Its official......

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Its official......

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Shaun Alexander has been released. Hopefully the changes they made this year will be for the better. we will see i guess
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24259476/
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Travis Fulton

Re: Its official......

Post by Travis Fulton »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Shaun Alexander has been released. Hopefully the changes they made this year will be for the better. we will see i guess
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24259476/
It was time. I have been critical of Alexander over the years but I am thankful for his efforts and committment to the Hawks. He was a figure that helped put the Seahawks on the map.

He was a good player for the Hawks for many years but I must say we will be better off having our offense revolve around #8 now. Ruskell has made some good moves for the Hawks but for the life of me I will never understand why we let go of Hutchinson and why we signed an old running back to six years and that kind of money. Anyway, we are a couple playmakers away on offense on being really good.

I would like to see the big Wide Receiver from Indiana in the first round and then a Tight End in the second. Lets go deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep this year.......no more dink and dunk. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hey Thime, want to play some wif?
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

Well said Vavole. I am hoping McFadden slips down to us in the draft. :lol: Alexander had a good run. I will remember him warmly as I do Chris Warren, Curt Warner and Dr. Dan Doornick. No Alexander...No Strong.. it will be different.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Well said Vavole. I am hoping McFadden slips down to us in the draft. :lol: Alexander had a good run. I will remember him warmly as I do Chris Warren, Curt Warner and Dr. Dan Doornick. No Alexander...No Strong.. it will be different.
What about Sherman "The Tank" Smith?
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

Man haven't thought about Dan Doornick in along time, guy played with alot of heart.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Re: Its official......

Post by Casey Fisher »

Travis Fulton wrote:It was time. I have been critical of Alexander over the years but I am thankful for his efforts and committment to the Hawks. He was a figure that helped put the Seahawks on the map.

He was a good player for the Hawks for many years but I must say we will be better off having our offense revolve around #8 now. Ruskell has made some good moves for the Hawks but for the life of me I will never understand why we let go of Hutchinson and why we signed an old running back to six years and that kind of money.
I think it was time to move on as well. Like you said though Trav, I am very thankful for his efforts. It's unfortunate that the last two injury-filled, sub-par seasons are what we may remember most. However, no matter if we like him or not, he is one of the greatest running backs in NFL History. In only 8 seasons with Seattle, he is:

Tied with Marshal Faulk as 7th in NFL History in rushing touchdowns and he is 13th in NFL History in overall touchdowns. Pretty impressive for just 8 seasons. I will never forget that Sunday Night Football game in his rookie year against the Raiders, where he ran for something like 270 yards. Another favorite Shaun memory was Sunday Night Football a few years after that, where he scored 5 TD's in the first half against the Vikings...

It's an end of an era, but I look forward to Julius Jones though as he is a speed back and Duckett will be a 3rd down power back. Like Hank said, we will miss Mack "Truck" Strong, but Weaver did a pretty good job the last half of last season...

As far as Hutcinson goes, well let me just say that not re-signing him was the worst move in Franchise History, especially when they signed Shaun long-term instead. We would have been much better off with Hutch and Jones blocking for Maurice Morris.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Well said Vavole. I am hoping McFadden slips down to us in the draft. :lol: Alexander had a good run. I will remember him warmly as I do Chris Warren, Curt Warner and Dr. Dan Doornick. No Alexander...No Strong.. it will be different.
Diesel.....did you just say "I will remember him warmly"? :lol:

I heard the Pats are interested in Alexander? Weird!

Hawks making a run at Schockey!! I think this would be a great move for the Hawks and if it happens - I am going to get a tatoo that starts on my chest and stretches up to my neck and down my arm.

Schockey would help the Hawks!
Hank Rauenhorst

Diesel.....did you just say "I will remember him warmly"? :lol:

Hawks making a run at Schockey!! I think this would be a great move for the Hawks and if it happens - I am going to get a tatoo that starts on my chest and stretches up to my neck and down my arm.

