Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Ken Lagerquist

Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Well, looks like we got the greatest rivalry in NBA history back on this year. I have been waiting for this for as long as it has taken to get it back, 21 years. You all know what my prediction will be, i am just saying Lakers in 6. Anyone else?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics--Your Predictions

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:Well, looks like we got the greatest rivalry in NBA history back on this year. I have been waiting for this for as long as it has taken to get it back, 21 years. You all know what my prediction will be, i am just saying Lakers in 6. Anyone else?
The NBA Playoffs are still going?
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

i expected an answer like this from you of all people!! :poke:
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Mike Nordin wrote:oh, the Lakers, whom I hate, won tonight. This is the beginning to my set up of the Lakers vs the "greenest from the eastest". Celts in 6
Nuff' said.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:
Mike Nordin wrote:oh, the Lakers, whom I hate, won tonight. This is the beginning to my set up of the Lakers vs the "greenest from the eastest". Celts in 6
Nuff' said.
What are u smokin Mike??? LOL
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I'm not going to make any predictions, but this is the first NBA Finals that I have been excited to watch since the Bulls vs. Jazz in 1998.
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Jason Spoor
They Call Me Roops

Post by Jason Spoor »

Bobcats in 5
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Jason Spoor wrote:Bobcats in 5
Attaboy Roops. Glad to see you came out of hibernation and make a post!!!

It seems like anytime that there is major hype for a sporting event, it never lives up to it's billing. That being the case I see:

Celtics in 4 or Lakers in 4.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:I'm not going to make any predictions, but this is the first NBA Finals that I have been excited to watch since the Bulls vs. Jazz in 1998.
This is the first one i am excited about in quite a few years, but Bulls/Jazz, come on Casey, LOL i would say the first one i am this excited since Lakers/Bulls '91
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Casey Fisher wrote:I'm not going to make any predictions, but this is the first NBA Finals that I have been excited to watch since the Bulls vs. Jazz in 1998.
This is the first one i am excited about in quite a few years, but Bulls/Jazz, come on Casey, LOL i would say the first one i am this excited since Lakers/Bulls '91
Hey, the Jazz were my #2 team behind the Sonics because Stockton & Malone were so awesome!!! If you remember correctly that was a big NBA Finals. The Bulls had barely beaten the Jazz the year before in the Finals and in '98, the Jazz had home court advantage. On top of that we knew it would be the Bulls last year together with Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Jackson, etc. Who could forget the image of Jordan's last shot to win Title #6 at the end of Game 6!!!! Despite not being a Bulls fan, words can't describe how I felt in that moment watching the greatest athlete of all-time.
Brian Stovern

Post by Brian Stovern »

The NBA Playoffs are still going?[/quote]

I'm with ya Simon. Trying hard to give a damn about the NBA playoffs, and not always succeeding. I still plan to watch the games. I think Lakers in 6. Hard to bet against Kobe when he has a decent supporting cast that all seem to be comfortable in their roles.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:
Hey, the Jazz were my #2 team behind the Sonics because Stockton & Malone were so awesome!!! If you remember correctly that was a big NBA Finals. The Bulls had barely beaten the Jazz the year before in the Finals and in '98, the Jazz had home court advantage. On top of that we knew it would be the Bulls last year together with Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Jackson, etc. Who could forget the image of Jordan's last shot to win Title #6 at the end of Game 6!!!! Despite not being a Bulls fan, words can't describe how I felt in that moment watching the greatest athlete of all-time.
LOL, i know Casey, i just had to give ya a hard time. But you all have to remember, i am in Korea, so we dont have much to look forward to on the TV here, we dont have the luxury of having Comcast Digital Cable, LOL!!! i get like 8 channels total, then a bunch of Korean Channels, LOL
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:LOL, i know Casey, i just had to give ya a hard time. But you all have to remember, i am in Korea, so we dont have much to look forward to on the TV here, we dont have the luxury of having Comcast Digital Cable, LOL!!! i get like 8 channels total, then a bunch of Korean Channels, LOL
Do they have a Korean Idol over there? LOL... With that tv lineup, I bet you would be pumped to watch the Timberwolves and Knicks right now!!!
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Are you going to get to watch Can-sain-co's fight? Come on, I you just can't wait for that.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Brian Stovern wrote:The NBA Playoffs are still going?
I'm with ya Simon. Trying hard to give a damn about the NBA playoffs, and not always succeeding. I still plan to watch the games. I think Lakers in 6. Hard to bet against Kobe when he has a decent supporting cast that all seem to be comfortable in their roles.[/quote]

"when he has a decent supporting cast that all seem to be comfortable in their roles."

Translated: The Lakers finally found 6 or 7 other guys who will put up with Kobe's selfish ego and crybaby "me first" attitude and still give some effort.

Celtics in 6
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:
Ken Lagerquist wrote:LOL, i know Casey, i just had to give ya a hard time. But you all have to remember, i am in Korea, so we dont have much to look forward to on the TV here, we dont have the luxury of having Comcast Digital Cable, LOL!!! i get like 8 channels total, then a bunch of Korean Channels, LOL
Do they have a Korean Idol over there? LOL... With that tv lineup, I bet you would be pumped to watch the Timberwolves and Knicks right now!!!
LOL< i dont know, i cant understand what they are saying anyway, so i dont watch it. We have what they call, and maybe some of you have heard them announce it during sporting events, Armed Forces Network, or AFN as we call it. it isnt bad. they give us a Sports channel, a family channel, Movie channel, news, Pentagon channel, and about 3 other channels that show various programming,. alot better now than when i was in England in the mid 90s, we only got about 2-3 channels.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:
Brian Stovern wrote:The NBA Playoffs are still going?
I'm with ya Simon. Trying hard to give a damn about the NBA playoffs, and not always succeeding. I still plan to watch the games. I think Lakers in 6. Hard to bet against Kobe when he has a decent supporting cast that all seem to be comfortable in their roles.
"when he has a decent supporting cast that all seem to be comfortable in their roles."

Translated: The Lakers finally found 6 or 7 other guys who will put up with Kobe's selfish ego and crybaby "me first" attitude and still give some effort.

Celtics in 6[/quote]

I know what u guys are saying, but to tell u the truth, i havent seen any of this u describe this year. But yes, everything you described is true from years past. And believe me, after last years bashing of team ownership, i wanted him gone too!!! either way, should be a good series. The one guy i cant stand and is a horrible rtole model is KG, anytime he does something big, u can read his lips and see F-bombs being thrown every other word. If the NBA wants to clean their league up, start throwing technical fouls out for that kind of thing. the more i see him do that, the more i want to turn the channel, but that just isnt going to happen with the Lakers playing them. I want to see the Lakers just crush the New York Yankees(lets buy a championship) of the NBA!
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

If Kobe wasn't on the Lakers I could stomach them. In fact, when ShaqDiesel was there, I halfway rooted for him. But Kobe... I would rather attend a New Kids on the Block reunion concert than see him win an NBA Title.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Simon Miller wrote:If Kobe wasn't on the Lakers I could stomach them. In fact, when ShaqDiesel was there, I halfway rooted for him. But Kobe... I would rather attend a New Kids on the Block reunion concert than see him win an NBA Title.
My brotha from anotha motha, that is funny stuff right there!!!!! i guess thats why we get along so well, we hammer each other about our teams and keep on livin, LOL
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

Hey, you guys just keep HANG'IN TOUGH!!! OK