Memorial Day

A place to pay tribute and honor to those beloved KHS Grads who have gone before us.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Memorial Day

Post by Simon Miller »

This Memorial Day Weekend I thought I would start a thread just to honor and remember all those who have died. Friends, relatives, loved ones, co-workers, and servicemen/women. will all be missed. As we enjoy this long weekend lets remember not only those who have passed, but those who are still grieving and hurting.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I second this too Simon.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Lauren A. Scrafford

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Lauren A. Scrafford »

Simon Miller wrote:This Memorial Day Weekend I thought I would start a thread just to honor and remember all those who have died. Friends, relatives, loved ones, co-workers, and servicemen/women. will all be missed. As we enjoy this long weekend lets remember not only those who have passed, but those who are still grieving and hurting.
Simon:

Thank you. I remember Memorial Day quite clearly growing up in Kellogg in the 1950's... I always thank every Veteran for his or her service.. We as a society and country all owe a debt of gratitude for all of those who have served and helped preserve our freedoms in this country.

I remember Memorial Day or as we always called it Flag Day. My grandmother Agnes Fae Scrafford never drove; thus my mother Beth Scrafford drove my grandmother to Greenwood Cemetery every May 29th. I was my grandmothers helper; as my grandmother was in charge of distributing all of the flags for Memorial Day at the Kellogg Cemetery for the Gus Zoelner American Legion Post. My grandmother had a notebook with every veterans name and plot # and checked each name off; as I put an American Flag next to each Veterans marker; as per instructed by my grandmother. It was a long standing routine that I enjoyed and felt like I was contributing to our communities graditude to each and every individual who helped make this country the great place that it is.

I would like to remember this Memorial Day my cousin Army Aircorps Airman John Phillip Scrafford MIA World War 2 Kellogg Idaho. Thank you, Phillip..

L.A.Scrafford
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Thanks for the nice words everyone. I ditto it all. Very nice words/memories Lauren.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden