Tiger Woods

Come here to discuss everything from Golf to WWE.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Tiger Woods

Post by Simon Miller »

I am not embarrassed to say that Tiger's performance in the 3rd round of the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines brought tears to my eyes several times. Seeing him perform with a very sore/tender knee under one of the most, if not THE most pressure packed situation in all of sports was incredible. Hearing the absolute eruption of the crowd as Tiger made shot after unbelievable shot was completely amazing.

As a golfer, I have always loved Tiger. He is what golf is all about and an INCREDIBLE talent. I know a few people who have a real "sour grapes" attitude about Tiger for whatever reason. If anyone watched that today and can't admit how amazing it was they will never get it.

Breathtaking.
"Play Like A Champion Today"
Hank Rauenhorst

Post by Hank Rauenhorst »

I didn't see it. I had to work. I read about it. I love him.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

I saw some of it today too, absolutely amazing, i totally agree, When he wins this tournament, he can finally shut the naysayers up who said he cant win when coming from behind. He is the total package as a golfer, and in my mind, the best ever!!!!! I know Brian is one of those guys who cant stand him, but he doesnt play alot of golf like alot of us, so he cant appreciate it as much. Tiger is a perfectionist, so when he makes a mistake on a shot he feels he should have shot better, he makes a big deal about it, jsut like any of us would.those two eagle shots he had today were just awesome, a couple of the best shots i have seen in awhile.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Gwen Johnson
#1 Wildcat Fan

Post by Gwen Johnson »

Oh Simon...mom and I were watching the last 8 or so holes this afternoon/evening. It was amazing...and yes, his performance brought tears to my eyes too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I could not help but add to the roar of the TV crowd after each of those eagle and birdy moments. And his reactions were priceless too. His excitement after the eagle on...was it 13? Then his almost embarrassed joy after the birdy on 17...priceless. By the time the eagle putt dropped on 18, he was too tired for the multiple fist pumps displayed after the first eagle, so a quiet, satisfied smile was all he needed.
It was among the most amazing Open rounds I've witnessed. It brought to mind the excitement I felt when Payne Stewart won his last Open in 1999. You can bet I'll be watching this afternoon/evening too...
Wow!
:D
A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. ~Kay (Men in Black, 1997)
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

What and ending to the last round!! Now we have 18 holes tomorrow! Hopefully Tiger can play well. Since it will be one on one, I dont think Rocco can do it. Great put today on number 18!!!! we were watching that last put in our lobby of our shop and we all went nuts.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford
Hank Rauenhorst

best. ever.
Simon Miller wrote:Quite possibly one of the sweetest posts I have seen on the internet since Al Gore invented it.
------ JCS 7-7-7
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Hank Rauenhorst wrote:best. ever.
I concur.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Ken Lagerquist wrote:What and ending to the last round!! Now we have 18 holes tomorrow! Hopefully Tiger can play well. Since it will be one on one, I dont think Rocco can do it. Great put today on number 18!!!! we were watching that last put in our lobby of our shop and we all went nuts.
We were having a Father's Day gathering at my parents' house. Everyone was out side enjoying the sun and eating dinner and I was inside glued to the TV. When Tiger hit his 2nd into the rough on 18 I was wondering if Rocco just might get his major. As Tiger locked in and began prowling that 12 footer, you just knew he was going to do it again. When he made that putt I went bonkers along with the gallery. What an incredible moment.

As Tiger played the last few holes, I was giving my family a commentary. Honestly, Tiger is my pick hands down, but I said that if not Tiger, I hoped Rocco could take it. He proved you don't have to hit it a mile to compete.

Amazing stuff.
Mike Dye

Post by Mike Dye »

That was an incredible putt.....
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

I just love the underdog so much that I have to pull for the 45-year old 158th ranked player in the world to win today!!! I think Tiger is going to get him though...

Either way it turns out, this was a U.S. Open for the ages!!!
"Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail." ~ John Wooden
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

What a tournament that was. i concur with Simon and Hank, this is just proof that Tiger is the Best Ever!
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Now that I see that Tiger is out for the rest of the season makes what he did that much more remarkable!!!
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Casey Fisher wrote:Now that I see that Tiger is out for the rest of the season makes what he did that much more remarkable!!!
Very true Casey, i was hoping to see him in the British Open, but i guess we have to wait til next year. it only delays the inevitable, him being the all time Majors winner!
Last edited by Ken Lagerquist on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

This pretty much says it all: (This is a MUST read)

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/sto ... NHeadlines
Mike Nordin
KHS's Original Lost Boy

Post by Mike Nordin »

"Pritish Open", I know its a typo ken, but I think it is funny and say alot about what I think of the brits. Thank you for this little unintended treat.
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so much as to have your brains fall out."
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Mike Nordin wrote:"Pritish Open", I know its a typo ken, but I think it is funny and say alot about what I think of the brits. Thank you for this little unintended treat.
LOL i didnt notice the typo until i went back read it before i read yours, LOL. funny stuff tho
Hank Rauenhorst

After the tourney, Simon came by the store and here was our conversation,

Me-"Did you see that?"
Simon - "Yeah"
Me- <head shaking> "I mean WOW"
Simon- <head shaking> "Yeah WOW"

Then we shook our heads for another 20 seconds and said, "OK see ya later."

That is all we could (or had to) say.

WOW

"I am going to play in the US Open and I am going to win."--Tiger Woods
------ JCS 7-7-7
Simon Miller
Closet Drummer

Post by Simon Miller »

Yeah... still WOW.
Casey Fisher
Ph. D. Kellogg Studies

Post by Casey Fisher »

Could this injury be career threatening? I know you put a lot of strain on your left knee during your golf swing... I hope he comes back next year at 100%.
Ken Lagerquist

Post by Ken Lagerquist »

Tiger will be fine, he wont be back to playing until he is 100%, im sure he realized that after the US Open