Pargo Declares For The NBA Draft

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Matt Morgan

Pargo Declares For The NBA Draft

Post by Matt Morgan »

How About Pargo Delcaring For The NBA? He hasn't hired an agent yet, but wow, I don't think he's ready. What do you all think?
"Face Your Fear, Accept Your War!"-Z.W.
Ken Lagerquist

Re: Pargo Declares For The NBA Draft

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Matt Morgan wrote:How About Pargo Delcaring For The NBA? He hasn't hired an agent yet, but wow, I don't think he's ready. What do you all think?
Wow i hadnt heard that yet. Hopefully he is just testing the waters! he needs his final year at Gonzaga to get ready for the NBA. i think it will be a mistake if he follows thru
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I really think he is just testing the waters. Any Junior really has nothing to lose by entering without hiring an agent. They can then work out for scouts, go head-to-head against other players going into the draft and basically make themselves a better player. Then, they can still save their last year of eligibility. I really hope this is what he is doing because I agree with you guys that he is not ready and it would be a huge mistake. I think he would be a late 2nd round pick at best this year as the draft is so deep...
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

I think your right Casey....he has nothing to lose by declaring as long as he doesn't sign with and agent. He'll likely look great in the glorified pickup games they have at the draft camp. He'll also should test well in the combine. But I totally agree that he isn't ready yet. Just learning how to run a team.
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

I know I'm going to get smacked for this, but I don't think he'll make it in the NBA. Not next year or the one after that, unless he does play one more year in college and really improve. He's fast and has hot streaks, but I can name at least two handful of other guys that will go before him.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

Mike Nordin wrote:I know I'm going to get smacked for this, but I don't think he'll make it in the NBA. Not next year or the one after that, unless he does play one more year in college and really improve. He's fast and has hot streaks, but I can name at least two handful of other guys that will go before him.
As he is now I agree with you Mike. He needs one of two things to be successful at the next level. His brothers jump shot, or some idea of how to effectively run a team as a PG. He has neither right now. If he figures one of those two things out he has the body and athleticism to be good in the NBA.