho, i am trying to look it up
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Lauren A. Scrafford

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

I think someone is pulling your pinata. Try living through January of 1969 or the winter of 49-50. Another case of history revisionists. I think there was something like 82 or more inches in January of 1969. I was living in Moscow that winter and froze my a$$ off when it hit -52 right after Christmas and then it warmed up and snowed until February. I remember many people making money in Spokane shoveling buildings roofs off; as some were collapsing from the weight of the snow.

Okay I guess I am getting old when I say you remember back in 57............................................................................

best,
L.A.Scrafford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Nice post Lauren... I wasn't around in '57, but the snow we have got lately is nothing compared to the snow even in the 1980's. Ken, we got a lot the other night, but even when you lived here, there used to be 3 or 4 feet in our yards...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

yea i remember there being 3-4 ft in the yards, and it would stick around for awhile. I wasnt sure how much snow there was there now, but just had to ask. i will find out real soon when i get back Tuesday
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Are you home permenant? Or is this a furlow?
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

So far, this has been what used to be a pretty typical Kellogg winter. It's the first time since I moved back in 2004 that it has happened though. So...for some it probably seem quite unusual.
:)
Here are a couple of pics I snapped yesterday morning at KMS as I was getting to work. It was beautiful...but then is warmed up late in the evening and created quite a bit of slush on the roads.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Nice pictures Gwen!
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

This is the time of year I miss the Valley the most, it use to be so much fun there....
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:Are you home permenant? Or is this a furlow?
I will only be home for 30 days, then have to come back here for 6 1/2 months, and will be back in Sept.
Cheryl McNeil (Cole)

Post by Cheryl McNeil (Cole) »

Gwen,

The pictures are awesome, but the top one is gorgeous!

Cheryl
Open your eyes to the beautiful.
Pat Cole

Snowfall

Post by Pat Cole »

Ken, are you still here? I'm guessing you are since you said you had 30 days. I guess you are seeing for yourself what the snowfall is like. As I write this I am looking out my window at the flakes coming down at a rapid pace and piling up quickly. But this snow, in Elk Creek, is nothing like they have had in other places. On TV one person said they had 24 inches in their driveway and were not going anywhere soon. I think that was north of Spokane some place.

I knew a couple of Lagerquists when I was in school. Who is your Dad?

Enjoy what is left of your time at home. And thanks for serving our country.

Pat Cole
Persistence: The ability to overcome obstacles along the way.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Yep... it is coming down in loads here. I just learned that school is canceled tomorrow which means it is REALLY bad out there! I might have to shovel my roof tomorrow!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Pat

I am still here for now, i have a couple more weeks. I just got back from vancouver today and i will tell u this, driving in one of these famous PAcific NW snowstorms was a joy today! hahahaha. We have over a foot of snow in our yard and had a foot of snow in our driveway when i got home. So a 5- 5 1/2 hour drive took 7 1/2 hours and then had to shovel the drive. It reminds of the days of growing up in Kellogg.

My dad is Barrett, and Paul is my uncle. Those are probably the two Lagerquist's u know.

Simon, Bobbi and i are thinking of coming over sometime this week. I want to check out the snow. They said we were supposed to get 2-3 inches, ended up with a foot, and i heard Kellogg was supposed to get 6-10, so i am guessing u guys got more. Is there a home game this weekend, maybe friday? Let me know.
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Cheryl McNeil (Cole) wrote:Gwen,

The pictures are awesome, but the top one is gorgeous!

Cheryl
Thanks! It was a beautiful morning.
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Simon Miller wrote:Yep... it is coming down in loads here. I just learned that school is canceled tomorrow which means it is REALLY bad out there! I might have to shovel my roof tomorrow!
And yet, I still have to drive to the court house tomorrow.
*sigh*
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Ken Lagerquist wrote: Is there a home game this weekend, maybe friday? Let me know.
Ken
Friday evening, our girls basketball team travels to Wallace.
The 2nd Annual "Brawl for the Ball" is on Saturday in Andrews starting at 11:30 am (C-team Boys, JV Boys, JV Girls, Varsity Boys, Varsity Girls, Battle of the Bands). This is a month-long competition with St. Maries High School that was started last year. The competition began with collections for care packages for service personnel overseas. The first week facial tissue, tooth brushes and toothpaste were collected; the second week, paper, pens and pencils. The third week collection was for magazines and books and this final week will be gum, hard candy and jerky. Also during this time, 50/50 tickets have been sold (and the pot is estimated to be $3000). Anyone wishing to purchased a $1 50/50 ticket and give credit to KHS must do so by Friday (can go to KHS office). A raffle for a quilt is also taking place. There may be other competitions that I have forgotten.
All of these competitions will be included with the basketball games and the battle of the bands. The school that wins the most competitions wins the "Ball" (it's a beautiful basketball that was painted by former KHS student Kyle Finlay). Kellogg currently holds the ball.
If you're looking for a way to spend the day, I can't think of many better...but if you're coming, come early. The gym will be full...and rockin'!
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

It's still snowing as far as I can tell. Which means we have been receiving precipitation (snow or rain, mostly snow) for 34 hours straight (it may have stopped at some point last night after I went to bed).
My husband snapped this picture from the porch this evening around 5pm.
He used a little better camera than my phone (which is how I took the last two I posted).
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Pat

I am still here for now, i have a couple more weeks. I just got back from vancouver today and i will tell u this, driving in one of these famous PAcific NW snowstorms was a joy today! hahahaha. We have over a foot of snow in our yard and had a foot of snow in our driveway when i got home. So a 5- 5 1/2 hour drive took 7 1/2 hours and then had to shovel the drive. It reminds of the days of growing up in Kellogg.

My dad is Barrett, and Paul is my uncle. Those are probably the two Lagerquist's u know.

Simon, Bobbi and i are thinking of coming over sometime this week. I want to check out the snow. They said we were supposed to get 2-3 inches, ended up with a foot, and i heard Kellogg was supposed to get 6-10, so i am guessing u guys got more. Is there a home game this weekend, maybe friday? Let me know.
Ken,

I was on the cell phone with our school Internet Service Provider as the weather is creating all sorts of fun challenges in the tech world.

Like Gwen said, the biggest games will be Saturday and we are also going to have a little Superbowl get-together on Sunday if you and Bobbi want to come over for that. Let me know what you guys want to do.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Saturday sounds good. I will bring it up to her. Brian is supposed to be coming over that day too. We are having a little thing here on Sunday so we wont make it over. But most definitely we can plan soemthing for future Super Bowls
Pat Cole

Post by Pat Cole »

Yes, that is correct. I think both of them were behind me in school (class of 1961) but I remember Barrett and not Paul. I did know Paul's wife, Darlene, though. And I was in an organization with your grandmother, Seena Gunderson. Everyone was giving you condolences on the passing of your grandmother. Was that, per chance, Lillian Ratts?
Persistence: The ability to overcome obstacles along the way.