Schockey would help the Hawks![/quote]

Trav, if you get that sweet ink, you have to grow a kickass mullet too! Also, make sure you only play about 5 games a year because you will be hurt the rest of the time. Does anyone else remember the last trash talking TE we had? He didn't work out too good.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

good memories guys, it is funny some of the memories we have from the old days Seahawks! Me personally i dont Shockey, i think he is overhyped, and he has done it to himself. If we do get him, maybe he will be different. Hopefully the 'Hawks arent done with their moves... We should be pretty strong this year. Receivers should eb strong, but i think we need a Big time Playmaker at that position, that would help.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Travis Fulton

Post by Travis Fulton »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Diesel.....did you just say "I will remember him warmly"? :lol:

Trav, if you get that sweet ink, you have to grow a kickass mullet too! Also, make sure you only play about 5 games a year because you will be hurt the rest of the time. Does anyone else remember the last trash talking TE we had? He didn't work out too good.[/quote]

We need some attitude - unfair comaparison to your boy Stevens. Why does everyone have to be church boys to play for the Hawks? Stevens didn't work out because he couldn't catch the football when it was thrown to him - Schockey has. Also, this last year was the only year Schockey was hurt right? We need some tough attitude, remember a guy named Hutchinson? Not the nicest guy in the world but he made the guys around him tougher and better.

Started mullet yesterday.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Travis Fulton wrote:Started mullet yesterday.
Should be ready for the playoffs...
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Travis Fulton wrote:
Hank Rauenhorst wrote:Diesel.....did you just say "I will remember him warmly"? :lol:

Trav, if you get that sweet ink, you have to grow a kickass mullet too! Also, make sure you only play about 5 games a year because you will be hurt the rest of the time. Does anyone else remember the last trash talking TE we had? He didn't work out too good.
We need some attitude - unfair comaparison to your boy Stevens. Why does everyone have to be church boys to play for the Hawks? Stevens didn't work out because he couldn't catch the football when it was thrown to him - Schockey has. Also, this last year was the only year Schockey was hurt right? We need some tough attitude, remember a guy named Hutchinson? Not the nicest guy in the world but he made the guys around him tougher and better.

Started mullet yesterday.[/quote]

I agree with VavCaps. Shockey would be a wildcard, but a potential gamebreaker especially in Holmgren's WCO. I like that move.

Fear the Mullet.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I think Simon and i would look goofy in Mullets! bald head and a mullet, LOL
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:I think Simon and i would look goofy in Mullets! bald head and a mullet, LOL
That would be a skullet. I could join you two in growing out one. LOL.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I would if i wasnt in the military, they might frown on the long hair! LOL
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

DId any of you get your tickets for the 1st and 2nd round in portland next year>?
Hank Rauenhorst

it's called a skullet

------ JCS 7-7-7
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:it's called a skullet

lol funny stuff Hank
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Actually... Ken, I believe we would have Bullets or ForceKullets.

My favorite Mullet Site

http://www.mulletjunky.com/

And as Mr. Ravenhurst so aptly illustrated... the skullet

http://www.mulletjunky.com/skullet.htm

Note the definitions:

SKULLET- (skûl-ït) n. Someone that shaves their head (to expose the skull) but leaves the mullet. (Uncommon)

BULLET or FORCEKULLET-(bûl-ït), (fôrs-kyõõ-lët) n. Someone with a mullet who is balding. The outcome is a forced skullet. (Common)
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:Actually... Ken, I believe we would have Bullets or ForceKullets.

My favorite Mullet Site

http://www.mulletjunky.com/

And as Mr. Ravenhurst so aptly illustrated... the skullet

http://www.mulletjunky.com/skullet.htm

Note the definitions:

SKULLET- (skûl-ït) n. Someone that shaves their head (to expose the skull) but leaves the mullet. (Uncommon)

BULLET or FORCEKULLET-(bûl-ït), (fôrs-kyõõ-lët) n. Someone with a mullet who is balding. The outcome is a forced skullet. (Common)
LOL< that is awesome Simon!